Axemplay

In a nutshell

7 posts in this topic

What are the risks involved in regularly visiting a parlour. I have been keeping track of what's going on with the law but I'd appreciate a quick summary from folk in the know. I'm just fretting because I visit the same parlour on the same day every week; How much more in danger am I in right now of falling afoul of plod?

I would say about 1 in 7 of a raid falling on your day.

You don't reveal where you hang out, but I'd suggest that you do a tiny bit of research! Read the local paper, and try and work out whether your local plod are excited by parlours, and seedy, shabby <insert other choice adjective> brothels, or whether they prefer to book motorists. (Some, of course, like to combine the two and start a kerb-crawler crusade!). You could also go to plod's web site and see if he boasts of his manly prowess in saving girls from a fate worse than death.

If your plod has better things to do with his time, relax.

If he hasn't, then consider what sort of establishment he attacks, and don't go there.

Consider what sort of business model your parlour operates - if the girls are employed by the parlour, then, I think I'd be careful, because it might be HMRC raiding, accompanied by plod. If the girls are free-lance, paying the parlour for being allowed to do a shift, then less likely VAT & Income/Corporation Tax.

Consider location - are neighbours likely to be complaining about people like you hanging about?

It is down, mostly, to common sense, with a dash of random attacks by plod, just to add spice to your life.

not to mention the ladies...if they're all local 'british' wg's happy to work in a parlour then there shouldn't in theory:cool: be a problem....but if you've got a regular change of foreign girls I might be a bit more cautious?

Cheers for the replies, from what people are saying I should be at no more risk than before, touch wood.

I would add - look at the availability calender; spot the normal lives, the during school hours only ones, the few days a week after work ones; the regular but odd ones around college courses etc etc

FWIW I am punting normally at my favourite parlour in Manchester.

The parlour is well run and seems to be just as busy as it was pre April 1st.

There seems to be a tolerance to parlours in Manchester which doesn't seem to have altered with the introduction of the new law.