Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SaSfan

This is a bit strange

20 posts in this topic

In the "Currently Active Users" list there is a member showing online with the name "EliteCourtesans", when I click on the member "EliteCourtesans" I get the following message :-

SaSfan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If I search the members list for "EliteCourtesans" there is no such member, very strange.

I can click on any other member name in the "Currently Active Users" list with no problem.

It is indeed strange. Using the advanced search function, the vBulletin autocomplete function gives us EliteCourtesans as a possible option. But, as you say, there's nothing there. I think its Harriet ... she can't sleep because of the latest poll results, and is investigating career options :D

I think its Harriet ... she can't sleep because of the latest poll results, and is investigating career options :D

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, that is a possibility, however "EliteCourtesans" only joined yesterday so she might have left it a little late.

How did you find the join date ? I couldn't see any aspect of their profile.

How did you find the join date ? I couldn't see any aspect of their profile.

The member "EliteCourtesans" has been allocated a user id of 16804 (RHMB > Properties), members with user ids of 16803 and 16806 (not sure what happened to 16805) joined on 4th May 2010, so I think it reasonable to assume that "EliteCourtesans" joined on that same date.

*doffs cap to good detective work*

I see that "EliteCourtesans" have returned and the current action is "Sending Forum Feedback", I wonder if it is a bot or maybe a spider/crawler?

Perhaps they've set their privacy options.

I've just set mine to Friends, do you want to see if you get the same result?

Not here, your profile page shows up as normal.

Perhaps they've set their privacy options.

I have no problem in viewing your profile, also you still appear in the list of members, "EliteCourtesans" does not appear in the list of members.

My apologies for walls of text without actually saying anything, and for any remarks that you might find to be bigoted in this post.

And now we have another, "LadyJ", how strange.

And now we have another, "LadyJ", how strange.

Oh that will be Diane Abbott "doing some research".

there is an agency in oxford by that name

there is an agency in oxford by that name

Hmmmmmmmmmm, well it might be them of course, just as a matter of idle curiosity I wonder why they do not appear on the Members list but do appear on the Active users list, strange.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, well it might be them of course, just as a matter of idle curiosity I wonder why they do not appear on the Members list but do appear on the Active users list, strange.

Could they be advertisers (in the SPD) who are not members?

I know what active users are but don't know how the list is accessed. ;)

Could they be advertisers (in the SPD) who are not members?

It is possible that they are, but how can a poster who is not on the Members list (not a member?!?) show up on the Active users list (list of currently logged on members)? surely they would just be in the count of guests.

I know what active users are but don't know how the list is accessed. ;)

The list of Active users (Members who are logged on (minus those who are running in "Ivisible mode of course) is shown under the list of forums, in the block at the bottom entitled "What's going on?".

The list of Active users (Members who are logged on (minus those who are running in "Ivisible mode of course) is shown under the list of forums, in the block at the bottom entitled "What's going on?".

They are currently active (logged in now) users. I thought you meant a separate list of the 3700 odd active users - those logged in during past 30 days - as a sub-set of all members. Sorry.

It is possible that they are, but how can a poster who is not on the Members list (not a member?!?) show up on the Active users list (list of currently logged on members)? surely they would just be in the count of guests.

I don't know the answer to that one, I guess you've already been through the vBulletin manual ;), so you'll have to ask G.