Guest miaow99

Why sex work is like nursing?

20 posts in this topic

I saw a lovely WG yesterday who was studying to be a nurse. Whilst we were chatting. It got me thinking - sex work is probably pretty good training to be a nurse.

• You really need to be people person to do the job and not go crazy
  • Sometimes you'll have to get up close and personal with people you wouldn't normally choose to
  • You leave your patient / client feeling a lot better afterwards
  • To be really good at either, you need a high degree of emotional intelligence
  • Both are undervalued by society
  • You'll be faced with the lecherous attentions of older men (some consultants still see nurses as a perk of the job)
  • Being squeamish about bodily fluids & functions is a disqualifier

I'm sure there's more...

Of course, sex workers aren't available on the NHS, but the UK would be a much happier place if they were :o

Not if the waiting list's the same!

mebbe miaow wants wg's to wear nurses uniforms?

I saw a lovely WG yesterday who was studying to be a nurse. Whilst we were chatting. It got me thinking - sex work is probably pretty good training to be a nurse.

• Sometimes you'll have to get up close and personal with people you wouldn't normally choose to
  • You'll be faced with the lecherous attentions of older men (some consultants still see nurses as a perk of the job)

I'm sure there's more...

Of course, sex workers aren't available on the NHS, but the UK would be a much happier place if they were :o

You'll meet your fair share of nutters, and lots of men whose 'treatment' incudes shoving something up their bottoms! :)

mebbe miaow wants wg's to wear nurses uniforms?

That's a good one - you may get asked to wear a uniform!

I thought this topic tickled my memory, particularly:-

* You really need to be people person to do the job and not go crazy

* Sometimes you'll have to get up close and personal with people you wouldn't normally choose to

* You leave your patient / client feeling a lot better afterwards

* Being squeamish about bodily fluids & functions is a disqualifier

...and I found this http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/006748.html

One of my favourite WGs did work as a care worker, and I've certainly had the odd nurse in my time;)

Wonderful. Some of the best girls I have worked alongside have been either training as nurses or working as care workers and I'm sure they would have plenty to say on this subject!! :o:D

In hospital.a while ago, I got involved with a very cute little single mother nurse who used to keep me nicely entertained, late at night in the predominantly male orthopaedic ward.

After I left hospital, was gingerly making my way onto a seat on a local bus due to not being able to drive when suddenly, "Hi - almost didn`t recognise you with your clothes on!" ,this same nurse blurted out!

This drew some wide eyed stares and gasps from the other passengers, the little old ladies in particular!

I have found quite a few WGs and masseuses who used to be nurses. I believe that you are correct in thinking that they share many of the same qualities.

But do you think the converse is true - that nursing is pretty good training to be a sex worker?

I see that today at the Royal College of Nursing's annual congress their general secretary said that of the 5,000 NHS posts earmarked for closure, 2,000 of them would be nurses.

I'm sure there's more...

Of course, sex workers aren't available on the NHS, but the UK would be a much happier place if they were :(

Having done previous Auxillary nursing/care work in hospitals and nursing homes, the most ghastly task I ever had to do was lay out dead bodies.

Soooo yes, could be some similarity in that :D:mad::P:D;)

Having done previous Auxillary nursing/care work in hospitals and nursing homes, the most ghastly task I ever had to do was lay out dead bodies.

Soooo yes, could be some similarity in that :D:(:P:D;)

Handling stiffs! :mad:

Handling stiffs! :)

Exactly T xx :mad::o was going to put something then in my post :D but thought ah! better not :( xxx

Exactly T xx :mad::o was going to put something then in my post :D but thought ah! better not :( xxx

Oh Natasha, every time I look at your website I get a little rigor mortis :) xxx xx x

Oh Natasha, every time I look at your website I get rigor mortis :( xxx xx x

Haha! yes, I do too :mad::P there is a terrible picture on there that looks like i've had the fright of my life and having a bad hair day lol :D:p:p xxx

Haha! yes, I do too :mad::P there is a terrible picture on there that looks like i've had the fright of my life and having a bad hair day lol :(:P:p xxx

Yes, you had the exact same look when you opened the door to me :D xxx

Yes, you had the exact same look when you opened the door to me xxx

Mr T! what a shocka :P:p I love little T bag :):):D;) xxx

Soooo yes, could be some similarity in that :P:);)

That made me laugh. :);):D

Not if the waiting list's the same!

thank heavens for the private sector as no waiting lists

But do you think the converse is true - that nursing is pretty good training to be a sex worker?

I see that today at the Royal College of Nursing's annual congress their general secretary said that of the 5,000 NHS posts earmarked for closure, 2,000 of them would be nurses.

I have known two wgs who were trained psychiatric nurses. Now THAT must be the ideal training!

That made me laugh. :rolleyes:;):D

Lol honi :mad::D xxx