Colonel Bonkers

Photoshop

5 posts in this topic

I usually work on my laptop, but the other day I needed to print something off my datastick, so inserted it in the family's main computer.

I got a shock. As well as all my highly serious work documents, my datatick also contains some feelthy pictures. No sooner was it inserted than a programme whizzed into action: 'Adobe Photoshop Album Photo Downloader', inviting me to save all the pictures, which were immediately beamed up onto the screen.

Is there any way of semi-disabling it, so that you have to call it up if you want it, rather than having all your filth automatically displayed?

Probably can't disable temporarily (IIRC you can't in Lightroom which is the only Adobe image editor I use).

Memory sticks are pretty much two a penny. Just buy another one and keep your ahem 'dodgy' stuff on that, or use TrueCrypt to create a hidden volume on the memory stick which you use for that. Unless you mount the hidden volume on the main PC the images won't be processed by PS.

B

Try this, it shoud fix it.

Thanks, Xenia. Re other suggestion - multiplying datasticks increases chances of confusion - for me anyway.

Thanks, Xenia. Re other suggestion - multiplying datasticks increases chances of confusion - for me anyway.

True. I have a whole brace of them, from various brands. I've got 16GB and 4GB Corsair Voyagers that are so alike that I've used nail varnish on the connector to differentiate them. :D

B