Guest Interested

Police asking to meet parlour owners

74 posts in this topic

It was recently revealed on here that a local police force asked to meet a parlour owner to give some advice. I wonder what was said at that meeting. Two weeks later, that particular parlour owner announced that they were were pulling out of the business. Are such meetings happening all over the country?

It was recently revealed on here that a local police force asked to meet a parlour owner to give some advice. I wonder what was said at that meeting. Two weeks later, that particular parlour owner announced that they were were pulling out of the business. Are such meetings happening all over the country?

I have no idea.

A good question precisely what this board should be about...well, where are the answers?

Jack

Actually my sister, as anyone that knows her will tell you, has been planning her retirement for two months.

This was nothing to do with the Police it was purely as stated that having worked hard and played hard as a couple in the industry it was time for them as a couple to move on to something different.

They have put a lot of time and effort into dividing the company to ensure that we all still had jobs and so that MK didn't have to put up with a load of shoddy agencies opening, this does not take two weeks Interested as you imply as they are still operating Ego and South Kensington, surely anyone can see the logic, you get a good job offer, you have made a few quid, you haven't been arrested so off you go and explore the world. Nothing sinister, sorry, but something a lot of receptionists in MK are very grateful for and I would assume punters.

Personally i dont think the owners of HOD really give a rats arse wether you are "interested" in what was said or not. Im sure as at this very moment they are sunning themselves on one of the most exotic beaches on the planet they are filled with an awful sense of doom and loss that they are not here to answer your question. Im sure the fact that they are no longer answerable to your honourable self is filling them with a remorse of catostrophic proportions. Im sure they will miss the gentle teasing and playful banter you delicatley applied to them over your time on here.x

Personally i dont think the owners of HOD really give a rats arse wether you are "interested" in what was said or not. Im sure as at this very moment they are sunning themselves on one of the most exotic beaches on the planet they are filled with an awful sense of doom and loss that they are not here to answer your question. Im sure the fact that they are no longer answerable to your honourable self is filling them with a remorse of catostrophic proportions. Im sure they will miss the gentle teasing and playful banter you delicatley applied to them over your time on here.x

Could not have said it better !!!!

Aren't all the UK's "Massage Parlours" only in business because the local plod let them operate? If this is the case, then Police input has always been there!

Aren't all the UK's "Massage Parlours" only in business because the local plod let them operate? If this is the case, then Police input has always been there!

Indeed they are and the OP is well aware of this from his previous posts particularly about the no tolerance zone that is or was Stevenage as regards brothels.

The question for me here is would anyone trust the verbal word of the police if they were to visit a brothel and say to the brothel owner, no problem we will tolerate you. As its against the law they could launch a raid at anytime they wished, in my view thats more likely under the new laws. I certainly wouldnt take plods word, it guarantees sweet FA. Tolerance could change overnight.

I certainly wouldnt take plods word, it guarantees sweet FA. Tolerance could change overnight.

I think that SashaB discovered that you can take the word of a plod of or over a certain rank. I don't think she revealed what that rank is?

The question for me here is would anyone trust the verbal word of the police if they were to visit a brothel and say to the brothel owner, no problem we will tolerate you. As its against the law they could launch a raid at anytime they wished, in my view thats more likely under the new laws. I certainly wouldnt take plods word, it guarantees sweet FA. Tolerance could change overnight.

There is a thing known as abuse of process, worth a read but not something that I would put an awful lot of money on, a modest each-way bet would be as far as I would go.

I think that SashaB discovered that you can take the word of a plod of or over a certain rank. I don't think she revealed what that rank is?

What one police force does or says is no guarantee that another force will do the same in my experience. If somethings illegal it may be tolerated but circumstances can change, new brooms arrive and view things differently.

There is a thing known as abuse of process, worth a read but not something that I would put an awful lot of money on, a modest each-way bet would be as far as I would go.

Cheers for the link.:D

You cant trust any of them, not as far as you could throw them and I personally would not piss on one if they were on fire. The police, lie, cheat, decieve and bully, I can't stress enough NEVER trust a copper even if your life depends on it, they will stab you in the back at the FIRST opportunity.

If a copper tells you something or makes an assurance that leads to you telling them anything ask for it in writing signed by no one of a lesser rank than inspector and even then dont expect things to end well.

For anyone that doesnt know, Im on bail having been arrested under suspision of running a brothel, held for 26 hours while my home etc were raided after I was stupid enough to dial 999 because one of the girls I represented was under attack by two armed men who were dowsing the flat with petrol while telling us they were going to hold her hostage.

