Laura MacKenzie

Hotels - day bookings

12 posts in this topic

I know the Hoxton does them, but it's bloody miles away.

I've also heard some Ibis do them... but I bloody hate that hotel.

Does anyone know any in West/Central London?

But the Hoxton is really nice, and has a very good Thai nearby, plus Beach Blanket Babylon too.

Interested to see how this thread pans out. Day rates, there must be some more central, around Tottenham Court Road/Fitzrovia/Mayfair? The client who took me to the Hoxton for "lunch", most days he uses it rather innocently just working from a place he can lodge his laptop in when the office is busy, and not bother with colleagues - and take leisurely craps.

But the Hoxton is really nice, and has a very good Thai nearby, plus Beach Blanket Babylon too.

Interested to see how this thread pans out. Day rates, there must be some more central, around Tottenham Court Road/Fitzrovia/Mayfair? The client who took me to the Hoxton for "lunch", most days he uses it rather innocently just working from a place he can lodge his laptop in when the office is busy, and not bother with colleagues - and take leisurely craps.

It is nice wifey, but it's miles away. Most of my day bookings work around the West :D

Ibis do them... I hate ibis earls court though. And the showers are pish.

I used to use the ibis next to Euston station for a "nooner" when I was married but that was a few years ago.....

Plus the rooms where basic - but I am a snob - awful textured wallpaper.

On the plus side its big enough to be anonymous and staff never batted an eyelid...

With regard to the day office at the Hoxton.. does this need to be booked in advance and how long are you allowed to stay? (have looked on website but not much detail..)

thanks.!

I know the Hoxton does them, but it's bloody miles away.

I've also heard some Ibis do them... but I bloody hate that hotel.

Does anyone know any in West/Central London?

Jury's Inn do day bookings if they are not full.

I have used Chelsea and Croydon and I believe that Islington is available as well

All normally 9am to 6pm or similar

G

I've seen this subject come up so many times, and I can ony repeat that in my experience most Hotels will offer a "day" rate, you only have to give them a call. Two that I use are http://www.thistle.com/en/hotels/united_kingdom/london/thistle_kensington_gardens/index.html, pretty busy hotel hence they normally only quote about 1/3 off the normal rate but if you barter they normally come down a bit more, and not in your area but handy for me once in a while:) http://www.hotelpasha.com/ £50 1pm -6pm

Does anyone know if any of reasonably (under £80) priced central London hotels that let you book a day room in advance? Having spoken to the IBIS hotel, they don't. You just turn up on the day. However I know many WG won't turn up unless you have a confirmed booking (because of timewasters). The Hoxton (which gets mentioned a lot) seems to limit the number they do, so it's already full.

With regard to the day office at the Hoxton.. does this need to be booked in advance and how long are you allowed to stay? (have looked on website but not much detail..)

thanks.!

I called them a while ago when I was having problems with my incall. I seem to remember that you could stay from 9am until 4pm. However they get booked up at least two weeks in advance, although the lady I spoke to said they do sometimes have last minute cancellations.

You could always try booking into a hotel normally, but ask if there was any way you could arrive early? I normally do this, check in at 11 and never been charged extra :)

You could always try booking into a hotel normally, but ask if there was any way you could arrive early? I normally do this, check in at 11 and never been charged extra :)

That's cos it was a male receptionist.

I wouldn't charge you extra either! :P

Edited by xxx123