smoothballs

World Famous Babes in Bury Raided

28 posts in this topic

It is happening all over so not surprised really

babes in bury was raided wednesday by the police. looks like its to do with the owner rather being a brothel.

Wishfull thinking, perhaps.

Thank you for the reference. It is interesting that the journalist knew the full name of the facility. One guesses that the police, and the press, had been under the erroneous impression that this was a legitimate therapeutic massage business, and that it was only when informed by the horrified mosque committee of the true level of depravity involved that they felt obliged to act?

It sounds like a politically motivated raid to me, a desperate Labour party pandering to the Muslim vote.

the wonderlounge is not far away and la maison is even closer. both are within about 400 yards. arabesque isn't very far away as well .

the labour candidate for bury north-maryam khan is a member of "end prostitution now" a facebook group run by glasgow council that wants to criminalise all prostitution, if she gets elected, no doubt she'll put pressure for more of these raids

It said In the paper the Police had previously raid the WFB branch In Salford too, sounds like the GMP are Indeed after the owner, rather than a total U-turn.

the labour candidate for bury north-maryam khan is a member of "end prostitution now" a facebook group run by glasgow council that wants to criminalise all prostitution, if she gets elected, no doubt she'll put pressure for more of these raids

big IF i think now.......

Wow -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggCJrVIoDfY

I wouldn't mind putting my mark in her box.

As you would expect there's more information on the LBB forum.

Danielle posted:

"Poor me, Jess and Chanelle

What happend...

They came in at 1.20ish and there was about 8 of them. They let us get dressed and stuff and took the 3 girls and the receptionist to Bury. Was locked in a cell for about 7 hours... then took for interview. They've kept my phone so dont have a phone. The same happend with Swinton apparently! It was gross. It stunk and they just wanted to know about him (the boss) i know nothing about him. Had to wait for a solicitor and everything. Some coppers were nice. One was horrible. Never cried so much in my life. Ive never been in trouble! Ever xxxxxxxxxxx"

As for the paper's comments that they were taken to Bury police station for questioning, along with a male customer who was helping police with their inquiries, Danielle said:

"Thats bull shit, they chat shit... there was no male cutomer he got told to go and wasnt taken to police station... read my post on General Chat"

I know I'm just a wee bitty thick, but could some kind person explain to me just what sodding business it is of a bint from Bury to get involved with Glasgow Community and Safety Services Ltd?

what an absolute nightmare it was i've never been so humilliated in my entire life :-(

what an absolute nightmare it was i've never been so humilliated in my entire life :-(

Hi Chanelle, I just want to say how awful it must have been for you and the other ladies involved.

I don't know any of you and have never punted in Bury but just wanted to say how sorry I was to here of your ordeal.

If the police needed to speak to you about the owner fine, but to hold you for seven hours in a police cell with at least one of you ladies crying, terrible.

Just think if an establishment owner had locked you in and treated you like this! It would have contravened the laws, and the legislation (new and old) that was supposed to be about protecting the ladies! (Allegedly).

I hope all three of you are feeling a bit better now.

P.S. I wish it was under better circumstances but welcome to punternet.

Sounds horrible, especially as you were not breaking the law as it is not illegal to be a prostitute in a parlour! Did they charge you with anything? Controlling for gain? If they put you through that for no reason I would have thought you would have grounds for a complaint against the police!

Sorry you had to go through this Chanelle. Did they tell you for what reasons they were holding you. You should def make a complaint about the shoddy treatment xx

What grounds did they use to arrest you?

What grounds did they use to arrest you?

The reason I ask is because it is not illegal to be a working girl in a brothel.

The police have got to have reasonable grounds to believe that you have committed an arrestable offence. It therefore sounds like you've been subject to wrongful arrest and false imprisonment.

Chanelle sorry to hear about the treatment by the Police.

I take It they arrested all four ladies on the grounds that one of them was controlling prostitution, I thought usually they focus on the maids or owners, the only reason they would of locked them up for 7 hours was to frighten the poor ladies Into spilling the beans on the owner. Great waste of tax payers money. :D:cool:

I take It they arrested all four ladies on the grounds that one of them was controlling prostitution, I thought usually they focus on the maids or owners, the only reason they would of locked them up for 7 hours was to frighten the poor ladies Into spilling the beans on the owner. Great waste of tax payers money. :mad::cool:

Yes thats what it sounds like to me :D

Quite ... same thing happened to me and two other girls at Midlands Covergirls in Coventry back in Feb. They raided and we were all arrested, not for working in a brothel but assisting with the management of running one. Me and two others spent 5 hours locked up in a police cell. The reason being they couldnt get hold of the owner. (she was quick enough to answer her phone to us when we were released). We were then put on police bail until they could speak to her, she finally handed herself in 7 days later and after her solicitor trying to bamboozle us as to what we had said in our statements before surrendering her!! at no time was the owner concerned about us, we could have stayed there the whole week as far as she was concerned. One of the girls was clearly upset the whole time and I have to admit the police treated us fairly and respectfully considering what we had been arrested for. at no time, despite what Midland Covergirls has written on here, did the police manhandle us or handcuff us. thankfully the girls at the premises have now been taken off bail recently.

chanelle I sympathise it is a horrible situation to find yourself in, I only hope the owners came to the station and helped you through it.

Linzi X

I take It they arrested all four ladies on the grounds that one of them was controlling prostitution, I thought usually they focus on the maids or owners, the only reason they would of locked them up for 7 hours was to frighten the poor ladies Into spilling the beans on the owner. Great waste of tax payers money.

Dishonest, I'd say, and probably unlawful, but if it had worked, then no waste of TPs money! Banging a lady up for seven hours argues a degree of incompetance, but, hey, isn't the magic number when a decision has to be made about continued arrest or release, the eight hour point? Sounds not unlike the Home Office and police's insistence on 42 days for terrorist suspects, which, actually is not investigative detention (while we scan the hard drive) but simply short term internement.

When I was banged up (breath analysis machine broke down after first test) while they found a doctor to bleed me, my cell in the Met's Plumstead nick was spotlessly clean and pleasantly warm, with masking tape artistically placed on the CCTV camera's dome, so I could sit on the en-suite loo, unobserved! I'll try very hard to avoid Bury.

Malicious Prosecution won't run, because they weren't charged - the hurdle for false imprisonment is fairly high. I wouldn't be optimistic there. I'd be happier with a Police Complaint.

Dishonest, I'd say, and probably unlawful, but if it had worked, then no waste of TPs money! Banging a lady up for seven hours argues a degree of incompetance, but, hey, isn't the magic number when a decision has to be made about continued arrest or release, the eight hour point? Sounds not unlike the Home Office and police's insistence on 42 days for terrorist suspects, which, actually is not investigative detention (while we scan the hard drive) but simply short term internement.

When I was banged up (breath analysis machine broke down after first test) while they found a doctor to bleed me, my cell in the Met's Plumstead nick was spotlessly clean and pleasantly warm, with masking tape artistically placed on the CCTV camera's dome, so I could sit on the en-suite loo, unobserved! I'll try very hard to avoid Bury.

Malicious Prosecution won't run, because they weren't charged - the hurdle for false imprisonment is fairly high. I wouldn't be optimistic there. I'd be happier with a Police Complaint.

Unfortunately it seems to be fairly common practice to arrest all of the girls working at the time 'on suspicion of managing or keeping a brothel' (to quote the Bolton News) in the course of a raid.

A horrible experience no doubt and not one I'd wish on anyone, and I can't help thinking that it's intentional on the part of the police for reasons known only to them.

B