kissxkate

Have you had a good day today and if so why?

51 posts in this topic

I have to admit that today for me has been a great one. I've got that 'feel good' factor and wanted to share it and wondered if anyone else was feeling the same way and if so what made your day so great?

Me, I had 2 bookings with newbies and both were very different, but by gosh did we have some fun, then I nipped in to town to buy some new wardrobes and drawers for my bedroom (trying to make it look nicer after hearing the comments on here) and got back just in time to see one of my beloved regulars.

I'm sat on my bed after having a lovely shower and have a big smile on my face and it's only just turned 3pm!!!!

Happy days x

The world does seem a happier place today for some reason. Maybe it's the coming of spring, maybe it's the change in governement. Whatever way you cut it things seem more positive now than they have for a very long time. Or so I think.

Went for a nice pub lunch with a colleague :eek:

Was orally pleasured by a rather attractive, firm bodied, blonde MILF. Lovely.:eek:

The world does seem a happier place today for some reason. Maybe it's the coming of spring, maybe it's the change in governement. Whatever way you cut it things seem more positive now than they have for a very long time. Or so I think.

In my case it is the change of government who have made my day by saving me a few quid by suspending HIPS, money once realised, that no doubt will go back to them if they raise VAT. A good first step on a road that i hope will see the rolling back of the nanny state. There are a lot of things to de-nanny though, virtually an endless list.

I also had lunch with a friend and had a good laugh.:eek:

I have to admit that today for me has been a great one. I've got that 'feel good' factor and wanted to share it and wondered if anyone else was feeling the same way and if so what made your day so great?

Me, I had 2 bookings with newbies and both were very different, but by gosh did we have some fun, then I nipped in to town to buy some new wardrobes and drawers for my bedroom (trying to make it look nicer after hearing the comments on here) and got back just in time to see one of my beloved regulars.

I'm sat on my bed after having a lovely shower and have a big smile on my face and it's only just turned 3pm!!!!

Happy days x

I had a bit of a "run in" with electricity and a somewhat scary experience, but nevertheless satisfactory outcome today. For a couple of days I had been having intermittent flickering of lights, timers being reset PC rebooting etc, as it affected appliances across all ring and lighting circuits it seemed fairly obvious to me that the problem was one of supply rather than a particular appliance misbehaving, however just for the hell of it I arranged for an electrician mate to come round and check out the wiring on my side of the meter.

10:00

=====

My mate turns up and does his electrician bit and by about 10:30 he is happy that the problem is one of supply, he rings up the Leccy Board and after some geeky chat he tells me that "they are going to send someone out to have a look", a cup of tea and a fag and a bit of a chat and by 11:00 my mate has gone.

11:45

=====

Knock on the door, I go to see who it is and there is a bloke with "Leccy Board" plastered all over his jacket, "I hear you have a problem with your supply Sir, is that right?", I am speechless, not only was I convinced that there was going to be a wait of a least a week, but I had spent the past 30 mins or so composing Emails to the Leccy Board, letters to the Times, local MP and even to that nice Mr Cameron, all droning on about the state of the country and how it was disgusting that people had to wait ......... well you know the sort of thing, but above all he had called me "Sir", well I mean that goes against all tradition and borders on insolence IMHO, what is wrong with the tried and trusted "mate" or "guv" and even better "squire"!! All my literary labours had been wasted because within 45 mins here was a grinning spotty faced erk (who called me Sir, dammit) wanting to sort out my problem, "well you had better come in" I said, in he came and checked the meter and main fuse, wandered outside and checked the supply bracket and the supply pole opposite the house, I have to say that while all this "checking" was going on he did have the good grace to "Hmmmmmmm", grunt and on two occasions do that sort of "sucking in air through the front teeth" bit followed by a couple of tongue clicks, this at least showed that he had received the basic training, I felt a tad more comfortable now.

12:00

=====

"Well Sir", this "Sir" bit again, not at all reassuring, but I digress, "Well Sir" he said "Can't see anything wrong here but I will check out the connections at the substation, I'll be back in about 30 mins". "This was more like it" I thought and hurried back inside to resurrect my letters happy in the knowledge that I would not see him again today.

12:30

=====

Knock on the door, same spotty faced erk, "Doesn't seem to be anything wrong at the substation end Sir, I have put a call in for a linesman to take a better look at your supply bracket and pole connections", at this point my faith in human nature took a bit of a dip for not only had he returned when he said he would, but he had the audacity to want to take the problem further, I mean a real Pro would have foisted the problem fairly and squarely back on my shoulders and I would have known where I stood then, but no, he was actually trying to sort the situation out, I was extremely confused at this point, however, I clung to the faint hope that the linesman would be one of the "old school" and if he bothered to turn up at all then he would at least want to block off the road for the rest of the day and then claim that it was all my fault.

