Hornyscot

Edinburgh - WARNING !

17 posts in this topic

Date: 20 May 2010

A RETIRED police inspector was forced to quit his civilian police job after undercover officers caught him at a sex sauna, it was reported today.

The former cop, who had been taken back on as an administration worker, was spotted at the Edinburgh sauna when he drove there in an unmarked police car on his lunch break from Lothian and Borders Police HQ.

He was not aware that the sauna - a known brothel - was being monitored in a surveillance operation. One police officer recognised the car and tailed it back to the force's Fettes HQ.

The man resigned after the incident last month to avoid disciplinary action.

It is believed he spent almost an hour in the sauna.

He only became a target when he got back in his car, which had been identified by police.

A Lothian and Borders Police spokeswoman confirmed the man had quit.

Yes, but it is not clear that he had to resign cos he was at a sauna, it is more likely that he had to resign cos he had bunked off work. Quite a few police officers use the saunas, and are quite open about what they do for a living.

All he had to do was to say that he was just using the sauna cabin.

I think the interesting and potentially worrying thing is that they're watching one or more saunas. You could guess that intelligence gathering is probably a precursor to an operation, unless it is part of their anti-trafficking efforts.

If anyone is interested the scotsman's article on it is here:

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Police-worker-caught-in-sauna.6307512.jp

Does anyone know which sauna he was at?

Wouldn't it be more likely that he would be in trouble for using a police car for private purposes--an action frowned upon by most forces. Whereas he could have argued he had been to a sauna for legitimate purposes, he would have little defence to using the vehicle for private purposes. He resigned and was not sacked. He would, presumably, be on a police pension and not wholly dependant on the job income to survive. It was probably just too much aggravation for him to be involved in disciplinary proceedings over the car issue.

Why is that a warning to normal punters? Surely the warning applies only to Police who plan to visit the place when on duty?

This man was a bloody fool on two grounds:

He took the office car for a private trip,

He parked his/any car outside the Sauna.

The Polis are well rid of him.

Stupid boy, as Captain Mainwaring once said.

Date: 20 May 2010

A RETIRED police inspector was forced to quit his civilian police job after undercover officers caught him at a sex sauna, it was reported today.

The former cop, who had been taken back on as an administration worker, was spotted at the Edinburgh sauna when he drove there in an unmarked police car on his lunch break from Lothian and Borders Police HQ.

He was not aware that the sauna - a known brothel - was being monitored in a surveillance operation. One police officer recognised the car and tailed it back to the force's Fettes HQ.

The man resigned after the incident last month to avoid disciplinary action.

It is believed he spent almost an hour in the sauna.

He only became a target when he got back in his car, which had been identified by police.

A Lothian and Borders Police spokeswoman confirmed the man had quit.

The thing that most annoys me about this is in the first sentence. I know a number of police officers who have "retired" and taken their pension - lo and behold on the Monday following they are back at their desks as "civilians" doing the exact same job and getting a salary plus pension. These jobs aren't advertised - its "jobs for the boys" and should be stopped.

That's 'civilianisation' of the Job for you. Trouble is, at one time, when the balloon went up, all these box-wallahs could have been winkled out of their offices and made to turn to. Now it's 'union hours' and Elf N'Safety for them.

break down -

guy resigned - was caught using pool car for personal - thats not the issue. Who cares.

Big issue is that sauna or saunas are under survelience / investigation at present. We have seen what has happened to Glasgow - any saunas still open over there? or are we looking at this now happening here in the east and losing a very nice situation - prostitution that is for all purposes above board and semi legit? Id hate to think plod are planning on shutting them down and removing a very nice diversion that exists in Edinburgh.

What will happen if they do - when they do pounce will they be looking at lifting those in the premise? uneasy times ahead chaps me thinks.

THe number of saunas in Glasgow is dropping all the time. The New Blythswood sauna was the latest to close. The Police are regularly visiting the others until the close. The funny thing is New Blythswood only employed Scottish women so I don't get the police targeting them. Enjoy your excellent saunas in Edinburgh while you can. The councilors will be happy to shut them down, wonder what they are going to do with the increasing numbers of independants working in flats....

I thought saunas or at least certain ones were licenced to operate as such and therefore legal in my favourite Britsh city, Edinburgh! So if a cop wants to visit one in his own time thats up to him! Of course we don't know the subtext, he may have made enemies, who were out to get him in the force!

yes quite.I wonder what sauna it was? my gut tells me it was scorps or blairs st.

I am not remotely worried, cops love keeping saunas under surveillance, and are often in checking if the girls are all legit, dirty job but someones got to do it. Saunas are actually seen as an intelligence source. Mind you anyone who has a sensitive job should not punt in saunas, e.g. a sheriff or high court judge.

He should have just told them he was there providing free crime prevention advice :(

The thing that most annoys me about this is in the first sentence. I know a number of police officers who have "retired" and taken their pension - lo and behold on the Monday following they are back at their desks as "civilians" doing the exact same job and getting a salary plus pension. These jobs aren't advertised - its "jobs for the boys" and should be stopped.

Why? It can happen in any industry, and employers may prefer to employ someone they know (And feel they can trust) as opposed to a stranger.