maxley88

WGs and the World Cup?

40 posts in this topic

I know a few guys planning on pulling a 'sicky' or taking the day off work on England match days.

Any WGs planning on taking the day off when the footy is on??

Any guys planning on going to see a WG instead of watching the matches?

having worked through world cup events before I have found that the only time work is effected was when England playing but great time to catch up on all the dvd's I want to watch.

No i am not taking any time off. I am planning on offering a beer and a bonk with the footy on the tv if they wish, see who can score first lol.xx

Edited by Chloe X
made an oopsy

This is my first time working when the World cup is on so I have no idea how it will go. If going by the first match on saturday though, I dont think it will have any effect as I am already booked up.

I guess not all guys like footy that much and whilst their mates are sat in pubs watching the match they have planned something a little more to their taste:)

This will be my 'first-time' too and I don't know what to expect. From personal experience I've always found football matches are a good time to do anything that would normally involve 'queues' or are difficult to get into, well most of the remainder of the population are all glued to their TVs.

Here's a list of things football matches make much easier;

1. Cycling(roads quieter)

2. Going to the car wash

3. Ringing any call centre regards bills, new insurance, phone/technical enquiries - was always a quite time when I worked in such places.

4. Gym workouts(you can end up the only person there - so like having your own private facility)

5. Swimming for same reason

6. Shopping (same reason unless is ladies clothing, in which case watch out for the football widows)

7. Getting rid of partners(presuming they are footy fans) for time alone

Anyone think of anything else?

I think when England play the world actually stops turning.

You can always be PULLED OFF at half time?? :D

I agree Divine......hopefully England will go all the way :D

I think when England play the world actually stops turning.

But presumably it wobbles a little bit each time they take a turn in a penalty shoot-out. :D

You can always be PULLED OFF at half time?? :D

I'm sure many posters know this true story, but once when the famously humourless Sir Alf Ramsey gave an England team talk before a game, he told Rodney Marsh "Rodney, I'm going to pull you off at half-time". Quick as a flash Rodney replied "Blimey, all we get at Man City is an orange." Not surprisingly, that was his last international appearance under Sir Alf! :rolleyes:

I agree Divine......hopefully England will go all the way :rolleyes:

Well, John Terry and Ashley Cole probably will. :D

No i am not taking any time off. I am planning on offering a beer and a bonk with the footy on the tv if they wish, see who can score first lol.xx

I have a strong stomach but I have to say a TV close up of Wayne Rooney would put me off somewhat Chloe. You may wish to rethink this and go for radio commentry only.

I feel FIFA is so generous allowing us in Scotland the privilege of losing on our own merits, whereas in Eurovision we are automatically upgraded to bottom place. I guess footie still has a sporting element, even in we-can-buy-the-best Europe. If only the USA learnt the rules and prepared properly, teams could go over there to lose to Uncle Sam - while some of the rest of us stayed home to bonk Auntie Flo. I shall probably celebrate The Big Match by going to the pictures, far from the madding crowds of pubs with macho men watching boys in shorts kick balls and hug each other. Unless Brazil are playing. In which case I deny all knowledge of writing this. :D

I have a strong stomach but I have to say a TV close up of Wayne Rooney would put me off somewhat Chloe. You may wish to rethink this and go for radio commentry only.

I'll be watching games but listening to the commentary on the radio. I think the Five Live team give superb coverage, as long as Alan Green doesn't spend too long whingeing about the ref.

It could have the makings of a great punt! One tells the wife you are off to the pub to watch the game with the lads. Instead you visit a wg who lets you watch the game, serves you beer and bacon butties through the game and throws in a half time shag and a final whistle shag if the team wins!

You stagger home smelling of beer and bacon with a leery smile on your face and a great alibi

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon butties

It could have the makings of a great punt! One tells the wife you are off to the pub to watch the game with the lads. Instead you visit a wg who lets you watch the game, serves you beer and bacon butties through the game and throws in a half time shag and a final whistle shag if the team wins!

You stagger home smelling of beer and bacon with a leery smile on your face and a great alibi

Just the ticket!

Haha, this is my plan but without the butties lol. I have already bought my ann summers version of the refs kit this morning...Come on Engerrrrland.xx

Haha, this is my plan but without the butties lol. I have already bought my ann summers version of the refs kit this morning...Come on Engerrrrland.xx

You can Referee me in the footy kit then, and ref our Midlands boys, that should put a smile on thier faces. :confused:

:confused: Men need only a few things to keep going in life and one of them is sex. the others are food football and lager LOL :confused:

Picture the scene, 23 hot bloodied physically very fit men locked up in a compound/hotel/whatever, without their girlfriends, wives, WAG's etc.

When they are not training, sightseeing, or in the gym, or playing on their Play Station, presumably they would have internet access.

Some have been notorious for playing away, but with a celibate lock-up situation (Capello's Colditz?) there is nowhere to express their passion (except presumable the hotel staff, who would have to be very careful when servicing some of the rooms).

Who knows, some may even log on here to see what they cannot easily have.

So for those of the 23 who could possibly log on here in their boredom, do any punters or W.G's have any messages (not defamatory) for any of the 23.

My own message would be to J.C. (good initials for a start). Hey J.C. if you do make it to The Emirates, welcome, and I hope you will add experience to a very talented team. And to S.W-P. and A.L., show us you are better players than T.W.

To all W.G's reading this, who, out of the 23, be your ideal punter, and why? Just think of all those fit bodies, and their spending power. Maybe we should ship a container load of you over (first class of course) and smuggle you into the Hotel secretly. Footballers with heavily loaded sacks would not be able to play football well, so you would be emptying the loads for England. Lie back and think.. .......

England expects...............

i think this world cup is very good 4 the business coz england is playing

against germany directly at the beginnig of the turnament.

so girls by some more tissues for the british men :):D:D

This will be my 'first-time' too and I don't know what to expect. From personal experience I've always found football matches are a good time to do anything that would normally involve 'queues' or are difficult to get into, well most of the remainder of the population are all glued to their TVs.

Here's a list of things football matches make much easier;

1. Cycling(roads quieter)

2. Going to the car wash

3. Ringing any call centre regards bills, new insurance, phone/technical enquiries - was always a quite time when I worked in such places.

4. Gym workouts(you can end up the only person there - so like having your own private facility)

5. Swimming for same reason

6. Shopping (same reason unless is ladies clothing, in which case watch out for the football widows)

7. Getting rid of partners(presuming they are footy fans) for time alone

Anyone think of anything else?

OMG forgot about that, the roads are dead, I went car hunting last time, the supermarket is a ghost town, oh it is bliss, no queues anywhere, even restaurants are better!!

Great thinking, hmmmmmm, can you hear my brain going tick, tick, tick! As there is a popular pub at the top of the road I do get quite a few phone calls before, during and after the match, as I am staggering distance, I know cos I have staggered back barefoot before, lol

i think this world cup is very good 4 the business coz england is playing

against germany directly at the beginnig of the turnament.

so girls by some more tissues for the british men :):D:D

Sorry mate, this is the 2010 World Cup we're talking about is it? By my reckoning England are unlikely to meet Germany until the 3rd place play-off!

... If only the USA learnt the rules and prepared properly ...

Not so sure of that, the US side that England will play on Saturday beat Spain last year ending a long unbeaten run ... England 'should' win it but US teams aren't all a joke these days ...

Now that is a great plan - we have a TV in our incall appartment in one of the bedrooms - all requests granted! (Apart from to change the channel!)