coinz

Where are all the coerced girls?

13 posts in this topic

All quiet on the Western Front! No arrests of Punters since the "set-up" on 1st April that I know of, anyone know different! Are the Police having difficulty finding the scores of girls who Barmy Harman said, are forced into prostitution and subject to abuse? Surely if there are as many as the Government figures showed, the Police should have little difficulty locating many with just a short stick, or were the Government figures pure invention?

I thought there had been raids on a few parlours.

Pretty sure, for example, that World Famous Babes in Manchester was raided, some guys questioned, and some of the ladies also. (For laughably long periods... since there's no offence in working in a parlour... the owner may well have a case to answer, the guys may if coercion is involved, but working there isn't a crime.)

Think of the three guys questioned one accepted a caution... no idea why, since I very much doubt (given WFB's rep) that he'd committed an offence.

I thought there had been raids on a few parlours.

Pretty sure, for example, that World Famous Babes in Manchester was raided, some guys questioned, and some of the ladies also. (For laughably long periods... since there's no offence in working in a parlour... the owner may well have a case to answer, the guys may if coercion is involved, but working there isn't a crime.)

Think of the three guys questioned one accepted a caution... no idea why, since I very much doubt (given WFB's rep) that he'd committed an offence.

There was a raid in Newham on 1st April. Three guys were arrested. One was cautioned - although it was not clear for what offence. It could have been for possession of drugs or for another unrelated offence. Strangely the revised write up in the Sun makes no mention of the caution. There are several threads about this.

No punters were arrested when WFB was busted. See Danielle's post on LBB. There were no allegations of coercion or exploitation. They were after the owner. The punter was asked to leave. He was not arrested or taken to the station .

hasn't Coin(z) and his silly comments under various disguises been banned numerous times already...yawn, yawn and yawn another 200 times...

hasn't Coin(z) and his silly comments under various disguises been banned numerous times already...yawn, yawn and yawn another 200 times...

colinp/coin/coinz.....you'd think he'd be more imaginative.

You may well be correct about Coinz but I think his point about the lack of reported direct action since the staged and well-publicised 'bust' in Newham on 1 April is valid. I would expect maximum publicity from any raid in order to help get HH's message across and I haven't heard a whimper. I do not follow the popular press and I may well have missed something but I monitor this board in hopes that the more eagle-eyed of you will help me stay current.;)

colinp/coin/coinz.....you'd think he'd be more imaginative.

Hello......more constructive comments!!!!!!!

Kettle......Black........who posts silly comments then!

All quiet on the Western Front! No arrests of Punters since the "set-up" on 1st April that I know of, anyone know different! Are the Police having difficulty finding the scores of girls who Barmy Harman said, are forced into prostitution and subject to abuse? Surely if there are as many as the Government figures showed, the Police should have little difficulty locating many with just a short stick, or were the Government figures pure invention?

Some more of them here http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30413

Debbie

These arrests pre-date the April 1st law and previous correspondents are correct in that the only raid to do with the new law was the much-publicised one in Newham.

The fact that some two months since the enactment of the new law there have been no arrests of consequence; much less any convictions shows that it was mere window dressing designed to scare punters. Where there was serious human trafficking much like in your link, the existing legislation was sufficient to bring wrong-doers to court. Ms Harperson's law has yet to be tested and I suspect will be quietly swept away under a convenient carpet.

"The fact that some two months since the enactment of the new law there have been no arrests of consequence; much less any convictions shows that it was mere window dressing designed to scare punters. Where there was serious human trafficking much like in your link, the existing legislation was sufficient to bring wrong-doers to court. Ms Harperson's law has yet to be tested and I suspect will be quietly swept away under a convenient carpet."

I tend to agree. I doubt that there will be much fanfare over any correction to the P & C Actbut we must hope that another portmanteau bill, which quietly tidies up and introduces a sane policy, comes along.

Just leaving the current law and giving it low priority, seems very dangerous. Especially if the Tory idea of elected & political Police Commissioners gets through. I think such people would be very driven by local activists, with the religious and prudish amongst the most vocal.

Just leaving the current law and giving it low priority, seems very dangerous. Especially if the Tory idea of elected & political Police Commissioners gets through. I think such people would be very driven by local activists, with the religious and prudish amongst the most vocal.

And here I think you have the important point! Elected Police Commissioners (on £150k or so, I assume?) will be at the beck and call of the "activists" and, who, pray, has ever met a moderate activist?

To answer the OP question I suspect it works like this:

The coerced girls I reckon are a complete subset of the WG community to which most of our native english speaking punters will never see or hear of, let alone visit.

It will work a bit like this : Guys from Eastern Europe (or wherever ) will be used to punting in their local brothel at let's say £15 for 30 min which is maybe about 6 hours work at minimum wage for them. These guys come to the UK and start earning around £6 an hour which to them is a good wage but not enough to afford the normal £120/hr or £60/30min in the UK. They get frustrated and email back to their mates back home to send over some nice girls. The girls arrive and are then used to service the community of guys working in the UK at rates comparable to what they were paying in their own country. The girls will not be advertising in the local papers or setting up websites as indies so providing they are kept within their own foreign speaking community then they will be more or less under the radar.

It's only when they try and operate outside of their small community that suspicions will be aroused.

It's a theory of mine but would seem to be quite plausible.