Kayak

Field report 97482 - Controversial!

90 posts in this topic

Just read field report 97482, that's a bit of a shock, I daresay. Considering the poster hasn't posted any others, I wonder if it's true...:eek:

Just read field report 97482, that's a bit of a shock, I daresay. Considering the poster hasn't posted any others, I wonder if it's true...:eek:

It's the guys view... doesn't matter if he has only one review or not.

LMAO

'I may have got her on an off day'

An understatement if ever there was one!!

It'll be interesting to read May's rebuttal or, perhaps, she'll do an entry in her blog about it.

Using men to get free meals and then falling asleep and snoring on top of him does seem very unprofessional though.

It made me laugh - is this a true GFE? :eek:

There are always 2 sides to every story, I just hope Mays side is as interesting as the punters!

It's the guys view... doesn't matter if he has only one review or not.

Quite so - I went through another lady's (of justifiably high repute) thirty FRs the other day, and several were the reporter's only contribution.

Even so, what he describes simply doesn't correspond to reality where May's flat and May are concerned. This guy has an axe to grind, and, my, doesn't he grind it!

Probably May disagreed with something he said, or, just perhaps, he was bright enough to realise that she is several levels brighter than him, and that piqued him?

Wash, dress & leaves, is that better or worse than eats shoots and leaves.

Oh for those, who can't be bothered to search for it...

http://www.punternet.com/frs/fr_view.php?recnum=97482

Thanks Tammy. Sounds to me as if she caught him on a bad day. The whole tone suggests to me that he went in like some camera-wielding tourist in Spain hoping his hotel would be a building site, and everything that follows from that start is pretty inevitable.

I have never met May but I've always found her website photos, and what I can tell of her personality, very attractive, and this single FR certainly won't lead me to scratch her off my 'one day' list. However, she's a regular poster on here and I'm sure she's more than capable of speaking in her own defence!

'I managed to get out from under her, wash and dress, and leave', he's just lucky she's not a BBW. To be honest she comes across as a bit mental, plus insisting on being fed first?

FFS, yes may can defend herself and very eloquently but i have to say i really cannot see the point of starting a thread just to point out that a lady had a bad report. Talk about rubbing someones nose in it, nothing better to talk about today i guess. Pointless and ridiculous, guys who are in that area are capable of finding the fr themselves.

Quite so - I went through another lady's (of justifiably high repute) thirty FRs the other day, and several were the reporter's only contribution.

Even so, what he describes simply doesn't correspond to reality where May's flat and May are concerned. This guy has an axe to grind, and, my, doesn't he grind it!

Probably May disagreed with something he said, or, just perhaps, he was bright enough to realise that she is several levels brighter than him, and that piqued him?

Not for me to say, as I have never punted with May, I have had several clients who have seen her, talk about thier experience but I am not likely to kiss and tell, though the boys might.

So as they say my lips are sealed, all I said what just because it's his first report doesn't make it invalid, not only that, but you don't have experience of what said guy experienced with his punt, that is between him and May, perhaphs he didn't have a 'axe to grind' and stated what he thought and felt with regards to the experience.

That is the trouble with this board...

If a female poster gets a bad review all of the board know about it and you end up with a split of...

She is a bad SP

She is a out-standing SP

and you get the fence sitters... who don't give a hoot.

Didn't a Poster just reacently state that he had a really bad time, and everyone was baying for said SP to be reveiled, and he stated that she used the board and didn't want to get slated, now the reverse is happening...

Catch 22 can't post a negitive FR and can't state she was or it will be disputed on here and obviously the guy had an issue :D

No wonder people are confused in this place...

i really cannot see the point of starting a thread just to point out that a lady had a bad report

The point Chloe, is that it's interesting, very interesting actually, and, as has been borne out by the reactions here so far, controversial too, just as I imagined it would be.

Don't misunderstand me though, I have no agenda here, and as you say May is by all accounts (I've never met her) extremely well equipped to defend herself. What's more, if this should be a false report, then this should lead to rapid action to have it removed. Like everyone else here, I really don't want there to be any false field reports.

Edited by Kayak
Tidy up post, remove rogue "quote marks".

Not for me to say, as I have never punted with May, I have had several clients who have seen her, talk about thier experience but I am not likely to kiss and tell, though the boys might.

So as they say my lips are sealed, all I said what just because it's his first report doesn't make it invalid, not only that, but you don't have experience of what said guy experienced with his punt, that is between him and May, perhaphs he didn't have a 'axe to grind' and stated what he thought and felt with regards to the experience.

If a female poster gets a bad review all of the board know about it and you end up with a split of...

She is a bad SP

She is a out-standing SP

Didn't a Poster just reacently state that he had a really bad time, and everyone was baying for said SP to be reveiled, and he stated that she used the board and didn't want to get slated, now the reverse is happening...

Catch 22 can't post a negitive FR and can't state she was or it will be disputed on here and obviously the guy had an issue :D

All fair points Tammy, and I completely agree someone's review isn't invalidated becausae it's his first, but Chloe's point is equally valid: the FRs are there in the FR section for those who want to read them, some are good, some are bad, some are accurate, some inaccurate, so why highlight a particular one on here simply because (accurate in detail or not) it appears to be written in terms particularly calculated to offend the SP concerned? (I appreciate of course that it was not you who posted the thread Tammy.)

