Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biggee

The Other Site?

13 posts in this topic

I'm always seeing references to "the other site" and it's taken me quite a while to work out which site that refers to. Everyone also seems to refer to it's name with asterisks and other sorts of obfuscation.

Why? I can't find anything in the rules about not mentioning it. Is it some sort of running joke or is there some unwritten rule? I'm sure I'm not the only one confused by this.

I'm always seeing references to "the other site" and it's taken me quite a while to work out which site that refers to. Everyone also seems to refer to it's name with asterisks and other sorts of obfuscation.

Why? I can't find anything in the rules about not mentioning it. Is it some sort of running joke or is there some unwritten rule? I'm sure I'm not the only one confused by this.

I've never had it explained to me, but I think it's a bit like mentioning The Scottish Play in the theatre. Bad Luck will befall you. :eek:

Why? I can't find anything in the rules about not mentioning it. Is it some sort of running joke or is there some unwritten rule?

Yes, that's about it. :eek::D

You guys are only deepening the mystery! :eek:

You guys are only deepening the mystery! :eek:

Galahad has decided not to appear to be endorsing Adultw0rk but allows discussion of it is my take on things, but only Galahad or perhaps a Mod can confirm that.;)

You guys are only deepening the mystery! ;)

Evidently,if you happen to mention it,more then 3 times in one week..............................some of your bits fall off...............:eek:

Evidently,if you happen to mention it,more then 3 times in one week..............................some of your bits fall off...............:eek:

Yes, there are several regular posters on this site that that's happened to.

Galahad has decided not to appear to be endorsing Adultw0rk but allows discussion of it is my take on things, but only Galahad or perhaps a Mod can confirm that.:eek:

In a nutshell, no links, no posts that promote, no sneaky attempts to advertise.

You guys are only deepening the mystery! :)

This mystery will deepen further, be referred to obliquely for about 6 years and then, when the answer appears to be within our grasp, it will be brushed aside in favour of a flimsy copout ending in which we're all in a kind of romantic limbo until we find ourselves and can exist happily ever after. And everyone will be very disappointed, angry and feel more than a little cheated. :eek: Or is that L O S T? (Yes I am Kenobi, I am a sad geek and I have issues!) ;)

On topic, I agree with Smiths. :):)

This question is raised regularly about once a year. Originally many of the FRs for WGs from that site were found to be fakes and Galahad got fed up with deleting them. Also the owners of that site took/take no action to make sure that advertisers there were/are not scams. PN has an excellent reputatation thanks to G's hard work in ensuring that it remains so. He does not wish PN to be tarred with the same brush and will not be seen in any way to endorse it. Hence FRs can be posted about girls on there but contact details may not mention that site but can mention the WGs phone number.

also if you mention the name of that site or a A followed by a W it is detected by the software and replaced with ********

but it will allow adultwank, @dultwork etc

also if you mention the name of that site or a A followed by a W it is detected by the software and replaced with ********

but it will allow adultwank, @dultwork etc

I was surprised when I found out that this also happens in PMs. That was a bit unfiortunate as I was replying to someone who was asking what The Other Site is! :D