I made the even more fatally flawed decision to encourage and support the girl in reporting the crime to the police and believe police when they told me they didnt care about me and that it was essential I help police with thier enquiries as the attackers were obviously very dangerous. Suffice to say they arrested me and dropped the case of agrevated buglery. Despite being told exactly who was behind the attack and being given the name and workplace of one of the attackers they didnt even bother to interview the suspect or speak with him or put him in a line up, let alone arrest him. The establishment it turns out were behind the attack are now thriving running 3 girls a day with the occasional visit from the men in blue. Make of that what you will.

From everything Im told I hold zero hope for a case of abuse of process, judges dont like to uphold these things and with the IPCC using ex coppers to investigate many of thier cases the simple fact remains the police force are the largest orgonised gang known to man, they do what they want, when they want and would sell out thier own grandmother if they thought they had hope of a conviction. Police get away with murder and we are quite frankly powerless against them. Your only hope tell them NOTHING, trust NONE of them and make the bastards work they tiny arses off if they want to get you for even so much as a speeding ticket. The lot of them are either CORRUPT or blindling following orders like sheep regardless of thier personal opinions

who knows and who cares :D

The trouble is that for every brothel/ controlling case where an Abuse of Process argument has been successful you can undoubtedly find several cases where the argument has not succeeded.

Here's an example of a successful case in Sheffield in 2007:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Legal-victory-for-brothel-owner.2193921.jp

" The owner and staff of a Sheffield brothel cannot be prosecuted because police were well aware sex was for sale and chose to do nothing about it, a top judge ruled.

Judge Simon Lawler QC found police had led sauna owners and staff to believe they would not get in trouble as long as they followed certain ground-rules.

And three years after a massive high-profile police swoop on the Omega sauna on Attercliffe Road, Sheffield, and a raid on Winston's sauna in Leeds, involving hundreds of officers, the judge ruled all charges relating to prostitution against 13 people were unfair.

Charges of living off the earnings of prostitution faced by Omega owner John Elsworth, aged, who bought the sauna for £177,000 after winning the Lottery in 2002, were thrown out by the judge.

The final bill for the police operation and following legal proceedings is believed to total more than £1 million.

During an extraordinary three week hearing at Sheffield Crown Court many of the force's most senior officers were brought into the witness box and quizzed on police attitudes to prostitution.

The Omega is just 150 yards from Attercliffe police regular station and the judge was told every officer knew sex was for sale there.

But the force turned a blind eye with officers making visits and following a policy of 'stick to the rules and we won't trouble you' as long as the premises were free of underage girls, illegal workers, drugs and drink.

Judge Lawler said: "It must, at the very least, have created in the minds of the sauna operators over several years a reasonable and legitimate expectation that their activities were at best tolerated and they would not be prosecuted, providing they abided by the rules."

Operation Rampart was launched five years ago and jointly targeted Sheffield's Omega and Leeds' Winston's in 2004.

The move was sparked by intelligence that illegal immigrants were working there - but despite the operation attracting nationwide attention no evidence was ever found to back up the allegations.

Solicitor Sandra Mullan, for nine of the 13 defendants who faced charges following the raid, said police had known the business had been operating as a brothel for many years, made regular visits and gave the clear message that if owners stuck within the rules they would avoid prosecution.

She said: "I think police forces around the country are clearly adopting a very similar approach to the police in Sheffield and they are now going to have to seriously think about how they approach the management of saunas."

After the ruling the Crown Prosecution Service confirmed it would not be in the public interest to appeal the judge's ruling. But a spokesman added the judge's decision did not establish any precedent for future cases"

I was interested to read that the guy bought the brothel in 2002 after winning the Lottery. I would have thought that most guys would prefer to spend their winnings in the brothel rather than actually buying it outright :D.

You cant trust any of them, not as far as you could throw them and I personally would not piss on one if they were on fire. The police, lie, cheat, decieve and bully, I can't stress enough NEVER trust a copper even if your life depends on it, they will stab you in the back at the FIRST opportunity.

If a copper tells you something or makes an assurance that leads to you telling them anything ask for it in writing signed by no one of a lesser rank than inspector and even then dont expect things to end well.

For anyone that doesnt know, Im on bail having been arrested under suspision of running a brothel, held for 26 hours while my home etc were raided after I was stupid enough to dial 999 because one of the girls I represented was under attack by two armed men who were dowsing the flat with petrol while telling us they were going to hold her hostage.

