artichoke

Posting a negative review - do or don't?

51 posts in this topic

Hi All

In over 20 years of punting I have never posted a negative review but an experience the other night was so bad that i don't want to chalk it down to experience.

BUT I also don't want to be unfair and..................

What are your views - please be honest - if i'm being a twat say so!

The problem with a negative review is that often guys who have had a different experience (or tell you they have) will call you aliar and the girl will often then make up "he was dirty" "he was rude" etc etc, throwing as many insults as possible in th ehope that some sticks.

My suggestion is create a seperate name NOT LINKED to your Message board name or E mail and then post the report.

Then if you want it brought to the boards attention PM someone and ask them to mention the FR, and bingo job done and no crap to land on you :)

I think most of us would appreciate you doing it actually. It helps us to avoid her in the future if she was genuinely providing a poor service.

Just my opinion

Hi All

In over 20 years of punting I have never posted a negative review but an experience the other night was so bad that i don't want to chalk it down to experience.

Your not being a twat.:) I would and did post good and a couple of negative FRs, and many posts on here. If you believe you have received bad service then you are not being unfair in my view, just giving your honest experiences and sharing this with punters. Remember certain things are opinion, for example you didnt find the lady attractive, but others might, this doesnt make her a bad provider, but if you were lied to or misled it does in my book.

Overall, my view is praise good providers and slam bad providers.:rolleyes:

Your not being a twat.:) I would and did post good and a couple of negative FRs, and many posts on here. If you believe you have received bad service then you are not being unfair in my view, just giving your honest experiences and sharing this with punters. Remember certain things are opinion, for example you didnt find the lady attractive, but others might, this doesnt make her a bad provider, but if you were lied to or misled it does in my book.

Overall, my view is praise good providers and slam bad providers.:rolleyes:

In Theory I agree, in practice I don't do it. I've never posted a negative FR. Why? Well, I'm not sure, is it because I don't want to sound like a loser, or is it that the punt was so average that it didn't warrant an FR? I don't know, except that if its good I want to shout about it. You know me, I speak my mind!

In Theory I agree, in practice I don't do it. I've never posted a negative FR. Why? Well, I'm not sure, is it because I don't want to sound like a loser, or is it that the punt was so average that it didn't warrant an FR? I don't know, except that if its good I want to shout about it. You know me, I speak my mind!

Indeed i do, and you do.:):rolleyes:

Agree with smiths here, praise where praise is due, but warn others where to avoid if you have had either a bad service or poor experience.

However, I have read bad reports with WG's I've met and cannot believe they could have received a bad report from the service I received. Goes to some you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Hi All

Follow your heart..... but before you write... think if their were any positives to the experience and log them as well. You do not be offensive in your description. Just honest. Sometimes a bad report will intrigue others to still try the lady... especially if she has mixed reviews.... and also a bad report will sometimes make the lady pull her socks up in the department that was lacking.

Agree with smiths here, praise where praise is due, but warn others where to avoid if you have had either a bad service or poor experience.

However, I have read bad reports with WG's I've met and cannot believe they could have received a bad report from the service I received. Goes to some you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Thats exactly my point, my avearge may be someone elses fantastic, so unless IMO it was a more than fantastic or well below expected I wouldn't bother with an FR.

I might have some reservations about posting a negative FR specifically about a lady who may not have been to my taste or could have been having a rare off day....but I would and have done is post negative review of a totally crap organisation or dreadful parlour

If the criticism is constructive and you can say why your experience was wrong then why not?

Too many people either give abuse rather than criticism, or don't say anything when there's a problem and neither approach helps either the customer or supplier.

Hi All

I have written a number of reports and the last one was negative. Well, to be honest the last one was rejected because it was a review of a girl at an agency I had used more than 3 times in the last 3 months so broke the rules :) that report was positive though.

My last published is negative.

Coming back on topic, I and I'm sure others would appreciate an honest account of what you did and didn't like and why you rated it negatively. If you use the FR system for research then I personally think its only right that you put back in.

Please do a review.

I'd say do it. From what you say, it's not that your experience was simply 'below average' but seems to have been pretty grim. I'm sorry that happened to you but at least you can try and prevent the same experience happening to others if it was something unpleasant.

As others have said; honesty and politeness and no abuse (which I'm sure you weren't intending anyway)

:)

Why not write it off line and leave it a week Art? If you feel the same post it. I don't think there's a revoke report option.

I had a weird experience earlier in the year, at the time I could have let off steam about it. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Hi All

Why don't you just tell it exactly the way it happened. This is the purpose of Punternet. If you had a terrible time and/or got ripped off, no-one's going to think any the less of you for giving an honest and accurate report or even just a summary of your experience. And many may well thank you.

Post away. Any business providing a poor service should be aware that they are open to negative comments. If she loses custom then so be it.

Hi All

Hi artichoke

Surely if the experience was that bad (the worst in 20 years of punting :)), then you are warranted in posting an FR about it. If it was simply your run of the mill, "ho hum" sort of punt then I wouldn't bother, but this sounds like there is more to it.

My advice is to write the FR, but try and do it dispassionately. Perhaps leave it for a day or two to get all of the facts (good and bad) straight in your mind and when you do write it, proofread it several times before pressing "submit".

