Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenobi

iPhone/PDA/Blackberry? Help please.

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm looking for a device I can sync with my email and calender from my pc through my wireless network.

Can anyone advice me please?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

Hi,

I'm looking for a device I can sync with my email and calender from my pc through my wireless network.

Can anyone advice me please?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

Also look at android.

Open source phones

Also look at android.

Open source phones

Thanks Kinky, I'm willing to look at anything. I just don't know which is best and am grateful for any advice. :confused:

The HTC Desire smartphone is amazing. Got one for the wife a week or so ago and amazed how far these things have come along in a few years. The new iPhone 4 (released today in the US) is probably a better phone, but the platform is locked down (only apps the apple allow can be added) and around £20 more expensive a month.

I'd strongly recommend taking a look at the HTC Desire. Not cheap (tarifs around £35/month) or the handset is £430 SIM-free from the likes of Play.com.

I've got a Blackberry but not that impressed.

Hope this helps?

PS Not sure about synch via Wireless. I use a micro-USB cable.

My experiences are as follows:

Iphone very user friendly and easy to set up to use local wifi connections is required.

Blackberry - set mine up to syncronise over the air rather then require docking/connecting cable, hence calender and emails always available on the blackberry. Blackberry web browser is less user friendly then the iphone