Guest highland1212

Is the threat of getting nicked generally at the scene of the crime?

27 posts in this topic

Or do the police work retrospectively to ruin our lives as well..i mean to clean up the country...basically what i want to know is, if i have a punt and return home unscathed, can i consider the issue closed?

The general concensus is that this law will be used to 'tidy' up raids quite nicely. I isn't really worth the hassle for the police. Lots of people break all sorts of similar level laws every day and the police don't follow them up. They generally don't have the time, resources or inclination.

So it's generally limited to raids?

Yep - you might want to park your car well away from the premises as well, just in case though. Very unlikely they'd follow up the registration mark but it's an easy precaution to take.

Yep - you might want to park your car well away from the premises as well, just in case though. Very unlikely they'd follow up the registration mark but it's an easy precaution to take.

oh god dont make me paranoid. parked right outside the place

Or do the police work retrospectively to ruin our lives as well..i mean to clean up the country...basically what i want to know is, if i have a punt and return home unscathed, can i consider the issue closed?

I have no idea and no one can be definate what could happen, if for example the lady proved to have been Coerced by another or Trafficked all they would have is a mobile number of yours or possibly CCTV in the premises. If you have bought the phone in cash then once its switched off its not traceable as far i am aware. In major terrorist investigations they could trace you if you were on CCTV buying it or through other CCTV that showed you get in your car or entering a tube station using an Oyster Card or getting on a Bus or Train after you exited the place you bought it from. This costs in terms of manpower and resources and i think it very unlikely they would bother, but nothings guaranteed.

My personal belief now is the new law is primarily to strike fear into punters which scares them off punting with a few raids here or there thrown in. Time will tell if this is the case.

Even tracing a registered mobile phone requires warrants and quite a bit of work. I was once told by an officer in a certain division that if they really want to they do have some ways they can attempt to trace an unregistered PAYG using a bit more detective work - but it would have to be a very serious crime to warrant such an effort.

It's a £1000 fine max and generally not in the public interest to go delving back into history for something not terribly 'urgent', whereas those at the scene and closing the place is generally going to be top priority.

My thoughts are that the premises are ok, PROVIDING there are no complaints from the neighbourhood!

If its discreet & punters cause no grief to neighbours, then the police have no reason or inclination to raid! If there is a complaint, then they have to be seen to be doing something!

Having read the law a thousand times I can only see that it states it is illegal to have sex with a forced girl. The idea of this law is fear and is to make you think about the lady you are seeing. Making a phone call or enquiry is not proof of you paying for sex. Neither is having your car parked outside a house. To be charged with having sex with a forced girl you would have to be in the building having sex with her or at the very least in the room with her.

I've posted this before but.

Way back I visited a Sport advertised flat. I had parked in a big multi storey well away, which involved a walk thru a v. crowded mall.

police were watching the place as there had been neighbour complaints and that force was hot on parlours & brothels.

I was back home when phoned by police wanting a witness statement to build their case for brothel keeping or whatever the offense was in the 90s.

With the current regime, I have no doubt that if they want to score brownie points and have some likely targets, the police managers will alot the resources for a few days and, wanting a result from the effort, they'll follow up.

Having read the law a thousand times I can only see that it states it is illegal to have sex with a forced girl. The idea of this law is fear and is to make you think about the lady you are seeing. Making a phone call or enquiry is not proof of you paying for sex. Neither is having your car parked outside a house. To be charged with having sex with a forced girl you would have to be in the building having sex with her or at the very least in the room with her.
........... or perhaps being stupid enough to admit the offence under pressure from the local filth.

"Getting nicked" for what, exactly? If, as I guess, but you haven't specified, we are discussing "the new law", then, yes I'd say so!

Plod is generally (like me) lazy. If he can drag a punter in flagrante off the girl, and he can prove that she was co-erced, fine, but following people away from the premises won't be very successful, and will use a lot of resources. If (see the recent Sun article) four girls have been "seeing" twelve men an hour, their ability to pick you out on an ID parade isn't going to be too good.

their ability to pick you out on an ID parade isn't going to be too good.

Now that would make for an interesting ID parade, I can just picture it, dicks out, wallets open ...........

