Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pollyp23

Smoking whilst punting: a technicality

10 posts in this topic

I guess that if you or your punters smoke in your home which is therefore your place of work, then you are breaking the law?

Also, you should have signs to that effect.

The penalties are more severe for not having a sign (£1000) than failing to stop someone smoke!

So all you WGs at home had better put some signs up, set up a smoking area outside with no more than 3 sides and stop smoking in your own home!

Brilliant!

I'm a smoker, but do support the no smoking in public places rules.

I hate being in smoky atmospheres (like the pubs used to be) and never smoke in my own home or anyone else's.

But that document issued by the council is utter bollocks. Who are they or the government to say what we can and can't do in our own homes.

They know where they can stick that and their £1000 fine.

Of course this only applies to tobacco products - if the 'smoking' takes place due to particularly vigorous sex then it won't attract a fine.

I'm a smoker, but do support the no smoking in public places rules.

I hate being in smoky atmospheres (like the pubs used to be) and never smoke in my own home or anyone else's.

But that document issued by the council is utter bollocks. Who are they or the government to say what we can and can't do in our own homes.

They know where they can stick that and their £1000 fine.

It's just the law, perhaps badly thought through though.

Fortunately, There is an exemption where artistic integrity makes it appropriate for a person to smoke.

I humbly offer my services to train any budding female thespians in the ancient art of the Smoking BJ :)

Here's a tip for punting smokers - put the fag aside before you dine at the Y! :)

Even if it is your home, if you use it as a place of work, then you must have signs up, you must stop people, even yourself from smoking and report anyone seen not complying.

That is the law. I don't agree with it, but that is what it says!

The strange thing is, not putting signs up is a far bigger fine than allowing smoking, so get those signs up!

Just an update-I find the (fresh) smell of kissing a WG who is a smoker quite a turn on.

I don't smoke, the missus doesn't smoke and it adds to the 'naughtiness' of the occasion!

With the anti smoking laws, this pleasure is, in theory, now closed!