Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Furyogaijin

Cebu City

3 posts in this topic

100 pesos is about 1.50 squid

Cebu is a sizeable island in the Philippines with Cebu City the main port of entry. The airport is in Lapu Lapu and fare in2 town 295 pesos by airport taxi. Alternatively, cross the road at arrivals and walk through departures terminal to grab a white taxi which will cost about 150. I stayed at the Diplomat Hotel, rooms with double bed around 1300 pesos and very punter-friendly.

The first thing you notice in town is the huge number of westerner gentlemen of advanced age, many of them Brits, walking hand in hand with ladies young enough to be their granddaughters. When not with female company, you can find the same chappies hanging in the aircon shopping malls trawling for girls or in the net cafes hunting for girls on the free dating site www.dateinasia.com

The commercial sex scene has little to recommend it :( There is a cluster of bikini bars (a go-go) near the Mango Square entertainment complex. I personaly found these places lifeless and boring with very few good lookers, reckon on around 1700 barfine plus tip to girls - they seem to expect 1000 which is double what you need to pay in Angeles. What's more, many of the girls prefer Korean customers who are apparently more generous than cheepo charlie westerners. You can read reviews of all these bars on www.cebu-nightlife.com. The worst by a long shot if you are shopping is Silver Dollar, although it is the only bikini bar open in the afternoon. Others start around 8:00 PM and go on thro 3:00 AM.

Another alternative is streetwalkers on 2 corners of Colon Street downtown, the oldest street in the PI. 500 for ST and they know all the cheep ST hotels in the vicinity. Occasionally you will find a diamond in the rough but usually they are shabu (yaba) addicts. Another possibility is the rundown Kamagayan area, but very slim pickings there these days. KTV bars with hostesses are expensive.

Therefore found it a bit puzzling at first why so many western punters were living there but soon became evident when I hit the discos on Mango Square at nite after 10:00 PM. Cebu is home to hundreds if not thousands of unloved young women whose only hope of an escape from poverty is by hooking up with a foreigner ;) They are not fussy either :) A British or American pension will go a long way in Cebu coz the cost of living is dirt cheep. A beer in the big kinda upmarket Juliana disco costs only 50 (about $1 US) so you can afford to invite a bunch of girls inside to drink with you, who sometimes sit outside waiting to get invited in. Some are WGs and will go home with you the same nite, others are regular civvy players who will try to extract the maximum b4 letting you get your way.

This is the typical scenario :

1) Meet a girl somewhere and spend half the next day exchanging bulshit messages

2) Invite her out on a d8. She will nearly always show up with a bunch of friends or cousins

3) Pay for the whole group and invite the girl out again, this time tell her to come alone.

4) She will most likely refuse, so send a text saying "OK hon no problem I'll go find a girl on the corner of Colon Street for 500 pesos".

5) She will probably relent but let you know that she expects at least 2000 pesos for her family's electricity bill or leaking roof repairs.

6) Shag the ass off her, pay her bills, then change your SIM card and start all over again with a different girl :o

Playing the above game can be fun but also frustr8ng in many ways which is why you need to spend a few days in Cebu to get something going. It will also give you an insite into what a basket case of a country the Philippines really is. That's why so many of the people want to leave. During the day you should go for a wander through the slums and witness at 1st hand the problems of uncontrolled population growth :(

Warning : Do NOT get girls through roadside pimps. You will typically pay 1500instead of 500 for a ST. They will also tell you that they have a secret stash of 25 college girls and take you in a taxi (no meter, also part of the scam) and take you into the Kamagayan where you could have found the same girl yourself. In worst cases, they will set you up with a thief. I woke up minus a girl, wallet and cellphone :P 42n8ly she never found the Ipod touch. Be careful chaps

100 pesos is about 1.50 squid

Cebu is a sizeable island in the Philippines with Cebu City the main port of entry. The airport is in Lapu Lapu and fare in2 town 295 pesos by airport taxi. Alternatively, cross the road at arrivals and walk through departures terminal to grab a white taxi which will cost about 150. I stayed at the Diplomat Hotel, rooms with double bed around 1300 pesos and very punter-friendly.

The first thing you notice in town is the huge number of westerner gentlemen of advanced age, many of them Brits, walking hand in hand with ladies young enough to be their granddaughters. When not with female company, you can find the same chappies hanging in the aircon shopping malls trawling for girls or in the net cafes hunting for girls on the free dating site www.dateinasia.com

The commercial sex scene has little to recommend it :( There is a cluster of bikini bars (a go-go) near the Mango Square entertainment complex. I personaly found these places lifeless and boring with very few good lookers, reckon on around 1700 barfine plus tip to girls - they seem to expect 1000 which is double what you need to pay in Angeles. What's more, many of the girls prefer Korean customers who are apparently more generous than cheepo charlie westerners. You can read reviews of all these bars on www.cebu-nightlife.com. The worst by a long shot if you are shopping is Silver Dollar, although it is the only bikini bar open in the afternoon. Others start around 8:00 PM and go on thro 3:00 AM.

Another alternative is streetwalkers on 2 corners of Colon Street downtown, the oldest street in the PI. 500 for ST and they know all the cheep ST hotels in the vicinity. Occasionally you will find a diamond in the rough but usually they are shabu (yaba) addicts. Another possibility is the rundown Kamagayan area, but very slim pickings there these days. KTV bars with hostesses are expensive.

Therefore found it a bit puzzling at first why so many western punters were living there but soon became evident when I hit the discos on Mango Square at nite after 10:00 PM. Cebu is home to hundreds if not thousands of unloved young women whose only hope of an escape from poverty is by hooking up with a foreigner ;) They are not fussy either :) A British or American pension will go a long way in Cebu coz the cost of living is dirt cheep. A beer in the big kinda upmarket Juliana disco costs only 50 (about $1 US) so you can afford to invite a bunch of girls inside to drink with you, who sometimes sit outside waiting to get invited in. Some are WGs and will go home with you the same nite, others are regular civvy players who will try to extract the maximum b4 letting you get your way.