13:00

=====

I take a stroll in the garden in order to collect my thoughts before composing yet another letter of complaint when I spot a Leccy Board van parked under the supply pole, it contains the erk, "surely he cannot be so naive as to think that a linesman is going to turn up this week let alone today" I thought, with a slight feeling of trepidation I went over and knocked on the window, "Would you like to come in for a cup of tea while you wait?" I said, with a really supercilious grin, "No thank you Sir, the linesman will be here in about a half an hour and I have some paperwork to catch up on". I retire to the house in a bit of a daze, I mean what is the world coming to?, the erk should have had the van door open, music blaring out at some earsplitting noise level and be showing acres of bum cleavage at regular intervals, but no, there he was quietly tapping away on a laptop supremely confident that a linesman would arrive in 30 mins.

13:30

=====

Knock at the door, erk plus linesman, now the linesman was of a different calibre to the erk, he addressed me as "guv" and exhibited a much more uninterested attitude altogether, "this is better I thought" and I warmed to him even more as the erk and myself watched as he trampled a few plants and chipped a garden gnome with his ladder while making his way to the supply bracket on the corner of the house, I even noticed a slight hint of envy in the erks eyes as he realised that at last here was a true professional, it was pure poetry to watch the ladder being placed exactly in the position that would cause the most damage to surrounding plants and then slammed up against the wall with enough force to remove a reasonable amount of pebble-dash thus ensuring a nice damp patch for years to come, the only niggle that I have is that he missed scratching the newly painted fascia board but that would have just been a nice touch and I can't really fault him on that. On to the supply pole, a nice lot of grumbling while he donned the requisite gear, lots of noise as he groped for tools in the back of his van and deep deep joy as he turned on the radio at maximum volume, ascending the ladder he gave a magnificent display of builder cleavage and spent the usual amount of time doing anything but looking at the connections. I stood back and rolled a fag while dreaming of the months of drawn out correspondence and aggravation.

13:45

=====

Disaster struck, yelling over the blaring radio he said "Crap neutral connection mate, I'll fix it now", a snip of a wire, the flash of a welding gun, a "There you go boss, all done", two clouds of diesel smoke as they raced off to the next poor unsuspecting individual and all I can do is to wave limply. A broken and disillusioned man I trudge past the ravaged flower bed and lovingly pat the chipped gnome on the head and go indoors desperately hoping to smell gas. Still looking on the bright side my leccy is now fixed.

HELLO HELLO KISSKATE

Thanks so much for telling me about this lovely place to come find new friends.

So pleased to hear that you are saving some cash.

This is my first posting so be gentle with me, ok maybe less gentle if you insist.:eek:

Is there a place here to indroduce us new girls?

If not I am Eve, 41, sexy MILF from Worcestershire looking for new friends

Wel I've had better days,BUT this one could have been a lot lot worse !

Was chatting on the phone this morning,stting on sofa,with empty mug on floor (not wanting to spill tea etc) got up to fetch something from other roon,sort off triped over mug,and sort off smashed head into glass panel in door.....................

Result cut head,tons of broken glass...................But 6-7 hrs later,could have been a lot worse,head feels better, but sure as hell won't be combing hair for a while...................

Its a loverly sunny day,Ive done a load of washing,including blood covered shirt etc..........Ive got a 100 odd quid sitting around,must go and make booking soon,as I'm still alive to enjoy it..............soon as I stop shaking that is:)

PS,anybody want a medium sized box of broken glass,if not will put it on ebay................:eek:.

I had a bit of a "run in" with electricity and a somewhat scary experience, but nevertheless satisfactory outcome today. For a couple of days I had been having intermittent flickering of lights, timers being reset PC rebooting etc, as it affected appliances across all ring and lighting circuits it seemed fairly obvious to me that the problem was one of supply rather than a particular appliance misbehaving, however just for the hell of it I arranged for an electrician mate to come round and check out the wiring on my side of the meter.

10:00

=====

My mate turns up and does his electrician bit and by about 10:30 he is happy that the problem is one of supply, he rings up the Leccy Board and after some geeky chat he tells me that "they are going to send someone out to have a look", a cup of tea and a fag and a bit of a chat and by 11:00 my mate has gone.

