Guest bricktop

New iPhone 4 on the apple website

33 posts in this topic

Just been looking at this seconds ago. :D

Looks nice,

My contract will be up in September this year, so I will be in the market for one, I wonder what kind of fee's I'll be looking at ?

Having seen the promo video, it's sooooooo cool. Did you see that shite some so-called geek journo wrote in the Telegraph. What an utter knob - 10 reasons not to buy. I can think of 10 to make me want to buy, and his to were pathetic and smacked of desperation to get 10.

I am out of contract in a few weeks, so I might be going shopping. Depends on how silly O2 will be.

Please report back what kind of deals are to be had (if any).

Thanks.

Couple of early takes on the iPhone 4 from 2 respected IT sites:

Apple's Iphone 4 will trounce its Ipad

Superslim iPhone 4 enough to fend off Android?

It will be available from 24 June for those who are interested from Orange, O2 and Vodafone:

Orange, O2 to offer iPhone 4 on 24 June

Nice as it looks (and the screen should be something given the pixel density and IPS technology), I'd still go with an Android device, but hey. :)

B

The new iPhone is currently the only thing that can get me hard.

The new iPhone is currently the only thing that can get me hard.

Lol..... me too. how sad are we ? :)

If you've got a 3G don't go there. Don't even watch the adverts or look at the site. And definitely don't read this post.

The 4G has all the things that the 3G was missing that I would have rather liked. Folders for a start. So I can manage dozens of applications without loading and unloading them. Of course, Apple could have just added a playlist equivalent for apps, but why bother when you can charge folk te price of a new iPhone? And a x5 camera. And real multitasking. DOn't ask. Don't look!!

Folders is part of IOS 4 and is compatible with 3G iPhones! It will be available free on iTunes later this month. :D

IOS 4 Compatibility

I have just been offered an early upgrade to an iPhone4 by O2.

Available from 24th June - my contract expires in January and they will upgrade me for around £100. But understand that new contracts for iPhone4 not as generous re data as present.

if i understand the new features correctly then you don

Well with a name like yours, I'm not surprised you'd worked that one out :D

with the new multitasking feature

All the previous versions of the iPhone multitask perfectly once jailbroken. Just install the apps "backgrounder" and "proswitcher" from Cydia.

You can jailbrake your iPhone with a single mouse click using Spirit.

Anyone managed to weedle any contract prices from providers?

I called in an O2 shop today and after some round the houses stuff, the admitted they knew what the contract prices would be but had to keep it secret. You think they'd tell loyal customers a week before.

So looks as if I will have to Q on June 24, or 25 or 26... I'd rather know before hand so as to avoid wasting my time. The 16Gb is £499 as a PAYG from Apple, but that's no real help.

I just want one. NOW

Anyone managed to weedle any contract prices from providers?

I called in an O2 shop today and after some round the houses stuff, the admitted they knew what the contract prices would be but had to keep it secret. You think they'd tell loyal customers a week before.

So looks as if I will have to Q on June 24, or 25 or 26... I'd rather know before hand so as to avoid wasting my time. The 16Gb is £499 as a PAYG from Apple, but that's no real help.

I just want one. NOW

It doesn't seem to be a secret ... ...

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html

My contract expires Jan '11 and I have been quoted upgrade price of £102 but need to agree new contract at revised tarif.

I stupidly upgraded and renewed my contract last month, so won't be eligible for an upgrade to the new iphone for 18 months ;). On the other hand, am happy with the 3GS so maybe I should just stop lusting over something I can't have! I don't seem to be able to buy myself out of my current contract ala Capt Peacock..

Edited by Sarita
Typo

I stupidly upgraded and renewed my contract last month, so won't be eligible for an upgrade to the new iphone for 18 months ;). On the other hand, am happy with the 3GS so maybe I should just stop lusting over something I can't have! I don't seem to be able to buy myself out of my current contract ala Capt Peacock..

I do that all the time!

I do that all the time!

But you have an iPad! What more more could you possibly want!?

Edited by Sarita
misquote

But you have an iPad! What more more could you possibly want!?

I better not say!

I'm still happily running a 2G iPhone and whilst the 4G looks very tempting, I'm on a very good sim only contract and reluctant to give this up. May well look at buying a used 3GS, and transfer the contract, as I'm sure a number of 3GS phones will come on to the market as owners upgrade to the 4G.

I've just jailbroken my 2G iPhone courtesy of biggee's link and I now have a multi tasking 2G iPhone. Cool. ;)

Thanks for the link biggee.

Is there some sort of guide to help those of us who are not techies to understand what it does?

Also, is there a PC program that allows you to administer a jailbroken phone like itunes?

I've just jailbroken my 2G iPhone courtesy of biggee's link and I now have a multi tasking 2G iPhone. Cool. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link biggee.

My pleasure. I'm glad you found it useful.

Is there some sort of guide to help those of us who are not techies to understand what it does?

Also, is there a PC program that allows you to administer a jailbroken phone like itunes?

Apple restrict the iPhone so that it can only run apps which Apple allow you to run, which you get from the AppStore. "jailbreaking" simply removes this restriction allowing you to install all sorts of cool apps (through "Cydia" - see tutorial below) which provide functionality Apple don't want you to have (like a multitasking 2G iPhone for example).

How about this tutorial.

You can continue to use iTunes once your phone is jailbroken. Everything still works exactly as it did before, you just have the option to install extra apps through "Cydia".