I believe that this is exactly what the FR system is for. I would also say that the most "fair" thing to do is to post your experience and let us other punters decide.

Nothing wrong with posting negative reviews - half of mine have been. I make sure I'm honest and don't put anything that's insulting to the WG, just facts.

If people are afraid to report about bad experiences, that just devalues the whole point of FRs IMO.

Hi All

In Theory I agree, in practice I don't do it. I've never posted a negative FR. Why? Well, I'm not sure.

Gentlemen, this thread tells me why the forum and the field report system can no longer be relied on to give an even balanced view of the industry.

If you have a bad punt you have a duty to your fellow punters to share your experience, if you can help to avoid another punter suffering the same fate then surely that can only be a good thing.:)

There are of course exceptions, if the lady was exactly as described and provided all advertised services but you simply did not "click" then a bad report is not justified.

Remember guys, having a bad punt is nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to all of us eventually ------- even the guys who claim they have punted for years and never had a bad experience, that is simply not possible.

If people are afraid to report about bad experiences, that just devalues the whole point of FRs IMO.

Precisely. :);)

Gentlemen, this thread tells me why the forum and the field report system can no longer be relied on to give an even balanced view of the industry.

If you have a bad punt you have a duty to your fellow punters to share your experience, if you can help to avoid another punter suffering the same fate then surely that can only be a good thing.:)

There are of course exceptions, if the lady was exactly as described and provided all advertised services but you simply did not "click" then a bad report is not justified.

Remember guys, having a bad punt is nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to all of us eventually ------- even the guys who claim they have punted for years and never had a bad experience, that is simply not possible.

Its clear many dont see they have a duty to fellow punters, in my view thats a matter for them, but it is of course useful to be told about bad providers. Information sharing is or was one of the advantages of this board, as recent requests i made have proved some punters only want to share their information by PM and in confidence, which i will of course not break. Somes logic is that by sharing the scenario that happened when you posted about Seductive Scarlett happens, she becomes harder to see, at least for a while and her prices rise, again at least for a time. So why share if this is a possible consequence.

I totally agree a bad punt is nothing to be ashamed about but some would rather forget about it and move on, i post good or bad experiences.

This is a good discussion point.

In general terms I find myself happy to post a favourable report where my experience has been good. Half a dozen of the ladies I've visited have requested 'no reports' so that hasn't applied.

In some nine years of punting I have had only one experience which was well less than satisfactory and I was on the point of submitting a negative report. However in that case the lady concerned ceased advertising on the web and in any event had no Punternet reports extant. I decided not to make a report. It seemed a waste of breath.

Making an adverse report is something of an admission that one's research/tastes are less than developed or at least below one's perceptions of that which is the norm on Punternet.

For that reason I would hesitate to submit an adverse report. But if I was of the view that other punters might share feelings of displeasure at the encounter I had had I would not hesitate to share same via an adverse report.

Uncle Pokey

I always think very carefully about posting negative reports. There are so many reasons why your experience may not have been what you expected. I have seen, over the years, several very well reviewed ladies and have some times been disappointed.

May be we didn't 'click' or perhaps my expectations were too high. If a punt has been really bad then a field report should be submitted. There are clearly some ladies who should be avoided.

I am now wary about posting positive reports on the basis of one visit; I have visited a lady and the session has been very good - the next time I have left wondering why I bothered.

Why not write it off line and leave it a week Art? If you feel the same post it. I don't think there's a revoke report option.

I had a weird experience earlier in the year, at the time I could have let off steam about it. Now I'm glad I didn't.

I would agree with this. If you feel you are in refund territory, then it may be difficult to deal with this at the time while you feel aggrieved. After a week you may be able to see more clearly.

We cannot have great sessions with everyone and if you are writing about a lack of something intangible then you could write that it was not a good encounter but others might find this lady OK.

If it was lack of fulfillment, complain to the lady first and if no satisfaction write a factual FR. Its lack of fulfillment that must be reported, such as services advertised not provided, misdescription of the person, etc. Agencies do not take these complaints seriously, unfortunately, but beware what you write as it can be very damaging to the individual lady.

This is a good discussion point.

In general terms I find myself happy to post a favourable report where my experience has been good. Half a dozen of the ladies I've visited have requested 'no reports' so that hasn't applied.

In some nine years of punting I have had only one experience which was well less than satisfactory and I was on the point of submitting a negative report. However in that case the lady concerned ceased advertising on the web and in any event had no Punternet reports extant. I decided not to make a report. It seemed a waste of breath.

Making an adverse report is something of an admission that one's research/tastes are less than developed or at least below one's perceptions of that which is the norm on Punternet.

For that reason I would hesitate to submit an adverse report. But if I was of the view that other punters might share feelings of displeasure at the encounter I had had I would not hesitate to share same via an adverse report.

Uncle Pokey

How do you know for definate what the norm is though. Some punters dont report negatives because they want to forget about them, or out of embarrassment, i know this because i have spoken to many punters like this.

In my view its not an admission of anything but that the punter had a bad punt, to me its not about who says they have never had a bad one so they must be great at researching, they could be lying or punt at places like HOD where the odds clearly show vastly more punters have good punts than bad.

I take risks on ocassion and accept this will lead to walk outs or bad punts, i feel no embarrassment about this and happily share these experiences. Worrying about what others think on this is of no concern to me.:)