Guest Interested

Murders of prostitutes

24 posts in this topic

Murders of prostitutes have been in the news again this week. Why do these men do it? Are they religious freaks? Is it a power thing? Or are they just maniacs?

Murders of prostitutes have been in the news again this week. Why do these men do it? Are they religious freaks? Is it a power thing? Or are they just maniacs?

This sounds like the introduction to an episode of Kilroy.

Watch this space, Trisha is bound to be on it really soon :)

I thought the "are they just maniacs" was a good ending. As if to say "oh, he's just a maniac. Don't mind him."

To answer the original question - who knows what drives a human being to do unspeakable things to another human?

Personally, I suspect the reason they attack prostitutes is a. because they have some serious psycho-sexual problems, and b. Their victims are people at the edges of society, who are seen as weak and easy.

The same reason some people think it's funny to beat up the homeless. Or herd members of ethnic minorities into concentration camps and systematically slaughter them. Having never met a serial killer, I have no understanding of how their mind works.

I can't say I particularly want to either - the minds of the "normal" human beings I meet are dark enough for me, without needing to worry about the aberrations.

I seem to recall reading something in the last year or so about SGs being paintballed by louts driving past in cars. Obviously they think it's funny to abuse someone merely doing a job. Or is it because it's easy to pick on someone who can't fight back?Classic sign of a bully that one.

:)

I don't think you can put them all in one box 'Interested'.

Some of them may have had what they perceived to be bad experiences with WG's, they maybe jealous boyfriends, they may target girls on their own in the street (due to the nature of a WG's business this would put her at risk to that individual).

I dealt with three attacks on WG's in Luton during my previous career, all the offenders were paying clients who had turned on the girl mainly through guilt and disgust at their own actions. Obviously they were not rational people hence the fact they did what they did.

The one murder of a WG that I had some dealings with was a girl who's body was dumped in the canal at Leighton Buzzard. The accused who was her pimp walked away at court due to insufficient evidence, he went no comment so the motive never really came out.

A lot of offenders tend to be obsessive about a girl, the area or just WG's in particular.

This is nothing to do with prostitutes but everything to do with murderers.

Serial killers are different to "one-off" murderers and they are different to others who kill indiscriminately but with a theme (Such as gang killers).

Some serial killers choose children, some prostitutes, some gays. It needs a psychiatrist to tell us why and how would they really know?

The reason its in the news this week is because of the programme all this week, Five Daughters.

It's my belief that serial killers in the main are driven to their actions by sexual gratification. In the case of serial prostitute killings it's most likely that the killer just happens to find it easier to pick his prey by the very nature of their job, not necessarily any one motive directly associated with them being prostitutes.

Did you watch the mini series 5 daughters that finished last night on BBC1 it was about a guy that murdered 5 prostitutes, it was really well put together. Sad though

Hugs Casey xx

Serial killers are different to "one-off" murderers and they are different to others who kill indiscriminately but with a theme (Such as gang killers).

Some serial killers choose children, some prostitutes, some gays. It needs a psychiatrist to tell us why and how would they really know?

The reason its in the news this week is because of the programme all this week, Five Daughters.

Good response Ghenghis. Some killers are motivated by different issues, some because targets are easy or vunerable, some are sexual killers, some are child motivated. I am sure I read a statistic somewhere that said that most murders are commited by someone the victim knew.

Good response Ghenghis. Some killers are motivated by different issues, some because targets are easy or vunerable, some are sexual killers, some are child motivated. I am sure I read a statistic somewhere that said that most murders are commited by someone the victim knew.

This is indeed true. 'Stranger' murders and rapes are still very rare but when they do happen they make the news, the others don't. It is also worth noting that if you do not have a suspect within 48 hours of finding the body that the chances of ever having a successful conviction at court fall drastically.

Based on the evidence of the last few years the most likely victim of murder is evidently a male under 12 months old, (I got that from the profiler who I spoke to about Steve Wright).

If its premeditated murder the killer is evil in my view, if its not premeditated, as a result of a domestic where the lady is convicted of murder for example, they arent evil.

The Yorkshire Ripper as the prime example of a murderer who always had

murder on his mind and went out to premeditate it is pure evil in my view. He did it for sexual gratification, the feeling of power and control it gave him and because he enjoyed maiming and killing. His cobbled together excuse was hearing the voice of god giving him a mission to kill prostitutes, utter rubbish and one of his early attacks proves this as the poor girl was a schoolgirl and certainly not a prostitute, thankfully she survived, and other murders also prove this. He mainly killed prostitutes for the obvious reason, they were easy targets. The utter disgrace at the time was some thought the killing of prostitutes was not as bad as killing other women, it took Jayne McDonalds murder, who was a non prostitute for that attitude to change.

The very most evil people are torture murderers who prolong their victims suffering IMO, and those like Hitler and Stalin among others who reap organised mass murder and genocide.

Hear, hear.

Street girls, like the homeless, are seen as disposable members of society, easily found and probably not missed. Their chaotic lifestyle explains their disappearance from the scene, and people who do care about them probably didn't know where they were living or what they were doing to get a living.

Based on the evidence of the last few years the most likely victim of murder is evidently a male under 12 months old, (I got that from the profiler who I spoke to about Steve Wright).

A few years ago there was a study of so called cot deaths which proved the vast majority of unexplained infant sleep apnea (breathing stopping) was caused by suffocation.

Also I've read several news reports that Steve Wright is implicated in several other murders.

A few years ago there was a study of so called cot deaths which proved the vast majority of unexplained infant sleep apnea (breathing stopping) was caused by suffocation...

Can you link to that? :D

I originally read about it in new scientist but Google has turned up this similar study.

MSBP = Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy

CVS = Covert Video Surveillance.

A diagnosis of MSBP was made in 23 of 41 patients monitored. CVS was required to make the diagnosis in 13 (56.1%) of these 23, and supportive of the diagnosis in 5 (21.7%) cases. In 4 patients, this surveillance was instrumental in establishing innocence of the parents.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/105/6/1305

That's about parents suspected of Munchausen's By Proxy, where they deliberately injure their child/ren to get attention for themselves. It's not really the same as saying that most SIDS/cot death cases are smotherings.

That's about parents suspected of Munchausen's By Proxy, where they deliberately injure their child/ren to get attention for themselves. It's not really the same as saying that most SIDS/cot death cases are smotherings.

and not a lot to do with Murders of Prostitutes either.:D

Why are the murderers of prostitutes always male? After all, in general society there are plenty of women murderers, but women do not tend to murder prostitutes.

Hmmmmm. Looking at the stats in the guardian article most victims were male and most of the murderers of females were known to them. So the random murder of a woman by a stranger is pretty rare.

Maybe it would be better to see the mortality stats for prostitutes and see if thnigs like drugs, alcohol STD are higher killer. Personally I would prefer every prostitute to die of extreme old age in a solid gold house!

Why are the murderers of prostitutes always male? After all, in general society there are plenty of women murderers, but women do not tend to murder prostitutes.

If a woman murdered a prostitute the chances are it would not occur in a client/potential client + victim situation. When prostitutes are murdered it would normally occur whils the victim was in her role as WG.

If she was at home and had a argument with her female neighbour about noise and was killed then the fact she was a WG would probably only get reported after a conviction as it had no bearing on the motive to her murder.

What I am trying to say Interested is that it would be very rare for a woman to murder a WG because she was a WG.