Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cumandgo

Stress and Punting

29 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if there is a correlation between stress and punting.

I think much of my interest in punting over the last year or two has come from the stress of the economic crisis, the destruction of wealth and the uncertainty that comes with it. When I am researching for punts or just generally browsing on this topic , all worries are put on the back burner. You move into a different zone--- the researching, planning and attending a punt are all therapeutic in their own way. I want to treat myself, to balance things. Its a sort of release from daily worries and pressure -- instead of drinking, over- eating, gambling or playing golf !

Am I on my own here or do other guys feel there is some link between stress in their private lives and their love of punting and all that goes with it.?

Ladies,do you see any evidence of such a link from your clients ?

Interesting.

Punting is my stress release valve, with stress caused by running my own business and working long hours to keep my wife in the style to which she has become accustomed whilst getting little by way of support or gratitude at home. She is only interested in our children (not a bad thing) and her friends and as long as her credit card bill is paid every month she is immune to what goes on in the real world, or indeed my world.

I don't drink much, smoke, gamble or play golf, but I love women. So a couple of times a month I have to go away on "business trips", when I turn off the blackberry, relax and enjoy the company of lovely, attentive, intelligent, generous women which makes life worthwhile.

For many of the clients I meet it's all about the escapism - a few hours away from the realities of life, allowed to kick back, moan about life's trials and tribulations, sexually satisfied then back to the battle that is life, love and the universe, until it all gets too much, then back again. :D

I tend to punt when I have money - I have money when I am working hard and don't have the time and inclination to go through the pick up dance or the getting to know you dance. I am often fairly stressed when I am having to work to that sort of "disposable income" level.

So yes I tend to punt when stressed.

MS sufferers become desperate for sex or is it just contact with the opposite sex?

For many of the clients I meet it's all about the escapism - a few hours away from the realities of life, allowed to kick back, moan about life's trials and tribulations, sexually satisfied then back to the battle that is life, love and the universe, until it all gets too much, then back again. :D

' kicking back ' at a punt ? I don't think I've ever felt a WG creating that particular vibe at a booking. Yes, its often friendly ,warm and with a nice ambience but that is quite a different thing from a ' come in, relax and let me spoil you rotten ' welcome . Maybe some day ! ;)

Mel -- everytime I look at the top of your homepage, I think of that Cadbury's Flake ad.:)

Money and the hard economics times aren't really a issue for me, looking back on my punting I would actually relate all of it to stress!

I guess when you work long hours and have very little time for a girlfriend punting is a good escape and some thing to look forward to.

Speaking of free time I think I might "indulge" this Saturday! Just need to pick where and who :D

I think much of my interest in punting over the last year or two has come from the stress of the economic crisis, the destruction of wealth and the uncertainty that comes with it. When I am researching for punts or just generally browsing on this topic , all worries are put on the back burner. You move into a different zone--- the researching, planning and attending a punt are all therapeutic in their own way. I want to treat myself, to balance things. Its a sort of release from daily worries and pressure -- instead of drinking, over- eating, gambling or playing golf !

Am I on my own here or do other guys feel there is some link between stress in their private lives and their love of punting and all that goes with it.?

For me, punting is a way to relax and relieve sexual frustration without having a wank. If I was worried about the economic crisis and destruction of wealth I wouldn't blow what I had on hookers :D

For some there may be a link between stress in their private lives and why they punt but for me its more about fulfilling a desire to have sex with a nice fit young woman. I can have this desire whether I am stressed at work or not. Its about paying for the result and negating any kind of effort to attain this in the conventional way.

That's very true. :)

For me it's a great way to forget about work, stupid bosses and the rest of the 'whole nine years' for a while, especially if you have found someone that you can really relax with.

I also find that the effect lasts for a few hours afterwards - or at least until I step back into the office.

Definitely a great stress reliever - for an hour or however long, you can forget about everything else, and be spoiled rotten by someone attractive whose entire job is to focus their attention completely on you. TBH that's more important to me than the actual sex part.

