mickey sabbath

Why Newham - Follow the money

10 posts in this topic

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/19/sex-trafficking-2012-olympics-london

If you want to know why Newham this tells you. Given the slow movement of government money and other policing priorities we should not assume this is the beginning of national clampdown.

Whatever you think about the evidence or otherwise of trafficking it is clearly the case that Newham and surrounding areas have seen a massive increase in well paid men, ie builders often living away from their partners, that will mean an increase in sex workers.

All makes sense really.

As some else recently said, stay calm carry on

I thought for a moment that you were citing THE Guardian but the purple prose did seem a bit rich! I think Hyndland is trying bring himself to the attention of members the relevant Met promotion board. I don't think you make Chief Constable when stuck as a mere DI in vice!

I'm sure that those of us who are coppers are not going to show their faces openly, but ... in large organisations promotion requires both ability and one's name being recognised by the great!

I thought for a moment that you were citing THE Guardian but the purple prose did seem a bit rich! I think Hyndland is trying bring himself to the attention of members the relevant Met promotion board. I don't think you make Chief Constable when stuck as a mere DI in vice!

I'm sure that those of us who are coppers are not going to show their faces openly, but ... in large organisations promotion requires both ability and one's name being recognised by the great!

He does seem to have some reputation though, and just to add to the confusion of all these different "Guardian" sites, here's another one. See third bio down:

http://guardianpro.net/associates.aspx

He does seem to have some reputation though, and just to add to the confusion of all these different "Guardian" sites, here's another one. See third bio down:

http://guardianpro.net/associates.aspx

Very intriguing! Thank you. Does the Met allow their men to moonlight, or is he preparing for his retirement? How, I wonder, do his superiors view him describing himself as "Chief Investigator with U.K. Scotland Yard"?

If he is but a DI after 23 years service, I think he is at the "up or out" point, and is doing everything to get "up" where he is!

29 perverts arrested for "curb" crawling.....(sigh) where to start?:P

In fairness to Hyland he probably spoke the word and didn't write it down---- it's the subs at the local rag who don't know the difference between kerb and curb.

In fairness to Hyland he probably spoke the word and didn't write it down---- it's the subs at the local rag who don't know the difference between kerb and curb.

yes I know that, same as the "perverts" tag. Tells you about the journalist.....

Hyland is becoming an interesting figure. Given the tone of remarks like "men who visit brothels and pay for sex are exploiting vulnerable woman and plying a trade of abuse," might there be an agenda beyond his duties as an officer?

He has associated with some old friends of ours. See list of speakers, page 2:

http://www.eaves4women.info/Documents/Conferences/ProstitutionPolicy_ConferenceFlyer_15May09_POPPY-LSBU.pdf

Maybe nothing in that, since you would reasonably expect police input at that sort of event, yet clearly this was a conference that would have firmly emphasised the usual Eaves/Poppy agenda…

Hyland is becoming an interesting figure. Given the tone of remarks like "men who visit brothels and pay for sex are exploiting vulnerable woman and plying a trade of abuse," might there be an agenda beyond his duties as an officer?

He needs to visit Caitland then. From what she told me there are many officers who have met her. What rank though?