starman

The 2012 Olympics trafficking hype has begun

27 posts in this topic

As usual where does she get her figures from? Just one example:

London MEP Mary Honeyball is calling for a Europe-wide action plan after an estimated 3,000 women were sold into the sex trade and smuggled into Switzerland ahead of this month's Euro 2008 football championships

Who estimated that figure? And how do they work out they were "sold" into the sex trade?

I've no problems with making plans to continue the clean up of street prostitution around Kings Cross, and certainly no problem with targetting genuine enforced prostitution. But IMO this is massively exaggerated to make the argument fit her own opinions. How can someone in that position be allowed to put forward such ill-informed rubbish?

We are all rapists and paedophiles! :(

What would you expect from a waste of tax payers M.E.P other than a load of rubbish and lies.Plus why have her as a guest speaker talking about something she clearly knows nothing about!

How do these idiots get voted for to then be allowed to spew out what ever crap they like???:(

The Ho-lympic Games

Gold, Silver and Bronze :(

The modern Puntathlon

Until late last night I was under a strict gagging order regarding the above subject, however I can now reveal that the British Olympic Association in conjunction with Sunni Tara Promotions and SaSfan Team Training are proud to announce that the 2012 Olympics will include a punting event, namely the modern Puntathlon.

For those that are unaware how the conventional modern Pentathlon works here is a brief description :-

The modern pentathlon consists of competition in five events in one gruelling day. Competitors earn points for their performances in each of the five disciplines: shooting, fencing, swimming, riding and cross-country running. The total points scored in the first four events determine the starting order for the final event, turning the cross-country into a handicap event.

The leading competitor sets off first and the intervals between that competitor and those who follow is determined by the points difference between them. Because of this handicapping system, the first three competitors to cross the line at the end of the run fill the gold, silver and bronze medal positions.

It is proposed that the Puntathlon is run on roughly the same lines as the Pentathlon, that is there will be 5 events with the final event being a handicap event. Because of the nature of punting I think that we will have to devise 5 separate but not too dissimilar events for both punters and puntees, I have made a stab at producing one possible event for punter :-

Punter event (Hunt the cunt/Find the lady)

This event is designed to test the skill of the punter in tracking down the incall lady and will mimic reality as closely as possible, the event is broken down into 2 distinct phases each with an optimum time limit, the punter is allocated an initial 100 points, a point will be deducted for every minute he overruns the optimum time limit for each phase, if his score reaches zero then the event is terminated.

Phase 1 (Find the contact point)

The punter will be placed at the designated starting point and issued with written directions to a contact point, please note that the contact point has been carefully selected so that the punter is visible to the lady thus ensuring that there is no cheating. These directions will of course be a trifle vague and will require interpretation by the punter, for example "Opposite the chippie in the High Street", when the unsuspecting punter gets to the High Street he will find that there are 3 such establishments, however none of these are the correct one, the one he is looking for is actually a Chinese take-away that also sells fish & chips which incidentally is where the lady always gets her chips from because she prefers the double-cook method of preparation (there is a vague reference to this on her web site, so look sharp). As an added complication the more the punter overruns the optimum time limit the more frequently he will get the "You have reached the voice mailbox of ….", just like the real thing.

Phase 2 (Find the address)

So now the punter has reached the contact point and can talk to the lady (allegedly), he will be given an address that he has to find within 10 minutes, these instructions will be issued once only and no further contact will be allowed. Once again this will be accurate but not precise, something along the lines of "Just up the High Street there is a road called Minging Rise, I'm the white door with the hanging basket, ring the bell for flat 4", this phase is designed to test the experienced punter to the very limit because no clues have been given as to even the rough location of Minging Rise, it could be on either side of the High Street and a quarter of a mile in either direction, over 50% of doors in Minging Rise are white and none of them sport a hanging basket (what the lady did not tell you is that it got blown away in the gale last week), look for the empty bracket, of course when you track down the door there will be at least 6 bell pushes (2 will be numbered, albeit heavily smeared and almost illegible), a point will be deducted for every incorrect bell that is rung.

