MarcoPolo

Newham raid was a set-up

57 posts in this topic

Now it's all clear; the Newham raid was set up for the press. The Sun had a reporter and photographer there.

Where to begin with The Sun's report though? How about this:

"Exploitation is defined by the hooker herself and can be the fact she was made to work in cramped conditions or cheated out of wages, meaning thousands of men across Britain face the shame of appearing before local JPs."

Claims the girls working were from Italy, Portugal and Brazil. No hint that they were genuinely forced.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2923124/Brothel-raid-as-sex-laws-change.html

The legislation effectively closes a loophole where men could freely visit a brothel for sex but were arrested if they picked up a hooker on a street corner.

Funny definition of loophole. On that basis, if they banned driving, would that be closing a loophole whereby you only get arrested if you were driving dangerously or drunk?

I've said it before - the Murdoch press in particular really has it in for the paid sex scene, my belief is because it competes with their own products (Sky Sports subscriptions etc.) for men's hard-earned income. They almost always portray prostitution as either the "seedy brothels" of the story above, or £1000-a-night hookers in 5* Hotels. Oh, and if there is a new Tory Government, they will be as beholden to The Sun as Blair was.

Now it's all clear; the Newham raid was set up for the press. The Sun had a reporter and photographer there.

Where to begin with The Sun's report though? How about this:

"Exploitation is defined by the hooker herself and can be the fact she was made to work in cramped conditions or cheated out of wages, meaning thousands of men across Britain face the shame of appearing before local JPs."

Claims the girls working were from Italy, Portugal and Brazil. No hint that they were genuinely forced.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2923124/Brothel-raid-as-sex-laws-change.html

Thanks for posting that.

No surprises there. No evidence of force or duress!

Still doesn't explain why the guy was foolish enough to accept the Caution. Perhaps he was the one who "happily posed" for the picture

Thanks for posting that.

No surprises there. No evidence of force or duress!

Still doesn't explain why the guy was foolish enough to accept the Caution. Perhaps he was the one who "happily posed" for the picture

see mr silverado seems i was right about the new laws in the newspaper story

it says

"Previously men who paid for sex in brothels were able to get off scot-free unlike kerb-crawlers.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2923124/Brothel-raid-as-sex-laws-change.html#ixzz0kQNgoPQB

damn:eek:

This sentence in the report seemed particularly fatuous:

And a new penalty for the offence of soliciting will see women required to attend meetings at which they will be helped to leave prostitution.

An odd collocation of verbs.

see mr silverado seems i was right about the new laws in the newspaper story

it says

"Previously men who paid for sex in brothels were able to get off scot-free unlike kerb-crawlers.

No ...you were wrong then and you're wrong now.

You said:

"i'm kinda glad that punting is illegal now "

You've been asked by at least 2 people (one of which was me) to provide a link to the legislation that says that .....and we've still not had anything from you apart from the above one-liner in the Sun.

"During surveillance undercover cops saw up to 12 men an hour visiting between 10am and 1am the next day. "

So if it was that bad why was it still operating the next day?

The Police could have issued a Closure Notice under the new section 136B to prevent the continued "exploitation".

Looking at the picture - at first glance it doesn't appear "cramped". Also there's a TV and music. I'm obviously not trying to stick up for the owners but that room doesn't look cramped.

12 officers in the raid, continued surveillance, no rescued girls, brothel still operating next day , one Caution = big waste of money and Police time.

No ...you were wrong then and you're wrong now.

You said:

"i'm kinda glad that punting is illegal now "

You've been asked by at least 2 people (one of which was me) to provide a link to the legislation that says that .....and we've still not had anything from you apart from the above one-liner in the Sun.

of course its illegal why do you think the police are raiding all these places

they are trying to stop punting in a nutshell,

its all very well quoting all these documents mr silverado,

but what do you say when you find out the girl was forced or exploited??:D

its all a big risk at the moment:rolleyes:

Looking at the picture - at first glance it doesn't appear "cramped". Also there's a TV and music. I'm obviously not trying to stick up for the owners but that room doesn't look cramped.

The decor is an affront to everyone with a modicum of taste. Why the rozzers chose to let the place continue to operate is beyond me.:D

"During surveillance undercover cops saw up to 12 men an hour visiting between 10am and 1am the next day. "

So if it was that bad why was it still operating the next day?

