SEXYBLONDESURREYGIRL

The Private Message system on here :S

9 posts in this topic

I am posting this here as it won't allow me to post anew thread in `requests for information'.

My email inbox says I have several new private messages. YET when I go to my inbox, it doesn't display any, and instead only shows old messages even though I have `emptied' the inbox about 5 times in last few days, but they always reappear!

Plus, on some pages, it saus I have `your notifications: 18' and then on another page it is saying `your notifications: 3'...baffled, I just want to access my new messages that I know should be there!!!

Any private messages will also be sent to your email address. You'll have checked there too, I imagine?

Any private messages will also be sent to your email address. You'll have checked there too, I imagine?

Not necessarily, my PMs here don't appear in my email box.

Moved to right forum and flagged to Galahad to investigate

Not necessarily, my PMs here don't appear in my email box.

Oh, so why am I enjoying this special privilege then? I didn't ask for it.

Oh, so why am I enjoying this special privilege then? I didn't ask for it.

It may be because you didn't ask for it not to happen.

Look at - User CP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Private Messaging > Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages - It is an option.

It may be because you didn't ask for it not to happen.

Look at - User CP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Private Messaging > Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages - It is an option.

At moments like this I start to get that feeling of suppressed desperation that all attempts on my part to keep control of my life are slipping remorselessly away.

At moments like this I start to get that feeling of suppressed desperation that all attempts on my part to keep control of my life are slipping remorselessly away.

Don't suppress it, let it all out.

On 24/05/2010 at 11:34 AM, SEXYBLONDESURREYGIRL said:

I am posting this here as it won't allow me to post anew thread in `requests for information'.

My email inbox says I have several new private messages. YET when I go to my inbox, it doesn't display any, and instead only shows old messages even though I have `emptied' the inbox about 5 times in last few days, but they always reappear!

Plus, on some pages, it saus I have `your notifications: 18' and then on another page it is saying `your notifications: 3'...baffled, I just want to access my new messages that I know should be there!!!

I did a search but this was the nearest similar problem, and and it was never actually answered!

I got a gmail alert that I had what I believe was a genuine PM from a regular on here that was on a thread with me.

I didn't log in on here for a while, but when I did there was no message. I would guess that PMs can be retrieved as long as they haven't been read - am I correct?

Edited by Siamese Tomcat
To make it better!