dramaqueen

Scottish Gutter Press Strike Again

27 posts in this topic

Read the Sunday Mail article earlier today Molly. It just seems to be a propaganda piece on behalf of Strathclyde police. After closing down most of the saunas and parlours in Glasgow it sounds like the police and media are now going after private flats. :)

The way they are carrying on they will drive the girls on to the streets and that's when they put the girls lives in danger....... I just wish they would concentrate on more important things in life and leave alone.....:)

The first link is surprisingly well balanced and reasoned.

Oh and are reporters still doing this?

Our reporter asked for Alexis to be brought back through and he was then shown into a bedroom which had a selection of sex toys and condoms lying on a bedside table.

Alexis then said: "It's £70 for half an hour and £110 for the full hour so which would you like?" The reporter said he'd settle for half an hour. Alexis said: "We'll get the money side out of the way first so we can just relax."

The investigator handed her £70 and she then left the room.

When she returned, our reporter made his excuses and left.

dont buy the bloody rags then

no readers = no income =no stupid hacks.

I see that Alan Cunningham, head of Strathclyde Police vice squad, said: "We found 528 vice dens in Glasgow, 289 sex flats in Edinburgh.....".

Are there no vice dens in Edinburgh, or sex flats in Glasgow ?

"Almost all the women advertised their services on a seedy website based in the Netherlands"

Wish I knew what website they found? ** is in Belize/Gibraltar.

Online doesnt have girls pictures, just some dodgy Asian "celebrity" whos family is riddled with scandals and doesnt seem to mind his property being described in a way that is probably libelous, which makes me think someone had their hand forced............

why are they looking?

what offence has been committed?

or are they brothels?

Another part of the 5 page spread:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/05/30/sordid-sex-secret-behind-the-doors-600-a-week-flats-86908-22297097/

Can't find a link to the Opinion column but the title of it is 'Help these women...shame the punters' which should give you a pretty good idea of how it goes. We are all '...damaged women...' leading '...the most chaotic of lives...' Men who pay for sex are '...sordid inadequates who should be arrested and very publicly named and shamed...'

I'm still mad :), can you tell?

Another part of the 5 page spread:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/05/30/sordid-sex-secret-behind-the-doors-600-a-week-flats-86908-22297097/

Can't find a link to the Opinion column but the title of it is 'Help these women...shame the punters' which should give you a pretty good idea of how it goes. We are all '...damaged women...' leading '...the most chaotic of lives...' Men who pay for sex are '...sordid inadequates who should be arrested and very publicly named and shamed...'

I'm still mad :), can you tell?

;) I know I'm inadequate, so how is naming and shaming, and arresting me really going to help me in any way to become an "adequate" citizen?

had to laugh to see a certain mr kohli being caught as one of the landlords.

he is a bit of right c@@@ with the "see me, i'm on the telly attitude" and he has previous with the council for having substandard flats being rented out.

The interesting statistic I read in the article was that the Government are losing £3 billion in lost taxes. Think how much more money they would make if it was legalised, we would pay off the deficit in a few years.:)

Its all about the money - The saunas in Glasgow are now dead and they are heading for the flats and going to close them down - its going to be a terrible situation to be in as if you go to a flat then you run the risk of being caught. Think that outcall is going to be the way to go.

Its not morals its money - they cant stand it when there is a trade that they cant sipon off thier take makes em as mad as hell.

Simple solution legalise it and have it in proper locations. control and manage it as it should be and take away the negative side of it.

An Asian restaurant worker, who leased an apartment under the name Kenny Smith, had four Thai girls working as prostitutes at a flat in College Street in the trendy Merchant City.

Lol, I remember going to this one very recently...

In Albion Street, DeLucas has been leasing a flat from Principal Apartments for the last two weeks.

She lures punters with sexy photos on the internet, calls herself Giselle and describes herself as an "Italian goddess".

And this one....

"Almost all the women advertised their services on a seedy website based in the Netherlands"

Anyone know?

Giselle seems to have disappeared too:(

Men who pay for sex are '...sordid inadequates who should be arrested and very publicly named and shamed...'

If that happened, all the call girls would lose their jobs.

What the antis don't understand is that Prostitution empowers Women, after all, there is a continuous cycle of wealth transfer from the men to the women.

Deep down it's all about the money, what the antis really want is to tax all the girls' undeclared income but you can't have complete taxation without complete legalisation and you can't have that without regulation.

Regulation of prostitution, by its very nature, would be strict, and I think most girls would resent the intrusion into their lives and so would oppose regulation.

Nothing will change therefore as complete legalisation and regulation would be opposed by the girls themselves.

I see Mr Malabu isn't letting his 6 month ban from punternet get in the way of putting his views across then :rolleyes: !

why are they looking?

what offence has been committed?

or are they brothels?

I'm still at a loss as to how they are going to eradicate flats anywhere in Scotland. Whilst it's illegal for more than 1 person to sell sex from a premise, the law is clear that it is not illegal for a single person to do so. And I bet you that the puritanical moral police that are Glasgow City Council are regulars, as it's always the politicians that scream the most about something that are actually the ones doing it (see any number of anti-gay scandals in the US or UK and that their former leader, Steven Purcell).

An Asian restaurant worker, who leased an apartment under the name Kenny Smith, had four Thai girls working as prostitutes at a flat in College Street in the trendy Merchant City.

Lol, I remember going to this one very recently...

In Albion Street, DeLucas has been leasing a flat from Principal Apartments for the last two weeks.

She lures punters with sexy photos on the internet, calls herself Giselle and describes herself as an "Italian goddess".

And this one....

But are busts of these types of places actually about clearing up prostitution or are they related to the bigger issue of illegal immigration? It is worth noting that Glasgow has a horrible problem with illegal immigration and yet no organised task force to deal with this problem. Prostitution related charges may well be the only basis on which police CAN deal with this issue. As for Giselle the Italian goddess, it is also worth noting that many Latin American ladies may well be advertised as Italian in an attempt to evade the authorities.

The interesting statistic I read in the article was that the Government are losing £3 billion in lost taxes. Think how much more money they would make if it was legalised, we would pay off the deficit in a few years.:rolleyes:

And how do they work that out then? The government are whiter than white so we MUST believe what they say! lol

You can't NOT pay tax these days, if you own property etc it has to come from somewhere!

I wonder how much tax is lost by fake expense claims, backhanders etc? I bet they didn't work that little nugget out.

I think they should tax drug dealers, pimps, and people that use text speak in emails.

I'm still at a loss as to how they are going to eradicate flats anywhere in Scotland. Whilst it's illegal for more than 1 person to sell sex from a premise, the law is clear that it is not illegal for a single person to do so. And I bet you that the puritanical moral police that are Glasgow City Council are regulars, as it's always the politicians that scream the most about something that are actually the ones doing it (see any number of anti-gay scandals in the US or UK and that their former leader, Steven Purcell).

Like the police are going to let a minor technicality like that get in their way!

Anyone know?

Giselle seems to have disappeared too:(

Yeah I remember her saying she was returning to Brazil to finish the rest of her course, she was only staying here for 2 weeks anyway. What the media don't realise is they will make the girls lives hell by outing them, and in Giselles case, even printing her real name.

Also, no idea what this Dutch website is, unless its that collection of switch and bait websites you see using the same numbers and 07005 mobile numbers.

Their servers are in the Netherlands.

I am new on here can any one tell me where Ambassadors is, please leaving the county on Monday and want to see Annie before I go guys, please

where is Ambassadors?