Ghenghis

Toutingitis

57 posts in this topic

WARNING

There has been a severe outbreak of TOUTingitis on this board in recent weeks and the Moderation team have plans in place to bring this under control with immediate effect.

Toutingitis is similar to Tinitus except that in the case of Tinitus, the sound which is heard is the ringing noise which takes any form like the whining or the hissing or the humming noise. The noise is pulsating in nature and sometimes is like the sound of the waves.

In the case of Toutingitis there is no sound but it is characterised by endless posts bigging up the tart in question in a mindless repetitive manner and to the extreme annoyance of most other posters. This also normally heralds an increase in whoremoans.

Please do not complain if we decide as a Mod team to isolate anyone found to have Toutingitis until they can be treated.

is it contagious? dont wanna catch anything that requires explaining to the missus ;-)

It appears to be so but limited to females at present. The male form CHEERLEADINGitis was cleared up by effective prophylactic treatment.

Damn now I can't join in that fabulous other thread and tell all those hunky guys that I breathe, live and dream of sex with them. What about the chatroom? Can I at least in there tell all the men how moist it gets me just thinking of being in the same cyberspace as them...? :confused:

Latest news update,

Reports are coming in of a possible outbreak of Toutingitis that has infected the chatroom, this has triggered the Punternet Health Automatic Rapid Response Team (PHARRT) into action, the Chatroom is now under close observation for any signs of new Toutingitis outbreaks, strict enforcement of quarantine rules will now apply, any member found to be infected and knowingly enters the tout control zone will be removed with a large barge pole (with extension) and placed in a controlled environment until they are free from systems and are no longer a threat.

Any toutingitis infected members are reminded that the deliberate infection of others to become Cheerleaderituises (just as unhealthy) will result in a nasty prolonged spell in moderation.

Latest news update,

Reports are coming in of a possible outbreak of Toutingitis that has infected the chatroom, this has triggered the Punternet Health Automatic Rapid Response Team (PHARRT) into action, the Chatroom is now under close observation for any signs of new Toutingitis outbreaks, strict enforcement of quarantine rules will now apply, any member found to be infected and knowingly enters the tout control zone will be removed with a large barge pole (with extension) and placed in a controlled environment until they are free from systems and are no longer a threat.

Any toutingitis infected members are reminded that the deliberate infection of others to become Cheerleaderituises (just as unhealthy) will result in a nasty prolonged spell in moderation.

Very good, still no guidelines though?

Hey no fair I haven't been online!! :confused:

Very good, still no guidelines though?

Well we have a quote in the posting rules;

"Solicitation by prostitutes or their agents - this includes posting web page links and posting adverts thinly disguised as enquiries."

We also have posted;

"Posting worthless messages which contribute nothing meaningful"

so we are pretty much covered....

So if a post happens to read;

What colour shoes do punters like?

"Hi punterneters I'm new here! and as I'm gagging for it I have decided to tour starting in Grimsby whats the best colour shoes for when we meet?"

The magic word is meaningfull, that goes for both Punters and service providers, just posting rubbish to get your post count up or to get out of pre-mod don't cut the mustard, we are here to inform, education and entertain.

Guidelines?

Probably easier for a list to be published of what we are allowed to post about these days as it will certainly be a lot smaller than the increasingly huge list of things we are not allowed to post about seeing as we all obviously have the mental age of small children and continually need to be disciplined. :confused: Talk about big brother, sheesh.

Probably easier for a list to be published of what we are allowed to post about these days as it will certainly be a lot smaller than the increasingly huge list of things we are not allowed to post about seeing as we all obviously have the mental age of small children and continually need to be disciplined. :( Talk about big brother, sheesh.

Unfortunately it is difficult to reply to posts like this without resorting to phrases that involve sex and travel.

*takes deep breaths and exhales slowly*

I tried taking a humourous approach to letting some of the ladies know that their excessive touting is getting on a lot of people's tits and that the Mods are getting a load of valid complaints about it.

Now some people have had a laugh, others probably have taken the point and changed posting styles a little, some will continue touting, get pinged and then will wonder why they were not warned ( :confused: ).

One last, smaller group, will have yet another thing to whine on about.

There is a phenomenally large number of things that you can post about here as can be seen by the thousands of posts per week on all manner of subjects. There are a very few subjects that cannot be discussed. There are also posting styles that are discouraged and this is done mainly to stop flame wars breaking out.

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time.

WARNING

There has been a severe outbreak of TOUTingitis on this board in recent weeks and the Moderation team have plans in place to bring this under control with immediate effect.

Toutingitis is similar to Tinitus except that in the case of Tinitus, the sound which is heard is the ringing noise which takes any form like the whining or the hissing or the humming noise. The noise is pulsating in nature and sometimes is like the sound of the waves.

In the case of Toutingitis there is no sound but it is characterised by endless posts bigging up the tart in question in a mindless repetitive manner and to the extreme annoyance of most other posters. This also normally heralds an increase in whoremoans.

Please do not complain if we decide as a Mod team to isolate anyone found to have Toutingitis until they can be treated.

Please feel free to berate me if I'm wrong.

I like your aptitude for inventing catchy names but the 'itus' and the 'itis' are not from the same nomenclatures are they? There is no inflamation with Tinnitus.