I am sure that the collective brain power of the board can come up with other events for both punters and puntees.

How do these idiots get voted for

It's called democracy, it seems to work that way, idiots get voted for.

What would you expect from a waste of tax payers M.E.P other than a load of rubbish and lies.Plus why have her as a guest speaker talking about something she clearly knows nothing about!

I suppose it helps divert attention from the allowances/expenses scandals and the foisting of a Treaty on many nations which was, partially, once a Constitution rejected by those who had the democratic right to give their views, rights that were denied to residents of the UK.

Westminster is bad enough, but Brussels is incredibly corrupt and even more undemocratic from any practical viewpoint. Somehow and soon we must find the means to extricate ourselves from that appalling organisation, but God knows how, parasites have never been easy to dislodge.

No doubt the horrendous bill for the Olympics, which has risen, predictably, by more than threefold and is still soaring, will be due to the need for all the activity necessary to deal with the sex trade.

Imho, the people involved in the European Parliament are every bit as evil as those who traffic in girls. The latter exploit and deny human rights to thousands whilst the former do likewise to millions.

London MEP Mary Honeyball is calling for a Europe-wide action plan after an estimated 3,000 women were sold into the sex trade and smuggled into Switzerland ahead of this month's Euro 2008 football championships

............................. ill-informed rubbish?

3000 ? I doubt theres room for 3000 prostuta horizontalis in Switzerland :(

Ill informed rubbish? Good question. My opinion is the imaginary figures stated are simply a tool used to cause or exacibate ill informed opinion on prostituion to a political end.

Of course the goverments of Europe and we in the trade need to do all we can to help stamp out trafficing, but sensationlising overstating and trivialising it by screaming trafficked or drug abuser at every WG in europe isnt going to help one iota. People will become numbed to it by publicity seeking politicians crying wolf at every male orientated event in Europe.

I don't believe for one moment 3000 girls are shipped in to satiate the sex mad footy fans in Switz. I dont think the general public do either.

I expect a few Swiss Indys may have toured though :o

Where will they put up all these trafficked women?

Will all parlours be expected to put up their quota?

Is this a form of illegal immigration that Labour will get their act together and actually stop?

More seriously will we be allowed to argue against the 'violence' is always present in prostitution which is it at the core of the radical feminist belief? - and which allows cheap politicians to suggest legislation?

I suspect that because Labour cannot shore up the defences of our nation against immigration HH will use the olympics to bring in her let's prosecute the vile consumers who rape these poor girls.

Where will they put up all these trafficked women?

Will all parlours be expected to put up their quota?

Is this a form of illegal immigration that Labour will get their act together and actually stop?

More seriously will we be allowed to argue against the 'violence' is always present in prostitution which is it at the core of the radical feminist belief? - and which allows cheap politicians to suggest legislation?

I suspect that because Labour cannot shore up the defences of our nation against immigration HH will use the olympics to bring in her let's prosecute the vile consumers who rape these poor girls.

I want to know when they're going to ban football matches! :(

They may well be banning a large number of male spectators to the olympics if they cant get some sex.

I daresay thousands will stay away when they learn they could be prosecuted for what may well be legal in their country.

More seriously will we be allowed to argue against the 'violence' is always present in prostitution which is it at the core of the radical feminist belief? -

You leave radical feminists alone- they play and important part in society making us ordinary women look more femminie and georgeous.

You me or anybody else in Europe will not be allowed to argue democratically in the future given European parliments stance on Irelands failure to ratify the Lisbon treaty.

Ireland -rightly or wrongly fought for freedom from British rule. They have now replaced that hard won freedom with a form of whats looking like Euro dictatorship instead of the expected democracy and a fair voice they expected of European membership.

They trusted the E.U. only for the treachery of the European parliment to show it form by dismissing the democratic Irish vote as a "hurdle to be overcome."