11:45

=====

Knock on the door, I go to see who it is and there is a bloke with "Leccy Board" plastered all over his jacket, "I hear you have a problem with your supply Sir, is that right?", I am speechless, not only was I convinced that there was going to be a wait of a least a week, but I had spent the past 30 mins or so composing Emails to the Leccy Board, letters to the Times, local MP and even to that nice Mr Cameron, all droning on about the state of the country and how it was disgusting that people had to wait ......... well you know the sort of thing, but above all he had called me "Sir", well I mean that goes against all tradition and borders on insolence IMHO, what is wrong with the tried and trusted "mate" or "guv" and even better "squire"!! All my literary labours had been wasted because within 45 mins here was a grinning spotty faced erk (who called me Sir, dammit) wanting to sort out my problem, "well you had better come in" I said, in he came and checked the meter and main fuse, wandered outside and checked the supply bracket and the supply pole opposite the house, I have to say that while all this "checking" was going on he did have the good grace to "Hmmmmmmm", grunt and on two occasions do that sort of "sucking in air through the front teeth" bit followed by a couple of tongue clicks, this at least showed that he had received the basic training, I felt a tad more comfortable now.

12:00

=====

"Well Sir", this "Sir" bit again, not at all reassuring, but I digress, "Well Sir" he said "Can't see anything wrong here but I will check out the connections at the substation, I'll be back in about 30 mins". "This was more like it" I thought and hurried back inside to resurrect my letters happy in the knowledge that I would not see him again today.

12:30

=====

Knock on the door, same spotty faced erk, "Doesn't seem to be anything wrong at the substation end Sir, I have put a call in for a linesman to take a better look at your supply bracket and pole connections", at this point my faith in human nature took a bit of a dip for not only had he returned when he said he would, but he had the audacity to want to take the problem further, I mean a real Pro would have foisted the problem fairly and squarely back on my shoulders and I would have known where I stood then, but no, he was actually trying to sort the situation out, I was extremely confused at this point, however, I clung to the faint hope that the linesman would be one of the "old school" and if he bothered to turn up at all then he would at least want to block off the road for the rest of the day and then claim that it was all my fault.

13:00

=====

I take a stroll in the garden in order to collect my thoughts before composing yet another letter of complaint when I spot a Leccy Board van parked under the supply pole, it contains the erk, "surely he cannot be so naive as to think that a linesman is going to turn up this week let alone today" I thought, with a slight feeling of trepidation I went over and knocked on the window, "Would you like to come in for a cup of tea while you wait?" I said, with a really supercilious grin, "No thank you Sir, the linesman will be here in about a half an hour and I have some paperwork to catch up on". I retire to the house in a bit of a daze, I mean what is the world coming to?, the erk should have had the van door open, music blaring out at some earsplitting noise level and be showing acres of bum cleavage at regular intervals, but no, there he was quietly tapping away on a laptop supremely confident that a linesman would arrive in 30 mins.

13:30

=====

Knock at the door, erk plus linesman, now the linesman was of a different calibre to the erk, he addressed me as "guv" and exhibited a much more uninterested attitude altogether, "this is better I thought" and I warmed to him even more as the erk and myself watched as he trampled a few plants and chipped a garden gnome with his ladder while making his way to the supply bracket on the corner of the house, I even noticed a slight hint of envy in the erks eyes as he realised that at last here was a true professional, it was pure poetry to watch the ladder being placed exactly in the position that would cause the most damage to surrounding plants and then slammed up against the wall with enough force to remove a reasonable amount of pebble-dash thus ensuring a nice damp patch for years to come, the only niggle that I have is that he missed scratching the newly painted fascia board but that would have just been a nice touch and I can't really fault him on that. On to the supply pole, a nice lot of grumbling while he donned the requisite gear, lots of noise as he groped for tools in the back of his van and deep deep joy as he turned on the radio at maximum volume, ascending the ladder he gave a magnificent display of builder cleavage and spent the usual amount of time doing anything but looking at the connections. I stood back and rolled a fag while dreaming of the months of drawn out correspondence and aggravation.

13:45

=====

Disaster struck, yelling over the blaring radio he said "Crap neutral connection mate, I'll fix it now", a snip of a wire, the flash of a welding gun, a "There you go boss, all done", two clouds of diesel smoke as they raced off to the next poor unsuspecting individual and all I can do is to wave limply. A broken and disillusioned man I trudge past the ravaged flower bed and lovingly pat the chipped gnome on the head and go indoors desperately hoping to smell gas. Still looking on the bright side my leccy is now fixed.

Absolutely hilarious, it had me chuckling away. You should have your own board, the daily happenings of SaSfan or similar. Hope the gnome isnt too bad.:eek::D

An excellent day for me.... so far.

