tugg

The disabled

11 posts in this topic

Good article in the Sunday Times magazine about sex and the disabled. Points out the potentially disastrous effects of this Bill for those disabled people whose sexual needs are met by our caring ladies.

why didn't you post a link to the article?

well, here it is

Because I read the old fashioned hard copy and not online!

I am a member of the TLC site, and did post on it a while ago here too.

I was contacted by the journo who wrote the article too, a few weeks ago.

I always refrain from talking with journos, we can never be too sure what the edit will be?

I do see quite a few disabled boys, I like to call it differently abled.

Some boys I have met, can do things that other boys can't! I have been quite wowed, and learned new things, postions etc.

We are not physically invincible, anything can happen to you or me tomorrow.

I don't think it should stop anyone seeking a partner or a pleasurable outlet.

I, for one, would still have the same feelings and desires, and so would you? Sex is in the mind, and the mind overcomes the body. I know so.

I have also seen some boys with slight learning differences, but they had desires and knew what they wanted to experience? This is slightly more difficult for me to interpret sometimes, but I learn from them. It's such an honest connection, they have no agenda either. It's so pure. It's been fine so far. They just say it. I tell them what is possible and safe to do.

I think one of my present strengths is with Asperger's and autism, I understand this more, their difference in social skills are mixed with a honed intellect in other sectors and so, we find common ground, and mix very well.

Asperger's have their own chat forums and sites too. I read some, but don't post. They would perhaps find me if they were looking for something elsewhere, but that would be their choice, I wouldn't force it.

The Sunday Times piece was very well done, yesterday.

I always refrain from talking with journos, we can never be too sure what the edit will be?

Some boys I have met, can do things that other boys can't! I have been quite wowed, and learned new things, postions etc.

I, for one, would still have the same feelings and desires, and so would you? Sex is in the mind, and the mind overcomes the body. I know so.

I have also seen some boys with slight learning differences, but they had desires and knew what they wanted to experience? This is slightly more difficult for me to interpret sometimes, but I learn from them. It's such an honest connection, they have no agenda either. It's so pure. It's been fine so far. They just say it. I tell them what is possible and safe to do.

I think one of my present strengths is with Asperger's and autism, I understand this more, their difference in social skills are mixed with a honed intellect in other sectors and so, we find common ground, and mix very well.

Asperger's have their own chat forums and sites too. I read some, but don't post. They would perhaps find me if they were looking for something elsewhere, but that would be their choice, I wouldn't force it.

Yes, I was approached too and for the same reason declined to be involved. Living in a small town/rural area also adds further sensitivity for clients as well as myself. I did however have a really nice chat with Jill without giving too much away, and she seemed very nice for a journalist. She also provided me with links to her references as well as info about checking her out with the national union.

Contrast this with 5 weeks ago when I was contacted by an almost aggressive male, phoning from a withheld number throwing questions at me directly without me having time to make an informed choice about who he was/could be. I asked where his article was to be published - he took a moment to think before saying Mail on Sunday. I doubt he got his article written. Anyone with any knowledge of the industry or appreciation of the issues involved would have made a much better approach.

I could not agree more with this statement, my male half and myself have been seeing a client in a wheelchair totally paralysed from the waist down, what is the point most would say, the point is he is very sexual (and sexy) in his head.

He has a partner and a very fullfilling sex life, obviously the main male sexual organ is not functional, but as we all know sex is not just about that.

He sees us because he can get in the middle of us and it brings him back to when he was functional, he still has his sight, taste and touch, and his body is so sensitive it is like one big sexual organ!

S xxxxx

(I know you will be reading this so hi xxxxx)

I was also approached, and gave my standard '10 minutes of my time' via phone to the Journo.

I was, however, under the impression that it was for a TV programme to be made by 'Many Rivers films'.

Whatever, i think seeing the disabled is one of the most enriching (not in the pecuniary sense)thing one can experience in the industry....other than popping a virgin's cherry that is.

L

Yes, Jill told me that she wanted to interview women who would be willing to appear in the documentary - obviously that was the killer for me and I told her no way was that possible.

Yes, Jill told me that she wanted to interview women who would be willing to appear in the documentary - obviously that was the killer for me and I told her no way was that possible.

I warned her that being in a documentary is not a career move for nearly all service providers.

Film makers never seem to appreciate that the miserly amount of money paid for the exposure can never compensate for the fall out of family/friends and LOSS of business.

Sex and the disabled is an interesting subject though, and i feel privileged to have experienced it in my life.....albeit for a fee.

L

I posted my lil' rant in the wrong place there! But thanks for not pointing it out!

These issues dig into my psyche and I was thinking with emotion rather than law/leg..

But I see that you did too, so..good!

I was called by the 'Mail on Sunday' guy too Strawberry...I didn't chat either.