scott1979

perfect punting phone coming

7 posts in this topic

The Nokia C2 is a big first for the Finnish phone peddler: it's the company's first true dual SIM phone, so you can receive texts and calls from two different numbers without the need to switch between them. Read all about this ultra cheap candybar right here, and see the photos!

The newly announced Nokia C1 has the option to tote two SIM cards at once, but you have to manually switch between them. The Nokia C2 however appears to be the true dual SIM phone we heard rumours about last year: it can be left on standby for both SIMs (One under the battery, one hot swappable).

For emerging markets, that means the Nokia C2 can be used by a whole family, making it a seriously cheap way to stay in touch, especially when the phone will sell unsubsidised for just

The Nokia C2 is a big first for the Finnish phone peddler: it's the company's first true dual SIM phone, so you can receive texts and calls from two different numbers without the need to switch between them. Read all about this ultra cheap candybar right here, and see the photos!

The newly announced Nokia C1 has the option to tote two SIM cards at once, but you have to manually switch between them. The Nokia C2 however appears to be the true dual SIM phone we heard rumours about last year: it can be left on standby for both SIMs (One under the battery, one hot swappable).

For emerging markets, that means the Nokia C2 can be used by a whole family, making it a seriously cheap way to stay in touch, especially when the phone will sell unsubsidised for just

Well it's a budget mobile and most people have higher-end phones for personal / work use, so I doubt they'll downgrade to this just so they can have duals SIMs.

Anyway, do you really need your punting SIM connected to the network all the time? :(

That's pretty cool!

I wonder if your able to switch off incoming calls/texts on your punting sim just incase your at home?

How about the perfect WG phone? Five interchangeable sim cards (upgradeable to a dozen) only comes in pink. Free handbag when you trade in your old handsets. :D

Each to their own, but sounds like a disaster waiting to happen for married/attached punters. How do you explain your need for a second number/SIM to your other half? If you somehow keep this feature secret, who easy would it be to forget which SIM was active and call your partner from this secret number?

I had a very narrow escape involving mobile phones last week - be careful out there! Think before you dial :D

I had a very narrow escape involving mobile phones last week - be careful out there! Think before you dial :D

Funny you should mention that because I had a bit of a run in with mobile phones only last week, A friend (for friend read acquaintance Mr Bloom) of mine bought 2 of those 3G (Video phones), one for him and one for his wife, he wanted to test them out first before passing one of them over so he asked me to give it a go, now neither of us had used "video" mode before so perhaps we were not using them correctly, anyway at the outset everything went swimmingly, we could see each other very clearly but the problem which I think is a slight design flaw, occurred when we actually started to speak to each other. My friend started to speak in the normal fashion and all I could see was the inside of his ear, I can tell you that although he has been a friend of mine for sometime I have never been that close to his ear before, It was not a pretty sight. Of course the same thing but in reverse happened when I spoke into my phone, his comments on the state of my ear are not for those of a nervous disposition. We pondered for a short time on how to overcome this defect and my friend who is nothing but resourceful had a brilliant idea.

Neither of us are what you would call experts in the art of semaphore but we do have a better than rudimentary knowledge and so I propped my phone up on my garden wall and my friend who happened to be in town at the time utilised a shop window ledge, although the "conversation" was somewhat stilted at times it all went surprisingly well, that is until my friends phone began to get blown over by a wind that had sprung up, we "discussed" the idea of him laying his phone down sideways and then he could himself lay down on the pavement but we soon rejected that as one armed semaphore is a trifle limited to say the least, as luck would have it our "conversation" had attracted a small but interested crowd around my friend and he managed to press a small boy into service to hold the telephone steady, as an aside I did notice that a couple of people in the crowd were shouting out helpful instructions to my friend, now I am not as good at lip reading as I am at semaphore, but I am sure that the word "bank" (or something similar) was said more than once, perhaps the bank has better window ledges.