ladyofthemansion

Communication by text.

Texts or calls   138 members have voted

1. 1. Texts or calls

• I am a WG and I wont answer texts at all.
    • I am a WG and would reply to a text once requesting call.
    • I am a WG and am happy with text booking.
    • I am a punter who prefers to call.
    • I am a punter who texts but will call if requested to.
    • I am a punter who prefers to book via text.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

72 posts in this topic

Was talking to a WG who allows all her punters to book by text even when she hasn't met them. She said she gets half her customers through the door that way. Now I have never operated that way. When I get a text I text back once asking them to call but some text back saying they cant because they are at work etc.. I am wondering if texting is the norm now so have set up a poll.

Sorry but there is not the option I would suggest in your poll.

I would say do not accept bookings by text from first time clients.After you have met the client and established he seems OK then I would accept bookings by text.

In other words accept text bookings froms guys you have met and trust.

No defo not a text booking from a client I have never met before although I don't mind regulars confirming their bookings by text :D

I'm with you LOTM, I insist on speaking with possible clients..I figure, if they can't even be arsed to pick up the phone for a chat they aren't the type of clients I want..but then I'm very choosy, and only do Sensual Massage.I don't want 'sex punters'..but if I did I still wouldn't let them book by text..but that's just me, I'm not into cold hard (scuse the pun) 'business transactions'.

Sorry but there is not the option I would suggest in your poll.

I would say do not accept bookings by text from first time clients.After you have met the client and established he seems OK then I would accept bookings by text.

In other words accept text bookings froms guys you have met and trust.

I completely agree. I require a phone chat before i make a booking with a newbie to me in any case. Texts are not sufficient.

I prefer to hear a voice.

I do Txt only with those Ladies that I know and trust.

but even then, I like a voice-call 1 or 2 days before, just to make sure it is still her, and to know she is OK.

Allthough I've got one regular who perfers txt-only, and it works fine too.

I'm astonished (and somewhat alarmed) at the number of excellent and serious girls (the ones that spring to mind are all Polish) who are prepared to see first-timers on the basis of a text.

As texts can sometimes take quite a few hours I would always prefer to speak to to someone, at least you know you've communicated.

As Mike52 says plus sometimes some clients want to ask lots of questions, need directions etc and it can take 20 texts plus 2 hours which just really isn't fair nor sensible. Plus sometimes I might be driving in which case won't text but am happy to receive a call via my handsfree ear-piece.

My preferred option is I will answer a 2 or 3 straightforward to the point texts to set up a booking, with a call requested for new clients after that.

"Are you around", "Are you busy", "When are you free" are not to the point resulting in a lot of piny ponging, frustrating for client and WG alike. Whereas "Can you see me at 4pm tomorrow" or "I'd like an appointment Thursday morning - possibly adding any timing restrictions" is most likely to get a quick and easy appointment.

Common sense applies. I think they should teach SMS communication in schools now.

Yes I should have added about texts being ok for regs. I dont have a problem with someone texting if l have met them before.

How do you know who you are texting unless it's a regular. I had someone trying to book via text, numerous text had gone back and forth, I then asked him to call as it was obvious he was a timewaster, he text that he couldn't ring as he was driving!!:D

Oops i mis-voted, meant to vote for one txt but request a phone call, i will take tx bookings but they must phone to confirm, if they phoned to book i am happy with a tx to confirm..xx

I don't care how contact is made, as long as it's polite and literate. Most of my bookings are made in advance and I always speak to the client before the booking, even if it's initially made by email or text.

I would never book by text, not even with a lady I've seen before. Certainly directions and times can be confirmed by text, but starting off with a text just seems horribly impersonal and off-hand to me.

A text will not reveal a scary level of inarticulation or a dreadful acccent which might well put you/me off so phone it has to be.

The ONLY girl I've ever confirmed by text was a regular who I'd met 6 times previously, and that was only because she could not take my call that day due to a meeting at her work.

although i will want to speak to them before the booking i have no probs with texts its when they want constantly text stupid question via text that i insist on them calling me - if its a straight forward Q&A text then i dont mind

Was talking to a WG who allows all her punters to book by text even when she hasn't met them. She said she gets half her customers through the door that way. Now I have never operated that way. When I get a text I text back once asking them to call but some text back saying they cant because they are at work etc.. I am wondering if texting is the norm now so have set up a poll.

I much prefer to make first contact in writing by text or by email [ preferably email ]. I dont trust the phone as a medium and I like to get all technical issues out of the way and this can imo be done much better in writing . However, I do believe that most WGs and Agencies dont really want to be bothered with this --- fundamentally all they really want to know is length of booking, time and place. Once they are happy on the security front then thats pretty much it. I presume it is the TWs that have brought this about.

Anyway, when booking I will always call the lady or agency beforehand , to be sure,to be sure !!

I always call the girl before I make any booking, as I want to know what and how she sounds like. Then if I like what I hear, I will call back to make a booking.

I am happy to take bookings by text and to be honest, I prefer it. I've got good at spotting time wasters and don't get messed about all that often, and I would say that when I do there's an equal amount who will phone as will text.

So why do I prefer it? It's convenient. I don't drive so that's never an issue, and I'm often somewhere where I don't want to pick up the phone. If I'm out in public, particularly somewhere noisy, it is impossible. If I'm in the middle of a conversation with a friend, on my other phone or listening to music/watching a film it is annoying to have to break off to answer a call. Of course I'll still pick up if I possibly can and I'm always happy to take a booking, but it is easier to just send back a text.

I have unlimited free texts so it isn't costing me anything, and I have a few set templates with my prices/services/working hours for the week to deal with repetitive questions fast.

"Are you around", "Are you busy", "When are you free" are not to the point resulting in a lot of piny ponging, frustrating for client and WG alike.

Exactly - would anyone ask such questions if they were contacting say, their doctor. You'd know their surgery times, but you would contact them having a time in mind that suits you.

Having said that, I also understand that the unprofessional attitude of some ladies may contradict my argument; we're perhaps heading into different territory and a chicken and egg situation.....

Same for me

The impression from the voice, accent and English is part of making the choice.

But then text works very well with the reg. who has a life beyond - the txt alarm can be answered straightaway or left to later according to what's being done

I'd even be wary of accepting a text booking from a regular client, particularly in light of recent celebrity fiascos. The more regular the client, the more likely it is that an irate wife or girlfriend finds out and decides that vengeance will be hers.

I have (and will do again I am sure) arranged punts with girls new to me via each of phone, text and e-mail. If the WG in question states a preference, I'll happily use it. If no preference is stated, I'll usually make first contact via e-mail. I too find this a clearer mechanism for establishing services and logistics.

I do however prefer to speak to the lady concerned at least once before meeting for the first time.

Quite often, I'll have used all three methods of communication by the time we eventually meet :P.

I think I've only ever met one girl with whom the only communication before hand was via text. It turned out to be a great punt though :rolleyes:

Personally I prefer that first contact be done by text, purely because I am not always able to answer my calls (busy, public place, with company, etc.) and I don't want the potential client to feel they have failed to reach me and give up altogether!

The first question will often be about availability, and if I am in the street, in the shops, don't have my diary handy and so on, it would almost feel like a wasted conversation as I would not be able to communicate the required info, and that would be a shame...

At least with a text, I can take the time to check my schedule and look at the possibilities. In other words, this would allow me to prepare and offer a range of options that would be convenient for both client and I.

But I do agree that nothing replaces the impression only a voice can give, which is why, IMHO, it is always a good idea to fit in a chat at some point before that first appointment.