FFS, yes may can defend herself and very eloquently but i have to say i really cannot see the point of starting a thread just to point out that a lady had a bad report. Talk about rubbing someones nose in it, nothing better to talk about today i guess. Pointless and ridiculous, guys who are in that area are capable of finding the fr themselves.

Good point from Chloe there...

However, in the light of a recent (still raging?) debate about how to deal with a 'bad' punt/"how bad does a punt have to be before you do a negative FR?" etc etc... this case could be a useful exhibit for discussion... May the discussion continue?:D

Come on Clientnumber9, what's your take on this?

:eek:ooops!!! I'm supposed to be on holiday from Punternet:eek:

Good point from Chloe there...

However, in the light of a recent (still raging?) debate about how to deal with a 'bad' punt/"how bad does a punt have to be before you do a negative FR?" etc etc... this case could be a useful exhibit for discussion... May the discussion continue?:(

Come on Clientnumber9, what's your take on this?

:eek:ooops!!! I'm supposed to be on holiday from Punternet:eek:

Oh gawd, did you have to? :(:D

All fair points Tammy, and I completely agree someone's review isn't invalidated becausae it's his first, but Chloe's point is equally valid: the FRs are there in the FR section for those who want to read them, some are good, some are bad, some are accurate, some inaccurate, so why highlight a particular one on here simply because (accurate in detail or not) it appears to be written in terms particularly calculated to offend the SP concerned? (I appreciate of course that it was not you who posted the thread Tammy.)

The answer my dear Watson is simple...

Because the SP is someone who post here, and thus can be questioned or called in to bear witness, thus maketh what was once a simple FR now the front page of some dirty rag.

The answer my dear Watson is simple...

Because the SP is someone who post here, and thus can be questioned or called in to bear witness, thus maketh what was once a simple FR now the front page of some dirty rag.

My word Holmes, that's brilliant. Now, where did I leave my Meerschaum pipe? :D

My word Holmes, that's brilliant. Now, where did I leave my Meerschaum pipe? :D

On the coffee, table along with that delightfull hussy I shagged last night.

She is a bad SP

She is a out-standing SP

My entire point though tammy is that the report is there in black and white for everyone who may wish to punt with may to read and to make up their own minds. To start a thread on it also has no point other than to draw attention to and to poke fun at, whats the point in that. I wouldnt have liked it and im sure you wouldnt either.xx

Must agree with another poster that it appears the height of hypocrisy to urge people with awful experiences to write a FR but if the reviewed lady happens to be 'high profile' then suddenly the reviewer is dismissed as someone not as bright or with an axe to grind. I really don't know if this account of events is true or not but I find it peculiar to cast aspersions about the person who might be venting his frustration over an unsatisfactory experience. Maybe the reviewer has a different taste and perhaps he found her place less inviting. The reviewed lady is vocal enough to rebut and give her account. Some guys like opinionated ladies while others might not like someone hogging the conversation or perhaps feature as a supporting actor in someone else's biography. While it can be charming to deal with a lady with forthright opinions and little foibles, many gents simply want to have some 'me' time and get pampered and have someone make them the centre of attention and conversation. One really does not have to be bright to grasp that concept!:D

My entire point though tammy is that the report is there in black and white for everyone who may wish to punt with may to read and to make up their own minds. To start a thread on it also has no point other than to draw attention to and to poke fun at, whats the point in that. I wouldnt have liked it and im sure you wouldnt either.xx

I never said that there was, all I did was state that the FR writer was justified in writting what he thought of his experience.

I am arguing the peripheral argument, not if it should have been posted here.

I agree that perhaps it shouldn't have been posted but, it has...

Not only that it's not the first thread of it's kind which has ben posted here.

Only difference is The SP in this FR is also a member of the Forum/chatroom, and is more well known than some of the others.

I never said that there was, all I did was state that the FR writer was justified in writting what he thought of his experience.

I am arguing the peripheral argument, not if it should have been posted here.

I agree that perhaps it shouldn't have been posted but, it has...

Not only that it's not the first thread of it's kind which has ben posted here.

Only difference is The SP in this FR is also a member of the Forum/chatroom, and is more well known than some of the others.

I think that is really the nub of my concern about this. I hope that any FR I posted, positive or negative, would be an honest one; but if it was negative I wouldn't particularly want some third party reproducing it in this forum for everyone and his dog to express their opinions on the lady concerned, or indeed on me. FRs are posted in the appropriate place to advise other potential punters, not as an excuse for a cheap giggle at the expense of one party or another.

I've met May on more than one occasion. Responsive, interesting, a challenge at times, but if not, she wouldn't be as fun. I've been to her flat and it is "May like". I've dinned with her and always find it a great time. I've seen the pictures and know that they're real and not photoshopped. I simply don't think the reporter's evaluation is fair or correct.

To me, she's the ultimate GFE. Possibly a bad day or possibly not the best of clients. Consider this one FR in light of many other favorable ones.

She needs no defenders. She is May.