Sexygod

How do you justify the expense?

84 posts in this topic

How do you justify the expense of punting to yourself?

I've been going through a budgeting exercise and I look what I spend on punting and it's a huge hole. Thing is I love the easy casual sex... but it's just such a waste.

Do you ever think about giving up due to the cash? Or do you save up and deny yourself other things?

Is it a waste of money? I'd say its just as essential as paying the gas bill. Just a lot more fun!

I've been going through a budgeting exercise and I look what I spend on punting and it's a huge hole. Thing is I love the easy casual sex... but it's just such a waste.

Do you ever think about giving up due to the cash? Or do you save up and deny yourself other things?

I know just what you mean. I have a regular savings account I use, and I wouldn't exactly say I deny myself things but I do sometimes think "miss these next two punts and I could get that nice new digital TV I've been looking at". I'm planning a bit of a splurge later this year then it'll be mainly a VFM local masseuse and occasional tourists to Aberdeen.

I can't think of any reason for wanting to do that.

Because life is too short.

Ironically I've done the reverse this week, was going to spend £130 on a punt but instead denied myself the punt and spent the money instead on some shoes and shirts I needed for work instead!

I know just what you mean. I have a regular savings account I use, and I wouldn't exactly say I deny myself things but I do sometimes think "miss these next two punts and I could get that nice new digital TV I've been looking at". I'm planning a bit of a splurge later this year then it'll be mainly a VFM local masseuse and occasional tourists to Aberdeen.

I think the same.

I havent punted for a month now but before I was punting 3 times a week. :( Came to almost 400 quid a week, thats 1600 quid a month! And its been about like that since xmas.....

Certainlty notice a difference to your bank balance when that sort of money isnt going out.

Havent decided on when (or if) my next punt will be (and after a month without, God I need one! ) but I do feel different and abit more cautious of spending it now Ive got it. Shall I punt for a couple of hours or buy a nice HD widescreen telly for the lounge which would last for years (hopefully!)

The only justification for the expenses is that you want to spend it on punting is cos you enjoy it.

But basically only spend money that you can afford to spend.

You should never cost out a hobby!

Shall I punt for a couple of hours or buy a nice HD widescreen telly for the lounge which would last for years (hopefully!)

For my next punt I'm hoping to ask a WG with A-cup breasts to hold them about two feet from my face (at that distance all breasts look really large anyway) and then very very slowly move them forward a millimetre at a time till they start to block out the light, then lose binocular vision as they advance past the tip of your nose, then totally fill my eye sockets. That kind of experience is definitely nice, high definition and wide-screen and as long as you keep your mind, the memory lasts for years.

No contest really, and no need to justify it, I just looove boobs :(

I dont see it any different to spending money on anything else. In the same way I dont see people trying to justify a night at the theatre, concert, pub, nightclub despite having nothing but good memories to show for it. Some people spend £1000+ on a holiday but dont seem to feel like they have to justify the cost vs the pleasure gained from it either.

I think its only really an issue justifying it when you pay £100-£150 p/hour and come away very dissapointed. I guess its like gambling, dont use money you cant afford.

I justify it in a strange way. I can either spend my money on things or time. If I spend it on things, then they clutter up one of my three houses. If I spend it on time, then there is no clutter. I try to reduce the amount of clutter. Therefore if the choice is between an HD TV (of which I already have four) or an hour or two with a lady or two then better spend the money on the ladies.

It is really hard work being one of the idle rich.

John

I look on punting as something thats so much fun most of the time that its worth every penny. I cant put a price on the memories it has given me, they are beyond mere monetary value to me. Unlike you to me getting to shag WGs i fancy is not a waste, its money very well spent.

I punt as i wish if fit which i havent been recently, but will never stop punting till i cant manage it anymore or i die.;)

Seemples really!

It's a whole lot cheaper both financially and emotionally than having an affair!

Uncles Pokey

Punting is FAR, FAR cheaper than being in a relationship, I don't pay prostitutes stupid fees so normally I am looking at £70 for sex, it would cost me that just to take a girl out for a meal. ;);)

Punting is FAR, FAR cheaper than being in a relationship, I don't pay prostitutes stupid fees so normally I am looking at £70 for sex, it would cost me that just to take a girl out for a meal. :);)

;):rolleyes:

Common Jimmy, £70 for a meal? surely you would go to KFC or McDonalds. Why pay £70 when you can get a meal for two for under a tenner.

It's an individual thing imo. Everyone could look over their gas bill and think oh i should've just worn a jumper instead of putting the heating on. I think spend what you can afford to lose so to speak. If you're going to sit down and calculate what you've spent on punting then you should do the same for everything. The result will always be the same "oh, i can't believe i spent this here, here, here" as you'd end up not spending nothing.

;):rolleyes:

Common Jimmy, £70 for a meal? surely you would go to KFC or McDonalds. Why pay £70 when you can get a meal for two for under a tenner.

Nice big bag of chips under the duvet. :)

Nice big bag of chips under the duvet. ;)

haggis & chips?

haggis & chips?

No, you have neeps and tatties with haggis. Just lots of long greasy chips drenched in salt and vinegar.

No, you have neeps and tatties with haggis. Just lots of long greasy chips drenched in salt and vinegar.

I had chip van haggis and chips in musselborough once. Deep fired haggis.

Yum!

Is Mick's Stakeaway is operating in Torry? The longest menu I've ever seen and only the haddock or haggis was edible.

tried a Donner kebab there ONCE far far worse an eating experience than my worst ever punt was as a punt.

Can i ask why you think it's a waste? Naturally you've been in the game for a little bit so maybe you've lost more than money - and with that your now adding up what you've spent?

Don't really look at the cost - once or twice a month won't make a big dent in my budget.

Is Mick's Stakeaway is operating in Torry? The longest menu I've ever seen and only the haddock or haggis was edible.

tried a Donner kebab there ONCE far far worse an eating experience than my worst ever punt was as a punt.

I try to avoid eating anything in Torry in case itn turns up in the 'Missing Persons' column the next day! ;)

When I look at some of the money I have wasted in the running of my business, what I spend on Punting is small beer in comparison. It's so easy to get convinced into splashing out thousands on print advertising which has no tangible return, for example. And then there's the tens of thousands you can spend employing staff that turn out to be no good ;)