This is the typical scenario :

1) Meet a girl somewhere and spend half the next day exchanging bulshit messages

2) Invite her out on a d8. She will nearly always show up with a bunch of friends or cousins

3) Pay for the whole group and invite the girl out again, this time tell her to come alone.

4) She will most likely refuse, so send a text saying "OK hon no problem I'll go find a girl on the corner of Colon Street for 500 pesos".

5) She will probably relent but let you know that she expects at least 2000 pesos for her family's electricity bill or leaking roof repairs.

6) Shag the ass off her, pay her bills, then change your SIM card and start all over again with a different girl :o

Playing the above game can be fun but also frustr8ng in many ways which is why you need to spend a few days in Cebu to get something going. It will also give you an insite into what a basket case of a country the Philippines really is. That's why so many of the people want to leave. During the day you should go for a wander through the slums and witness at 1st hand the problems of uncontrolled population growth :(

Warning : Do NOT get girls through roadside pimps. You will typically pay 1500instead of 500 for a ST. They will also tell you that they have a secret stash of 25 college girls and take you in a taxi (no meter, also part of the scam) and take you into the Kamagayan where you could have found the same girl yourself. In worst cases, they will set you up with a thief. I woke up minus a girl, wallet and cellphone :P 42n8ly she never found the Ipod touch. Be careful chaps

Another great report . Thank you .

No wonder i met so many girls from Cebu city in the discos of Wanchai ,Hong Kong .

Judging by the enthusiastic response I got to this thread when posted in April, it appears no 1 is particularly motiv8d 2 get on a plane 2 cum here all the way from the UK :( All I can do is commend every 1 for their common sense coz there are many better places in the region both 4 punting and vacation. No sane person wud cum all this way unless on business or visiting a friend (like wot I am) :(

But since I am here rite now and am bored outta my rats ass suckin skull waitin 4 the nitelife to kick off, I will add 2 wot I wrote last time 4 the benefit of n e 1 who mite find themselves kidnapped and transported here against their own will :eek:

Bikini (a go-go) Bars

There are at least 10 of these places on or near the Mango strip and easy to find. The first 2 mentioned are open early afternoon around 3, the rest don't open till 8 PM n go on till 2 AM

Silver Dollar - popular expat drinking spot where you can find the ugliest women in Cebu

Lone Star - most expensive beers in town at 75 but does a good pizza apparently

Sisters - the aircon will freeze it off after 5 minits

Love City - caters to Koreans and even the girls look Korean. Only place wot doze topless shows

Viking downstairs - sucketh a rats ass

Papillon - girls here at least make an effort to appear friendly

Pussy Cats - another popular expat drinking spot, beers at 50 and 1 or 2 girls look playful

Eric The Red - currently the most popular place in town but be prepared to take 2nd place in pecking order if there are Korean customers. 3 or 4 attractive girls here but dey cum with an attitude

Every bar appears to have a different barfine system and since I have not yet found a girl I wanted 2 barfine, I really can't say. At Lone Star I was told it was 1700 and this is LT, no such thing as a ST r8 n these places. Typically and as in AC, the girls will expect a 500-1000 tip on top

Freelancers

- 2 corners of Colon Street in the scuzzy downtown area and they come out early afternoon if not l8r. 500 for the independent skinny shabu (ice/amphetamine) addict, 700 for the fresh ones who have just started there, this u have 2 pay upfront 2 their pimp and since the girls get so little of it they expect a 300 tip. U mite actually get lucky here if the stars are in ur favor that day

- Outside or inside Robinsons Mall, 500 a shot. Be careful coz sum a these girls rnt real girls

Pimped delivery girls

On the corner of Mango Street, there are always 2 or 3 girls with a pimp after dark. The pimp will bring you more by taxi if you design8 a safe place 4 rendezvous like inside the nearby Jollibee fast food shop. These pimps are all lying son of a bitch scum-sucking maggots, whatever kinda girl you request i.e. 18 and no kid, they will bring a lady of 25 who has a cesarian scar in her midriff and tell you she is 18. Just don't deal with these scum, you r guaranteed 2 b disappointed. 1500 upfront to pimp for ST and girl gets 600/700. 2000 LT and they are guaranteed to leave early. The other dangers with these girls is that a fair few are intravenous drug userz and cunning thiefs. Stay well clear

Discos

Loads of middle class kinda discos on Mango Square. Most popular is Juliana witch just got dun up in dat earthy minimalist pseudo-eco style that is kinda popular in the world rite now. They have just introduced a 50 entrance charge for 1 drink witch is fine 4 us but seems to have kept out the good-time gals who just used to hang there to find a guy 2 support her for the nite. Not much going down rite now, you need to go on Fri/Sat nites

There are 3 real scuzzy discos downtown near Colon Street called Takuza, Red Stallion, and Dark Planet. They attract a lot of young gays and lesbians and people who are not sure of their sexual orientation. Also the Hotel Sogo (dress code of no tank tops for men so never managed 2 get inside yet) :mad: In Takuza a liter bottle of beer costs 85. Small San Mig Pilsen (5.5%) in the other places costs only 35

The gr8 thing about Cebu is how cheep the hotels, bars and restaurants r witch makes it a cosmic venue 4 skinflint tite-ass types like myself Also explains y u c so many trashy old dino expats living off their pensions

Cebu definitely not recommended 4 punting. Quality and quantity generally abysmal :P