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago. I reckon that a good number of mental health problems (like depression and anxiety) would be dealt with far more effectively by a few sessions with a suitable skilled WG than the current regime of shrinks and drugs.

' kicking back ' at a punt ? I don't think I've ever felt a WG creating that particular vibe at a booking. Yes, its often friendly ,warm and with a nice ambience but that is quite a different thing from a ' come in, relax and let me spoil you rotten ' welcome . Maybe some day ! :D

Mel -- everytime I look at the top of your homepage, I think of that Cadbury's Flake ad.:)

Cumandgo, once a year I still see the first client I ever met (nearly 10yrs ago now), and we still 'kick ass' together. Maybe that's the joy of regulars ? ;)

(Glad you like the banner :D )

punting is ideal because I get to meet some amazingly gorgeous girls and have fun

I use massage as a form of stress release, and it was that which drew me into punting as one thing led to another. No matter how good your relationship with someone close to you, you both bring with you lots of baggage built up oiver the time you've been together, so interacting with them often brings its own stresses. I do find it much easier to really relax with an attractive, willing lady with whom I have no such baggage.

I also find that the effect lasts for a few hours afterwards - or at least until I step back into the office.

You know when you been 'Tangoed' :D

You know when you been 'Tangoed' :D

I have occassionally left a meeting in somewhat of a daze, but not yet because of being slapped round the face. :)

I'm almost the opposite. I find stress to be quite "performance" limiting which can lead to further stress. My work rhythm tends to revolve around a monthly cycle of two manic weeks every month followed by two relatively straightforward weeks. I tend not to punt in the manic phase of my month as I know I won't enjoy it so much (and also don't have the time). I much more appreciate a punt when I have time to savour the anticipation, relax through the whole event and daydream about it afterwards :D.

I have occassionally left a meeting in somewhat of a daze, but not yet because of being slapped round the face. :)

It was a Mesophospherical slap :D

It was a Mesophospherical slap :D

That's OK then. :)

For me, the financial 'crisis' did contribute to my decision to start punting, purely because I decided that the whole banking, financial and money creation system is so farcical and corrupt, and such a house of cards, that I might as well just have some fun and sod the consequences.

There was nothing material that I wanted; all the other things that men get addicted to: cars, booze, drugs, football, I am pretty indifferent too, with the occasional exception of football. And I do not think I would be well-suited to the protocols of the golf club.

Having sex with loads of beatiful women, on the other hand, has turned out to suit my appetites perfectly.

I hates golf I do. I went on a diet a year ago and cut out booze. Can't stand drugs or drug takers. Mrs L dos not do stress relief so alas, it leaves having fabulous sex with beautiful women for money as the only game in town.

I could get my toy soldiers out of the attic though...............................

I'm almost the opposite. I find stress to be quite "performance" limiting which can lead to further stress. My work rhythm tends to revolve around a monthly cycle of two manic weeks every month followed by two relatively straightforward weeks. I tend not to punt in the manic phase of my month as I know I won't enjoy it so much (and also don't have the time). I much more appreciate a punt when I have time to savour the anticipation, relax through the whole event and daydream about it afterwards ;).

Yes no doubt about that. :) Funny thing there is often a gulf between desire and actual performance. Like when you've had a few drinks, desire rockets but performance plummets.

Best time is probably that window you get when the mind and body starts to relax after a period of stress and everything sort of comes together--- similar to what you have said.:D

I hates golf I do. I went on a diet a year ago and cut out booze. Can't stand drugs or drug takers. Mrs L dos not do stress relief so alas, it leaves having fabulous sex with beautiful women for money as the only game in town.

I could get my toy soldiers out of the attic though...............................

Punting is good for your health ! Thats the only reason why I do it !!:D

Its a reward for me and my body after working hard.

Definitely a form of stress relief even though it can be stressful getting to the punting venue at times. Though the reward is worth it :P

No link for me, i punt whether stressed or not and always have. I fit my golf in around my punts though, when fit.:P:P

I think the punting world is a big stress relief and also for many a possible escapism.

Many read books, many do puzzles to escape the streses of life and many punt :P