The Police could have issued a Closure Notice under the new section 136B to prevent the continued "exploitation".

12 officers in the raid, continued surveillance, no rescued girls, brothel still operating next day , one Caution = big waste of money and Police time.

and how do you know the police have finished their investigation, they may be gathering new evidence of punters and brothel owners,

basically the whole scene has changed , punting is like kerbcrawling now unlike before you can now be arrested on the spot ....FACT

That's right. I quote the relevant section of the Sexual Offences Act 2003. You quote the Sun.

You've already been told by other people that punting is only illegal if you pay or promise to pay for the sexual services of a prostitute subject to exploitative conduct.

Punting is not illegal.

You've already been called a troll by somebody else on another thread. Remember...back to school next week :).

That's right. I quote the relevant section of the Sexual Offences Act 2003. You quote the Sun.

You've already been told by other people that punting is only illegal if you pay or promise to pay for the sexual services of a prostitute subject to exploitative conduct.

Punting is not illegal.

You've already been called a troll by somebody else on another thread. Remember...back to school next week :D.

lol so all you can manage is insults (typical and pathetic)

ive never insulted you , i have an opinion and so do you...so be it

The decor is an affront to everyone with a modicum of taste. Why the rozzers chose to let the place continue to operate is beyond me.:)

Are you honestly saying that you haven't punted in worse places?:D

Hell...I've lived in worse.

Very likely. It's also more than likely that he's a Sun reader himself and, like djurban, actually believes what he reads in that pinnacle of accurate and responsible journalism.

But high profile publicity = priceless. Just what Harriet and Jacqui wanted.

i have an opinion...

I shall only make one attempt: Law is not a matter of opinion. It may be a matter for argument if it reaches court, but not opinion.

You will still get off scot-free unless there is hard evidence that the woman you were with was genuinely coerced or deceived into prostitution. And accepting a caution without knowing there to be such evidence will only reveal your understanding of the law to be at the level of a Sun reader.

I would suggest that if there was any coercion or deception at play in this case, it was most likely perpetrated by the police on that one hapless punter.

One for Silverado...

Can a person have a "caution" quashed at a later date. I presume the bloke may have been coerced into accepting this particular one.

Can a person have a "caution" quashed at a later date. I presume the bloke may have been coerced into accepting this particular one.

Yes, but it's not going to be easy because by signing the Caution you admitted the offence.

Obvious example would be if in a trial of the exploiter the girl admitted under cross-examination that she made it all up because the newspaper paid her £5,000. Exploiter goes free. Enough evidence for punter to apply for Caution to be quashed.

I don't think that any of us can comment on the Newham case because none of us have the true facts - especially after reading the Sun.

You will still get off scot-free unless there is hard evidence that the woman you were with was genuinely coerced or deceived into prostitution.

Won't the arrest show up on an Enhanced CRB check, even if no charges are brought?

Won't the arrest show up on an Enhanced CRB check, even if no charges are brought?

True, if the Police consider it to be relevant.

A striking think about this Newham raid is that of all the punters on this board no-one seems to know anything about the parlour as in having visited, whether is was a long established place, newly set up, well run, badly run etc etc.

I would have expected someone in that neck of the woods to have commented by now.

Im no good at maths but I hope some maths genius can work out...

1. the number of brothels/parlours in Great Britain

2. the number that have been raided over any time period (say the last 2 years)

3. give us the percentage

I would hazard a guess at less than 1%:D

do not feed the trolls.....

do not feed the trolls

and how do you know the police have finished their investigation, they may be gathering new evidence of punters and brothel owners,

basically the whole scene has changed , punting is like kerbcrawling now unlike before you can now be arrested on the spot ....FACT

go away - you're boring us.

Do not feed the trolls

Yes, but it's not going to be easy because by signing the Caution you admitted the offence.

Obvious example would be if in a trial of the exploiter the girl admitted under cross-examination that she made it all up because the newspaper paid her £5,000. Exploiter goes free. Enough evidence for punter to apply for Caution to be quashed.

I don't think that any of us can comment on the Newham case because none of us have the true facts - especially after reading the Sun.

well if the admission was based on either

a)The police misrepresenting the offence - like the sun has

b)The police telling him the girl was definitely forced etc. and it then turning out she wasn't.

You could appeal since your admission was based on information received from the police which you yourself were unaware of and in no position to doubt or challenge.