I made the even more fatally flawed decision to encourage and support the girl in reporting the crime to the police and believe police when they told me they didnt care about me and that it was essential I help police with thier enquiries as the attackers were obviously very dangerous. Suffice to say they arrested me and dropped the case of agrevated buglery. Despite being told exactly who was behind the attack and being given the name and workplace of one of the attackers they didnt even bother to interview the suspect or speak with him or put him in a line up, let alone arrest him. The establishment it turns out were behind the attack are now thriving running 3 girls a day with the occasional visit from the men in blue. Make of that what you will.

From everything Im told I hold zero hope for a case of abuse of process, judges dont like to uphold these things and with the IPCC using ex coppers to investigate many of thier cases the simple fact remains the police force are the largest orgonised gang known to man, they do what they want, when they want and would sell out thier own grandmother if they thought they had hope of a conviction. Police get away with murder and we are quite frankly powerless against them. Your only hope tell them NOTHING, trust NONE of them and make the bastards work they tiny arses off if they want to get you for even so much as a speeding ticket. The lot of them are either CORRUPT or blindling following orders like sheep regardless of thier personal opinions

That's terrible! :D

I adore you, Chloe!

(your secret admirer, T7)

That's terrible! :D

Tell me about it. To this day I have trouble getting my head around it.

The DCI heading my case told my solicitor he wished it was within his power to just bin our case, he had much better things to be doing with his time and also acknowledged that far from detering crime thier actions were doing nothing to protect the safety of the girls and agreed that having gotten away with thier crime there was a good chance the attackers would strike again.

All of that however means nothing and they continue to persue my case having restrained my bank account and effectively rendered me with no means of supporting myself or my two young children... I should also add I have yet to be charged.

Since my arrest there have been 5 burgleries on establishments in the south east area using fire arms or knifes and thats just what Im aware of. None have been reported and after the way the police treated me anyone in this industry should have thier head checking before turning to the police for any kind of help regardless of what they might tell us.

Indeed they are and the OP is well aware of this from his previous posts particularly about the no tolerance zone that is or was Stevenage as regards brothels.

Well said. The climate in any area could change overnight, especially if Plod want to get their crime figures up. NO Massage Parlour is a safe bet for either the ladies or the punter, just what Barmy Harman intended!! What a cynical and cruel world we live in where sexual pleasures are concerned in Police State UK 2010.

F. O. A. D.

Er, was that "Fuck off and die"?

Er, was that "Fuck off and die"?

I believe so. Although if I'm wrong about that I'll happily withdraw my seconding of the motion.

The DCI heading my case told my solicitor he wished it was within his power to just bin our case, he had much better things to be doing with his time and also acknowledged that far from detering crime thier actions were doing nothing to protect the safety of the girls and agreed that having gotten away with thier crime there was a good chance the attackers would strike again.

All of that however means nothing and they continue to persue my case having restrained my bank account and effectively rendered me with no means of supporting myself or my two young children... I should also add I have yet to be charged.

Since my arrest there have been 5 burgleries on establishments in the south east area using fire arms or knifes and thats just what Im aware of. None have been reported and after the way the police treated me anyone in this industry should have thier head checking before turning to the police for any kind of help regardless of what they might tell us.

Sounds like this other establishment has the Police in their pockets. Local mafia.................Russian mafia.................? Who knows

all this should be mentioned to the jury (if theres a trial) so juries can see for themselves how the govt are treating women & putting their safety at risk just so the govt can feel morally superior

I have managed a massage parlour in the past and in my experience and from what I heard from my peers, police have always been there when needed and only drop by for a little 'chat' when they suspect that there are illegal workers, so that they can see exactly who is working and find out a little more about them...parlours that have fully legal workers really have nothing to fear. However in my day being found out employing an illegal worker (which I would have never dreamt of doing!) could cost £10k in fines... imagine being caught employing a few of them!? Maybe a very good reason to close rather quickly?

all this should be mentioned to the jury (if theres a trial) so juries can see for themselves how the govt are treating women & putting their safety at risk just so the govt can feel morally superior

The (dreadful) handling of SashaB, and similar circumstances, could also lead to parlour owners / managers taking the law into their own hands and protecting themselves in different ways. Whilst that may seem OK at first blush, once trouble starts the police will take more of an interest and the parlour concerned will almost inevitably close.