Surely this should have been Toutinnitus.

Sorry for being pedantic but just a thought.

Please feel free to berate me if I'm wrong.

I like your aptitude for inventing catchy names but the 'itus' and the 'itis' are not from the same nomenclatures are they? There is no inflamation with Tinnitus.

Surely this should have been Toutinnitus.

Sorry for being pedantic but just a thought.

Thank you, I am sure you must be right.

OK, we all know HOW to tout, thus it makes Strawberry's question redundant.

Lets just note that its in need of lessening.

Well we have a quote in the posting rules;

"Solicitation by prostitutes or their agents - this includes posting web page links and posting adverts thinly disguised as enquiries."

We also have posted;

"Posting worthless messages which contribute nothing meaningful"

so we are pretty much covered....

So if a post happens to read;

What colour shoes do punters like?

"Hi punterneters I'm new here! and as I'm gagging for it I have decided to tour starting in Grimsby whats the best colour shoes for when we meet?"

The magic word is meaningfull, that goes for both Punters and service providers, just posting rubbish to get your post count up or to get out of pre-mod don't cut the mustard, we are here to inform, education and entertain.

Sorry to bang on, but I don't see how you these rules apply to the chatroom, where tbh most of the chat is fairly meaningless a lot of the time.

Sorry to bang on, but I don't see how you these rules apply to the chatroom, where tbh most of the chat is fairly meaningless a lot of the time.

The rules apply even more in chat as its in real time, in targeting the punters "I'm gagging for it" type posts or in private one to one chat, touting is going on and its not fair on our ladies that play by the rules and enjoy the social side of PN.

WARNING

Actually, I have Tinitus. Was diagnosed at about 7 years old. My "noise" is not a whinning, waves, hissing, or of a pulsating nature, it's just a continuous high pitch sound (similar to old TV sets when the programmes had finished). As I've got older the pitch has increased, indeed the last couple of years its become most annoying as previously the everyday hustle and bustle seemed to hide it and was only noticeable in the quiet. Now though it is much louder and can hear it 24/7. I've never really known what absolute silence is like, think it has a lot to do with me being a "night" person, by being out and about or watching TV till the early hours is much better than lying in bed trying to get to sleep.

Now, where were we? Oh yes, touting, shocking isn't it.:confused:

But if we scream TOUT TOUT WATCH OUT A TOUT first surely its ok, that way people who dont like touting can ensure they definatley do not read the post therefore are not offended:p;):D:D:D

(just joking for those with nothing better to do than wait for something from me to quote lol)

The rules apply even more in chat as its in real time, in targeting the punters "I'm gagging for it" type posts or in private one to one chat, touting is going on and its not fair on our ladies that play by the rules and enjoy the social side of PN.

Funny how it all quietens down when a chatroom mod goes in. :D

Wish I was a moderator with nothing better to do than whinge after posts.

Everyone who reads this is an adult and quite capable of forming their own opinion on any subject mentioned.

Apparently we got rid of Gordon Brown's nanny state in the rest of the country, but we need protecting for touting and cheerleading on a forum.

Wish I was a moderator with nothing better to do than whinge after posts.

Everyone who reads this is an adult and quite capable of forming their own opinion on any subject mentioned.

Apparently we got rid of Gordon Brown's nanny state in the rest of the country, but we need protecting for touting and cheerleading on a forum.

But whereas if we didn't like the government the only choice was to emigrate, here if we can't accept the rules we can just beggar off somewhere else.

I have to say that in some ways I agree with you; I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised, but actually I am, that posts are being reported as, for the want of another word, advertisements/soliciting. Ok so they are advertisements/soliciting, so what? I do not have a television, but as I understand it on this thing called a television there are such things as advertisements and during these advertisements people go and make a cup of tea, this as I understand it is what is known as "ignoring", if it can be done for television advertisements then surely it can be done for a dozen or more posts on a message board. It really is a funny old world.

I have to say that in some ways I agree with you; I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised, but actually I am, that posts are being reported as, for the want of another word, advertisements/soliciting. Ok so they are advertisements/soliciting, so what? I do not have a television, but as I understand it on this thing called a television there are such things as advertisements and during these advertisements people go and make a cup of tea, this as I understand it is what is known as "ignoring", if it can be done for television advertisements then surely it can be done for a dozen or more posts on a message board. It really is a funny old world.

Nearly a Classic. Is that For or Against Touting? :D

Funny how it all quietens down when a chatroom mod goes in. :D

Do you think so Laura? I hadn't noticed!

I've spotted the touting threads and just ignored them however it's not really fair on those who do mostly abstain from such behaviour.

Moving on I've really seen this board go right downhill this last week or so. A couple of threads have just gone off into the realms of yawning land as they turn into off-topic personal feuds.

It's made me lose the will to read most of the posts never mention the forum full stop.

It's made me lose the will to read most of the posts never mention the forum full stop.

Chin up! Stiff upper lip! and all that, just grit your teeth and wade through them, after all it must make the rest look good in comparison, and you'll feel a lot better for it I'm sure.

It's ok all is saved!

I've just read the "Experienced Punter" thread and it's very good, positive postings.

:D