WykeTyke

A rash of trolls

23 posts in this topic

Recently I've noticed we seem to be attracting quite a lot of new probationary posters with many quickly getting themselves banned in what appears to be deliberate trolling. I think I've noticed what appears to be a common pattern amongst some of these.

A poster makes a post asking a common enough question, a member(s) makes a recommendation of a girl on the other site, said girl on the other site responds indignantly concerning some aspect of the recommendation that is usually paraphrasing her own words, pictures or profile on that other site. Quite often at least some or all of these posters will be probationers.

Just recently we've had girl complaining her tattoos where mentioned when a questioner was looking for a girl with tattoos. In another case where her profiles says she does BB for a poster looking for BB. Others for MILF, A-Levels, etc. Those are all from memory, I know I could find more if I looked.

'She' seeming signs up and berates the question poster and responders alike and often taking a side swipe at other working girls. It's clear that many others have also chalked them up as trolls, with pop corn posts, but has anybody else noticed the pattern?

I have doubts that many of these posters are the 'girls' they claim to be, but are in reality a troll (or small group of trolls) masquerading and caution against assuming they are the girls without some form of verification. Perhaps the moderators should require some form of verification when claiming a known of easily findable identity.

A rash of trolls sounds nasty! Can I get a cream for it? :D

(With no apologies for that particularly trollish comment.)

I did have to spend some time thinking what the most appropriate collective noun was for a group of trolls. I rejected a troop and an attention, quite liked a provocation, and nearly went with embarrassment; before I settled on a rash. It's two meanings neatly summing up trolls up in my mind.

1. An area of raw, irritated and inflamed skin.

2. A surge in problems; a spate or trend.

I did have to spend some time thinking what the most appropriate collective noun was for a group of trolls. I rejected a troop and an attention, quite liked a provocation, and nearly went with embarrassment; before I settled on a rash.

Isn't the collective name for a group of trolls "A forum of trolls?" :D

A bridge of trolls

But the final Billy Goat was not afraid of trolls; he just pushed it off the Bridge.

there's a leson somewhere there

Isn't the collective name for a group of trolls "A forum of trolls?" :D

How about a mischief of trolls? Or maybe a storytelling of trolls? A pissoir of trolls? A.... (cont. p94)

Recently I've noticed we seem to be attracting quite a lot of new probationary posters with many quickly getting themselves banned in what appears to be deliberate trolling. I think I've noticed what appears to be a common pattern amongst some of these.

A poster makes a post asking a common enough question, a member(s) makes a recommendation of a girl on the other site, said girl on the other site responds indignantly concerning some aspect of the recommendation that is usually paraphrasing her own words, pictures or profile on that other site. Quite often at least some or all of these posters will be probationers.

Just recently we've had girl complaining her tattoos where mentioned when a questioner was looking for a girl with tattoos. In another case where her profiles says she does BB for a poster looking for BB. Others for MILF, A-Levels, etc. Those are all from memory, I know I could find more if I looked.

'She' seeming signs up and berates the question poster and responders alike and often taking a side swipe at other working girls. It's clear that many others have also chalked them up as trolls, with pop corn posts, but has anybody else noticed the pattern?

I have doubts that many of these posters are the 'girls' they claim to be, but are in reality a troll (or small group of trolls) masquerading and caution against assuming they are the girls without some form of verification. Perhaps the moderators should require some form of verification when claiming a known of easily findable identity.

Are you saying they come on the boards just to try to cause arguments and if so, why, for what purpose?

What i have seen are posts from a small number of posters that ring a bell, their spelling mistakes are the same as those from a past poster as are their posting styles IMO.

The thing i really dislike are touts pretending to be punters in an attempt to gain business by this underhand method. A very small number are quite smart, the rest being not very bright, but the thing is they have to tout or there is no point. One recently was all polite, civil and helpful, till they couldnt resist telling what i know to be a factual lie which many other posters noticed and replied to as well. Instead of coming on and making it clear they own/work for an establishment, like DivineMK they would rather be dishonest and try to deceive punters. I hold these posters in the utmost contempt.:D

Perhaps they are trying to turn this into a trolldom. I think it is more likely to be new members making comments and ladies being told about them, so then they sign up so that they can refute any complaints against them.

I did have to spend some time thinking what the most appropriate collective noun was for a group of trolls.

And you got it absolutely right.

I did have to spend some time thinking what the most appropriate collective noun was for a group of trolls. I rejected a troop and an attention, quite liked a provocation, and nearly went with embarrassment; before I settled on a rash. It's two meanings neatly summing up trolls up in my mind.

1. An area of raw, irritated and inflamed skin.

2. A surge in problems; a spate or trend.

In the same vein as a collection of larks in known as an exaltation, perhaps an exhortation (can be read in more than one way) of trolls might be appropriate.

Trolls! Boy that is a blast from the past. I have not heard that phrase in years.

There are some trolls who aren't probationary members but re-appear from time to time, sometimes after lengthy absences, to cause mischief. :D

I rejected a troop and an attention, quite liked a provocation, and nearly went with embarrassment; before I settled on a rash.

But did you know it works in Japanese, too? Their equivalent of (Internet) troll is arashi.

Are you saying they come on the boards just to try to cause arguments and if so, why, for what purpose?

Yes, that is what trolls do. Why they do it is a very good question. MHO is they have some type of attention fixation where even negative attention is better than being ignored.

The thing i really dislike are touts pretending to be punters in an attempt to gain business by this underhand method.

Trolls are not the same thing as touts. Trolls will likely have absolutely no connection or involvement in this hobby/business. Their habitat is the internet, they will haunt a forum because accessible and they get a reaction. If they don't get a reaction they will move on.

I think it is more likely to be new members making comments and ladies being told about them, so then they sign up so that they can refute any complaints against them.

Except the examples I've mentioned they were being recommended, but appear and post in such a way to create a distinctively negative impression. If it was the odd confusion I would agree, but there has been a recurring pattern of this behaviour recently.

There are some trolls who aren't probationary members but re-appear from time to time, sometimes after lengthy absences, to cause mischief. :(

Why though? Have people not got anything better to do with their lives! :D

Evidently not.

Although in one particular case he thinks he's being witty.:(

Yes, that is what trolls do. Why they do it is a very good question. MHO is they have some type of attention fixation where even negative attention is better than being ignored.

Trolls are not the same thing as touts. Trolls will likely have absolutely no connection or involvement in this hobby/business. Their habitat is the internet, they will haunt a forum because accessible and they get a reaction. If they don't get a reaction they will move on.

I am fully aware of trolls but was interested in what you thought these ones were up to, and thanks for explaining.:D

I posted about touts pretending to be punters because to me they are undermining this forum every time they post, and taking real punters for mugs IMO. The Mods do pre-mod and ban the more blatant of these trolls, but i imagine they get frustrated when however many return under a new name, i know i would.

These are the sort of characters you're dealing with, Pia

Most confusing, at least if one hasn't logged on for a few days. For instance I noticed that "KC69" had posted a reply quoting one of my posts, whilst contemplating whether I would reply to it I noticed he/she was banned having achieved the of total of 8 posts! I suppose it was post no.9 that sealed his/her fate, but I wasn't around to see it.

My goodness. He looks just like a punter to me.

Jack

LOL!!!!!! I can't type have tears in my eyes, think I have seen someone like that :D