Imagine asking the Americans or Chinese to give up the political sovereignty the Irish and others have been asked to surrender, or Europe deciding they were not happy with a black or female U.S. president and demanding America issue a new vote or ignoring the present vote.

You can also draw pararells with the Mugabe regime.

Fact. Europe condems vote rigging in Zimbabwe and calls for observers to be introduced to ensure a fair vote.

Europe doesnt like the way a vote goes in Ireland so those member states who are desperate for further integration - including the UK under the guidence of Brown suggest riding roughshod over the wishes of the Irish people. Not a lot of difference between intentions. Ignore the democratic vote.

Brown even claims to know hardly any Irish voters knew what they were actually voting for. No wonder the Irish scorn the English as arrogant.

Good luck to the Irish I think we could learn a lot from the Emerald Isle about how the little people can stand up for themselves.

You leave radical feminists alone- they play and important part in society making us ordinary women look more femminie and george-ous..

Careful there Helen :(

There are many who say feminism is turning women into men, let alone Greek men in this instance

:o

You me or anybody else in Europe will not be allowed to argue democratically in the future given European parliments stance on Irelands failure to ratify the Lisbon treaty.

Helen, the Euro Parliament has it's share of problems, not to mention the gravy train merchants, but the real EU problem imo is the Commission and Council of Ministers, where everything is stitched up in a somewhat opaque manner. It was after all Barroso the un-elected "President" of the EU that started slagging off Ireland for voting the wrong way. Apologies for going off topic

The modern Puntathlon.

SASfan, this event appears to have been structured to be particulalrly suitable for takeaway delivery drivers.

Do you have an interest to declare?

SASfan, this event appears to have been structured to be particulalrly suitable for takeaway delivery drivers.

Do you have an interest to declare?

Bugger, bugger and thrice bugger! I thought I'd got away with it but I should have known better * sigh * Ok you win, you've noticed the barely detectable bias toward transportation executives, btw the missing hanging basket scenario is based on fact.

Careful there Helen :(

There are many who say feminism is turning women into men, let alone Greek men in this instance

:o

HA ha well pedanted :D

Whats this thread doing in here anyway ?

Bloody inebriated mods lol

Who estimated that figure? And how do they work out they were "sold" into the sex trade?

With reference to the World Cup in Germany I'm prepared to bet that there's something like 3 zeros too many in the estimate.

But new EU documents reveal that five women, not 40,000, are believed to have been trafficked into Germany to work as prostitutes during the World Cup.

Will those journalists who predicted that the World Cup would be a cesspit of sex slavery and abuse now withdraw their earlier claims?

"I stand by my statements," says Julie Bindel. "The EU documents are flawed."

What happens if the figures don't add up?

Exposed: the myth of the World Cup 'sex slaves'

London Olympic mega-brothels a worry for clerics

(Reuters Life) -

Church of England dioceses are to call for a government crackdown on human trafficking in the run-up to the London 2012 Olympics to prevent a repeat of the "mega brothels" set up in German cities for the 2006 World Cup.

Church members will discuss the matter at a General Synod next month following a motion set down by the dioceses of Newcastle and Winchester.

"We do not want this same kind of thing for London 2012," said the Revd. Canon Michael Webb of Newcastle Diocese.

"Anything like slavery is wrong, but as Christians we are concerned that this is not how God treats people."

The dioceses called for the government, police and officials to combat the "evil trade" of trafficking and forced prostitution through legislation and enforcement.

They pointed to the World Cup in Germany, where, they said, city officials adopted a "pragmatic" approach toward catering for the sexual desires of the estimated three million football fans who attended the tournament.

"Sex huts" or "sex garages" for prostitution were set up, filled with 40,000 extra prostitutes, while special licenses were issued allowing prostitutes to offer sex on the street, they said in a background paper.

Some studies however suggested that prostitution levels may have in fact decreased during the World Cup.

The dioceses also pointed to a campaign to legalize prostitution and brothels in South Africa in time for the 2010 World Cup.

"We wish to support and encourage H.M. Government to do everything in its power to ensure that nothing like this is allowed to happen in our cities," the dioceses added.

