LouisaPSUk

The Come Dine with Me.... experience x

61 posts in this topic

I love the show....... watched it on Ch4 tonight.

My favourite game whilst watching the show is.... 'Spot The Punter'...

As soon as the door opens.... specially on the first person of the group dining people..... as soon as they open that door..... if I spot one.... I shout 'Punter'...

My question is for any of the other fans of the show..... who may use this board.......

Have any of you Guys ever appeared on the show??

(and if say if you were to appear on the show... do you reckon I would be able to spot you??)

and for the Ladies..... do you share my little game.... or do you have one of your own ??

;);):eek:

As soon as the door opens.... specially on the first person of the group dining people..... as soon as they open that door..... if I spot one.... I shout 'Punter'...

C'mon, what are the signs??

My question is for any of the other fans of the show..... who may use this board.......

Have any of you Guys ever appeared on the show??

(and if say if you were to appear on the show... do you reckon I would be able to spot you??)

and for the Ladies..... do you share my little game.... or do you have one of your own ??

:);):eek:

On my way to meet a WG one day. On my approach to the location she subsequently said she picked me out as her punter --- I was rather crestfallen about that tbh !;) Yes, please give us some tips on ' spotting the punter '.

Haha! you are funny Louisa lol bless you :eek::D:p:) xxxx

Yes, thinking about it.................there are lots of little signs that stand out.

Yes, thinking about it.................there are lots of little signs that stand out.

well go on you teaser, spill the beans.!!

Interestingly, one saturday I was leaving a hotel after a punt and I met this very attractive lady at the lifts and we exchanged brief pleasanteries. As I drove away from the hotel . I watched her walking up the road and it just struck me that she might be a WG. Sure enough when I was on the computer the next day organising a sunday punt, there she was so I booked her. At the punt I mentioned that we had met the previous day and that I had thought to myself that she might be a WG. She was none too impressed --- not my finest hour !:eek:

I have actually seen one of my clients appear on that show before! It was one of those "Is it HIM? Nah... Oh yeah, it is!!" moments!

He didn't win though, sadly....

Spot the punter game? Yeah, I know the game you mean, Louise! I do that too... :eek:

I enjoy the show too, but I wouldn't want to be on it. Who'd seriously want to go to or host a dinner party with people you don't know every night for a week? If I did appear on it I'd be the compulsory tosser they always have who drives the others barmy in five minutes...either that or I'd deck him! :eek:

A while ago I realised that I checked my flies everytime I got out onto the street after a punt. There had been plenty of time to check beforehand - especially as I go through a little post punt ritual of checking I have my mobile, watch etc before leaving.

But for some reason I had to check my flies once I had left the building. I make a conscious effort not to do that these days.

I am shocked that any of you watch this cookery programme when you could be doing something else. Countdown I could forgive if Rachel Riley's your type, even the Weakest Link if you like verbal abuse.

I'd have no idea who has been a punter or who has been a WG. When I found out a couple of friends had visited WGs (in Amsterdam) they were not the ones I would have thought.

I am shocked that any of you watch this cookery programme when you could be doing something else. Countdown I could forgive if Rachel Riley's your type, even the Weakest Link if you like verbal abuse.

I'd have no idea who has been a punter or who has been a WG. When I found out a couple of friends had visited WGs (in Amsterdam) they were not the ones I would have thought.

It's only a Game NN..... it's not Real.... :eek:

Do they show what happens after the dinner then?

Should it be called "Dine and Come with Me"?

I hope it is shown after the 9.00 p.m. watershed.

If you've never seen it Newbie, trust me, we watch it with a sort of horrified fascination at the collection of basket cases they manage to find to appear. There's always either at least one bloke you want to kill in his own best interests or one (usually) peroxide blonde whose motormouth you wish you could bung up with a large souffle (or if you're lucky, both!). The genius of the show is Dave Lamb's voiceover. It's a bit like getting John Cleese on ecstasy to commentate on a snooker match.

Did you see the French/Caribbean girl about a week ago with the most humongous breasts?? :eek:

Did you see the French/Caribbean girl about a week ago with the most humongous breasts?? :eek:

Yes, I felt so sorry for the lass who liked to party, being surrounded by that bunch of miserable beggars.

If you've never seen it Newbie, trust me, we watch it with a sort of horrified fascination at the collection of basket cases they manage to find to appear. There's always either at least one bloke you want to kill in his own best interests or one (usually) peroxide blonde whose motormouth you wish you could bung up with a large souffle (or if you're lucky, both!). The genius of the show is Dave Lamb's voiceover. It's a bit like getting John Cleese on ecstasy to commentate on a snooker match.

Spot On !! my thought exactly Lovely Tony....

I watched it tonight on Ch4 5pm..... I would put money on about 'Steve'.... I think the 'Best Girl' won..... :eek::);)

tell you who I saw on this programme and who really inpressed me --- lovely looking. lovely attitude, not full of herself ----- Abby Titmuss ! thought she was great !:eek:

tell you who I saw on this programme and who really inpressed me --- lovely looking. lovely attitude, not full of herself ----- Abby Titmuss ! thought she was great !;)

I missed that one. I agree with Tony, Dave Lambs voiceovers are great. The sight of Jan Leeming and the guy who played Keith Miller in Eastenders smooching was a sight i could of done without seeing though.:eek::)

I saw the Abby Titmuss one too, and was really really surprised and impressed. She was the only one with any dignity....it was quite refreshing to see her blow a stereotype out of the water :eek:

I missed that one. I agree with Tony, Dave Lambs voiceovers are great. The sight of Jan Leeming and the guy who played Keith Miller in Eastenders smooching was a sight i could of done without seeing though.:eek:;)

The celebrity ones are fun. I'd have liked to see the election special, but I was working. Hope they repeat it. Edwina vs Degsie - great!

The celebrity ones are fun. I'd have liked to see the election special, but I was working. Hope they repeat it. Edwina vs Degsie - great!

I missed that one too. Edwina Currie has been on before if i remember rightly with Christopher Biggins, didnt drink and was a right party pooper.:eek:

It's a brilliant show the Abi titmuss episode is one of my faves, apart from Linda lusardi and Abi the rest of them were pompus "A holes" especially that Paul Ross.

It's a show i would love be on if i had the time to spare.

Another Celebrity Special Edition next Monday i note themed as a gameshow special with Michael Barrymore, Anthea "gives us a twirl" Redfern, Jenny Powell and Pat Sharp.

I saw the Abby Titmuss one too, and was really really surprised and impressed. She was the only one with any dignity....it was quite refreshing to see her blow a stereotype out of the water :eek:

quite refreshing to see her blow a stereotype out of the water

Blimey, did they show Abby Titmuss doing that as well? TV is looking better all the time.

I missed that one too. Edwina Currie has been on before if i remember rightly with Christopher Biggins, didnt drink and was a right party pooper.:eek:

That was one of the best ever! Biggins is a brilliant bloke.