Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elrond

The BBC politics show on Sunday

6 posts in this topic

Anyone appearing on this program? I had a direct email from the BBC today asking if I would participate. They must be getting desperate.

In their email to me, I was disappointed in that it was only looking at street sex, and conviction for 'using a prostitute who is trafficked or pimped' There was no mention of imprisoning street workers if they did attend exit courses, and no mention of closure orders on brothels.

Anyone appearing on this program? I had a direct email from the BBC today asking if I would participate. They must be getting desperate.

In their email to me, I was disappointed in that it was only looking at street sex, and conviction for 'using a prostitute who is trafficked or pimped' There was no mention of imprisoning street workers if they did attend exit courses, and no mention of closure orders on brothels.

I'd go on, in theory, if only to point out that the proposal IS NOT to prosecute for "using a prostitute who is trafficked or pimped" those two words DO NOT appear in the proposal. Controlled for gain could be said to be the same as "pimped" but the point is the word "pimped" to people at home does not mean "controlled for gain", at least not the definition in section 53 of the 2003 sexual offences act

is this the news programme feature to be broadcast sometime in march?

They are interviewing today, Thursday and Friday. The program goes out on Sunday, the politics show.

I replied about by concerns about areas that were missing from the program, see above, and had a reasonable response. i.e many WGs had already asked what control for gain meant, and how this would force them to work on their own.

They are interviewing today, Thursday and Friday. The program goes out on Sunday, the politics show.

I replied about by concerns about areas that were missing from the program, see above, and had a reasonable response. i.e many WGs had already asked what control for gain meant, and how this would force them to work on their own.

This program is a London and South East program shown midday on Sunday. There was a request to the IUSW for men to interview for a BBC news program, this is not that program.

The was a pice on prostitution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00j14qr/The_Politics_Show_London_01_03_2009/

About 35 minutes into the program. There was an interview with Julie Brindal, Nikki Adams and the Deputy Mayor of London. Julie constantly shaking her head like some kind of manikin when ever Nikki spoke.

There were some street scenes in Soho, an interview with one prostitute, and a one line comment from Pete a punter. On the email I got from the reporter, it appeared there should have been several minutes of interviews from the punters. Rather disappointing on the whole.