1) Discovered that two of my cleaner shrimps (from the three) in the saltwater aquarium still alive, after I was convinced they all were eaten by recently introduced Picasso Trigger fish. (one still missing though)

2) The honey and walnut cake raised at last while baking, after I changed the recipe slightly. (Had two unsuccessful attempts before)

3) Received at last recently published (Apr 2010) Encyclopedia of Military Aircraft from Amazon after waiting for it for over two weeks.

4) Found my favorite Mascara, which I thought I lost in the hotel. (it was in the pocket of my jacket)

Absolutely hilarious, it had me chuckling away. You should have your own board, the daily happenings of SaSfan or similar. Hope the gnome isnt too bad.:eek::D

Had me in stitches too, absolutely hilarious indeed! You've made my day even more cheerful x

'Mate', Sasfan, 'mate'? I didn't think you did mates. What kind of a bleeding sociopath are you, for Christ's sake?

I spent over an hour with a gorgeous, intelligent and totally sexy brunette, leaving both of us, in her words, content. :eek:

B

bit of a shit day tbh

Thank you for asking. Woke up in the warm afterglow of having spent two hours with a very sexy lady last night, had a rare weekday lie-in, got a Starbucks frappucino and a cheese pastry on the way into work, boss wasn't in, actually got done what I had planned to get done during the day, finished off the working day with a lovely Italian meal and a glass of rose wine. Thursday's don't get much better than this. :eek:

Wow sounds like you had a fab day Tony..:D

My day was great, cleaned scrubbed and polished my house from top to bottom with the windows and doors wide open all that was missing was 7 dwarfs and me singing like snow white :eek:

1) Discovered that two of my cleaner shrimps (from the three) in the saltwater aquarium still alive, after I was convinced they all were eaten by recently introduced Picasso Trigger fish. (one still missing though)

2) The honey and walnut cake raised at last while baking, after I changed the recipe slightly. (Had two unsuccessful attempts before)

3) Received at last recently published (Apr 2010) Encyclopedia of Military Aircraft from Amazon after waiting for it for over two weeks.

4) Found my favorite Mascara, which I thought I lost in the hotel. (it was in the pocket of my jacket)

Your comment 3) above made my day today!

I thought I was the only anorak posting on here addicted to aircraft! I'm now sitting in my work room surrounded by (flying) model aircraft and books and magazines going back some 70 years!

Today in my job I have been crawling over an Embraer 195 and BAe 146 (RJ100) in for maintenance. Until I read your post I didn't think today could get any better! Thank you!

Wow sounds like you had a fab day Tony..:D

My day was great, cleaned scrubbed and polished my house from top to bottom with the windows and doors wide open all that was missing was 7 dwarfs and me singing like snow white :rolleyes:

Wow, that sounds fun! :eek::confused: I'm sure you and I could both have had much more fun together Bunny. :D

Mmm, the honey and walnut cake sounds delicious, and the aquarium sounds fasicnating. :eek:

'Mate', Sasfan, 'mate'? I didn't think you did mates.

I don't, he does, who am I to disillusion him?

Any good on WW11 ?

STBPOTW.

Have you had a good day today and if so why?

Not really Kate. I had a nice punt lined up for tomorrow afternoon that I was much looking forward to.

Got bored in a meeting at work this afternoon, so switched my punting phone on to get a cancellation text from the girl concerned :D.

So I've got to try and sort out Plan B tomorrow morning. I have a really narrow window of opportunity as well, so I am not hopeful.

P.S. I got home tonight to find that even her Adultwork profile has been deleted. Crikey, if she didn't want to see me, all she had to do was to say she was busy :eek::D!

After a lot of preparation, disassembling a double bed, removing old faded carpet, swapping a shift to the weekend, had a carpet fitter visit this morning - and boy does the bedroom in question look fine with the sun coming through the blinds on the newly acquired shag pile . . . . and then I find out the door won't close.

For about 5 minutes I thought 'I wish I wasn't single, and someone could hug me and say it's all going to be all right'.

Then I thought ner, would a real partner really treat you how you wanted to be treated in that brief abject moment? probably not, probably take the mick for your lack of planning or not owning a planer. A bottle of wine, a visit to this sight, and a call to someone with a planer and life is :eek: again

Good day?Well yes meet two lovely clients today - one new one not quite so new. I've been to the gym and upped my weights on a few lifts. Picked up a parcel full of stockings, cooked myself a healthy tea (ok Dinner to most here), had some personal time with relatives and friends. Spent a lot of today with a smile on my face, laughed more than a few times and felt good to be alive. Oh and the sun came out during the afternoon.

Eaten well, exercised, sexercised and relaxercised. All ready for a nice sleep and tomorrow.

Finished work and went to the local university. Ate in the refactory and then read a book on Egyptology on the great lawn. Then went to the film club to see Up in the air with Georgous George. I felt 21 again