"Getting nicked" for what, exactly? If, as I guess, but you haven't specified, we are discussing "the new law", then, yes I'd say so!

Plod is generally (like me) lazy. If he can drag a punter in flagrante off the girl, and he can prove that she was co-erced, fine, but following people away from the premises won't be very successful, and will use a lot of resources. If (see the recent Sun article) four girls have been "seeing" twelve men an hour, their ability to pick you out on an ID parade isn't going to be too good.

Why would they want to pick you out?

I'm not bothered In the least that I may get my collar felt. The plod would have to catch the punter mid stroke to prove It, I don't believe I've punted with coerced women In the past, and hope not to In the future, but who can be 100% sure?

I'm not bothered In the least that I may get my collar felt. The plod would have to catch the punter mid stroke to prove It, I don't believe I've punted with coerced women In the past, and hope not to In the future, but who can be 100% sure?

Same here, i will continue to punt as i always have and if plod prove the lady was coerced then i am fucked. Its impossible to know this in advance so i wont let HH spoil my pleasure in the meantime.;)

Why would they want to pick you out?

<Trad>Nah, then Miss, we want to know who the pervert who forced himself on you yesterday morning is. In a moment this officer is going to take you to a room where there will be twelve men. We want you to tell us which of them it was.

<New, improved> Right, we are in the shopping centre, at the top of the escalator. I want you to watch the people coming up the escalator, and if you see the man who forced himself on you yesterday, you should tell us.

Probable outcome, doesn't pick anyone. Very possible, picks wrong person. Also possible in such a case, picks three different men!

just a general musing i was having

if you make an outcall, how does the law impact on that

could you argue that rather than being "cooped up" in a premise the fact that the lady is "free" to do outcalls proves to the punter that she could not be one of the "coerced" lot?

just pondering really

just a general musing i was having

if you make an outcall, how does the law impact on that

could you argue that rather than being "cooped up" in a premise the fact that the lady is "free" to do outcalls proves to the punter that she could not be one of the "coerced" lot?

just pondering really

The new legislation makes no mention of where or how sexual services are are supplied (or not as the case may be), nor where or how the sexual services are paid for (or not as the case may be), also an "outcall" proves nothing as you cannot prove a negative.

i was just wondering, because punting with a girl who is sat cooped up in a flat it would probably be difficult to know whether she was coerced or not - but if you book an outcall the girl would be out and about so the coercion would probably be more difficult to prove surely

i was just wondering, because punting with a girl who is sat cooped up in a flat it would probably be difficult to know whether she was coerced or not - but if you book an outcall the girl would be out and about so the coercion would probably be more difficult to prove surely

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I hear what you say and in a way I tend to agree, however quite apart from not being able to prove a negative, it is not, and cannot be classed as, proof of anything, it might be considered as a bit of a pointer but no more than that really.

yeah the law is pretty vague in this area

if it says the punter "knows or should know" then for that reason only i would feel that when booking an outcall it may assist the punters case

but having said that, not sure the cops would raid a hotel for one punt going on in one room

She'd be out and about - but perhaps with a driver/security.

However, the police would have to know that the outcall was taking place, which is harder to do than raiding a known brothel.

I've posted this before but.

Way back I visited a Sport advertised flat. I had parked in a big multi storey well away, which involved a walk thru a v. crowded mall.

police were watching the place as there had been neighbour complaints and that force was hot on parlours & brothels.

I was back home when phoned by police wanting a witness statement to build their case for brothel keeping or whatever the offense was in the 90s.

With the current regime, I have no doubt that if they want to score brownie points and have some likely targets, the police managers will alot the resources for a few days and, wanting a result from the effort, they'll follow up.

Your home telephone number is not on the vehicle details on the Police National Computer. However your name is and obviously this can easily be crossed referenced with a telephone directory but if you're ex-directory they would have failed at the first hurdle.

Believe it or not it is very hard for the police to use certain information unless you knowingly put it out there in the public.

It is all covered under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA) 2000. It's one of the few acts that makes interesting ready and is a haven for defence solicitors to find ways to trip the police up and have cases thrown out of court.

The rule of thumb with most things is the use of information/surveillance against the end net result. Triangulation of mobile phones for instance would be used in terror cases or murders but not to put a man in a brothel.