Claire

Current Rules please?

16 posts in this topic

When I first joined Punternet I remember a chat with Galahad in the chatroom regarding Fr's, in which I was told the rule was that as a service provider you could not have one Fr deleted - it was all or nothing. So you could choose to have them all taken down, or you could leave them all up.

Has this rule now changed, and if so, what are the criteria for having an offending report removed? How does one prove it to be untrue?

When I first joined Punternet I remember a chat with Galahad in the chatroom regarding Fr's, in which I was told the rule was that as a service provider you could not have one Fr deleted - it was all or nothing. So you could choose to have them all taken down, or you could leave them all up.

Has this rule now changed, and if so, what are the criteria for having an offending report removed? How does one prove it to be untrue?

Since the message board mods have no involvement with the FR system and the rest of us know even less, I think you will only get an answer to this by approaching Galahad direct. I imagine that he uses his discretion in relation to each set of circumstances rather than having a general rule. I know he has sometimes been persuaded that a particular FR is untrue (e.g. posted by a competitor) but the general rule must be sound or only positive FRs would survive.

Since the message board mods have no involvement with the FR system and the rest of us know even less, I think you will only get an answer to this by approaching Galahad direct. I imagine that he uses his discretion in relation to each set of circumstances rather than having a general rule. I know he has sometimes been persuaded that a particular FR is untrue (e.g. posted by a competitor) but the general rule must be sound or only positive FRs would survive.

ok.

GALAHAD!!!!!

I once was threatened by a punter with a bad FR because I couldn't give him an appointment at his chosen time. I did contact G regards this and he indicated he does look out for such malicious reports.

I'm also aware of a report posted for a lady in the NE that was deleted because it was so obvious WRONG. I think G just uses his discretion and as judgement in these cases.

I once was threatened by a punter with a bad FR because I couldn't give him an appointment at his chosen time. I did contact G regards this and he indicated he does look out for such malicious reports.

I'm also aware of a report posted for a lady in the NE that was deleted because it was so obvious WRONG. I think G just uses his discretion and as judgement in these cases.

Yes I remember that one Ruth, it was a mallicious attack from a well known parlour owner with a certain reputation, when the lady in question contacted Galahad he saw straight through the situation and deleted the FR.

Yes I remember that one Ruth, it was a mallicious attack from a well known parlour owner with a certain reputation, when the lady in question contacted Galahad he saw straight through the situation and deleted the FR.

I think that it was this thread:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29090

and here's another where Galahad deleted a false FR:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522

There is an interesting case that I noticed recently: Donna of Exeter. She has about 40 FRs, all extremely positive, including my own, from the period 2000-2006. She then retired for a year or so, and on returning received a report that made very sad reading, suggesting that perhaps the glory days were over. Almost immediately she had all her reports pulled. Now I see the reports are all back up, minus the negative one, but with a brand-new report from a first-timer claiming to have seen her many times.

Here you go.

If a FR is clearly mallicious, then fair enough it should be deleted by Galahad, however if a meeting did take place and it is just the details of what happened that are in dispute, then the report should stay up, the SP has the right to make a rebuttal where she can put her own version of events, then let the reader make up their own mind.

Having given my oppinion, I don't expect it to be acted upon, after all, this is not a democracy is it; we don't make the rules, G is in charge, it's his choice.

Er, and the rules can change back & forward?

There was a thread about a negative FR on a lady dear to a good few of us, which is now "CLOSED", after, apparently, the offending FR, but not the rest of her otherwise all very favourable FRs, was deleted.

It is back up again! Oh, well!

That is an interesting question Claire. I was wondering too if there were different rules for different people? I would find it odd that any lady could get a negative review removed merely because she amassed over a certain amount of positives. It would make the whole system a little pointless and would mean even fewer people dare to point out that sometimes we can all have off days and/or perhaps should not become too complacent or believe our own hype/personality cult or simply fail to show good manners. Just because most of the time a lady might be genuinely wonderful does not automatically discredit someone who had a less pleasant time because the lady is resting on her laurels and fails to make an effort. Funny enough at times it takes one person to actually have the cojones to cut through the hype and personality cult for more people to mention well actually I too had a crappy encounter but because this WG is so high profile I did not dare to speak up. Had some interesting PMs to that effect were at least two people echoed the same account about their unsatisfactory encounter and were relieved that not everyone blindly believes the official 'party' line lol It is a timely reminder that you are only as good as your last gig and should show each new client some basic respect, courtesy and remember that they are paying for a service and not an audience.

As well as a SP's reviews being removed, a report writers could be removed too.

That is an interesting question Claire. I was wondering too if there were different rules for different people? I would find it odd that any lady could get a negative review removed merely because she amassed over a certain amount of positives. It would make the whole system a little pointless and would mean even fewer people dare to point out that sometimes we can all have off days and/or perhaps should not become too complacent or believe our own hype/personality cult or simply fail to show good manners. Just because most of the time a lady might be genuinely wonderful does not automatically discredit someone who had a less pleasant time because the lady is resting on her laurels and fails to make an effort. Funny enough at times it takes one person to actually have the cojones to cut through the hype and personality cult for more people to mention well actually I too had a crappy encounter but because this WG is so high profile I did not dare to speak up. Had some interesting PMs to that effect were at least two people echoed the same account about their unsatisfactory encounter and were relieved that not everyone blindly believes the official 'party' line lol It is a timely reminder that you are only as good as your last gig and should show each new client some basic respect, courtesy and remember that they are paying for a service and not an audience.

I think the personality cult could have a lot to answer for. While a number of posters here seem to take great delight in reading about and of a certain SPs whacky behaviour/being pissed all the time, not one of them seems to stop and think that they may be encouraging a developing problem. Typical of the attitudes of some punters sadly, as long as they are being entertained who cares eh?

ok.

GALAHAD!!!!!

Dear Claire, dear dear BristolBBW Claire, as we go back such a long way (our twin deleted posts must be over a month ago now), I do think it worth pointing out that sometimes, just sometimes, the softly softly approach might just unlock the door more readily than the flaming sledge hammer.

Have a quiet and private word with Sir G and see where that gets you, dear Claire.

I think the personality cult could have a lot to answer for. While a number of posters here seem to take great delight in reading about and of a certain SPs whacky behaviour/being pissed all the time, not one of them seems to stop and think that they may be encouraging a developing problem. Typical of the attitudes of some punters sadly, as long as they are being entertained who cares eh?

hey Whamp! - but maybe they are (stopping & thinking), but reaching the conclusion that they're not (encouraging a developing problem). Or not. :D

i thought the rule was that for an fr to be valid, money had to have changed hands, and punter & girl have met.

so if a report is for a non existant meeting, then it would be invalid and should be zapped.

how gal knows this, well dunno.