Up to 10,000 men and women, sometimes including children as young as 10, are traded in the UK each year, the dioceses added, with each girl worth up to 150,000 pounds a year to those who "own" her.

During the 2008 Euro football tournament in Switzerland, campaigners ran shocking images of human trafficking in between traditional adverts for beer, food and consumer goods to alert people of the harm and dangers involved.

Britain's Home Office (interior ministry) said initial risk assessments have recognized potential risks created by London holding the Olympic Games.

"We are aware that the preparations for the London Olympics in 2012 could attract criminals who seek to profit from the fact that hospitality, catering and construction workers are required as well as the risk of an increase in prostitution, including those who have been trafficked," it said in a statement.

(Reporting by Avril Ormsby, editing by Paul Casciato)

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE50K31520090121

London Olympic mega-brothels a worry for clerics

(Reuters Life) -

Church of England dioceses are to call for a government crackdown on human trafficking in the run-up to the London 2012 Olympics to prevent a repeat of the "mega brothels" set up in German cities for the 2006 World Cup.

Church members will discuss the matter at a General Synod next month following a motion set down by the dioceses of Newcastle and Winchester.

"We do not want this same kind of thing for London 2012," said the Revd. Canon Michael Webb of Newcastle Diocese.

"Anything like slavery is wrong, but as Christians we are concerned that this is not how God treats people."

The dioceses called for the government, police and officials to combat the "evil trade" of trafficking and forced prostitution through legislation and enforcement.

They pointed to the World Cup in Germany, where, they said, city officials adopted a "pragmatic" approach toward catering for the sexual desires of the estimated three million football fans who attended the tournament.

"Sex huts" or "sex garages" for prostitution were set up, filled with 40,000 extra prostitutes, while special licenses were issued allowing prostitutes to offer sex on the street, they said in a background paper.

Some studies however suggested that prostitution levels may have in fact decreased during the World Cup.

The dioceses also pointed to a campaign to legalize prostitution and brothels in South Africa in time for the 2010 World Cup.

"We wish to support and encourage H.M. Government to do everything in its power to ensure that nothing like this is allowed to happen in our cities," the dioceses added.

Up to 10,000 men and women, sometimes including children as young as 10, are traded in the UK each year, the dioceses added, with each girl worth up to 150,000 pounds a year to those who "own" her.

During the 2008 Euro football tournament in Switzerland, campaigners ran shocking images of human trafficking in between traditional adverts for beer, food and consumer goods to alert people of the harm and dangers involved.

Britain's Home Office (interior ministry) said initial risk assessments have recognized potential risks created by London holding the Olympic Games.

"We are aware that the preparations for the London Olympics in 2012 could attract criminals who seek to profit from the fact that hospitality, catering and construction workers are required as well as the risk of an increase in prostitution, including those who have been trafficked," it said in a statement.

(Reporting by Avril Ormsby, editing by Paul Casciato)

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE50K31520090121

That's ripe, coming from the Bishop, considering what unbelievable misery religion has inflicted on the world over the centuries - and still is!

and now it continues

BBC:Games may spark prostitution rise

The eyes of the world will be on London during 2012 and the possibility of damage to the reputation of not only the Met but London and the UK is considerable

Lynne Abrams, MPA

I posted this on the 'The Rest of The World' board a few days ago. A rather different approach on the other side of the world! :D

Interesting piece on the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8146782.stm

"An Olympic hopeful from New Zealand has opened a brothel in a bid to raise cash for a tilt at taekwondo glory in 2012.

Logan Campbell, 23, competed at Beijing in 2008, but has now opened a 14-room 'gentleman's club' after becoming tired of seeking funding from his parents.

To take the financial strain from his parents Campbell has gone into partnership with a Hugo Philiips, 20-year-old accountancy graduate, to set up what the pair insist is a "high-class" escort agency.

He hopes to take a couple of years off to work full-time on the new venture, before returning to training in 2011 with a NZ$300,000 Olympic kitty."

The modern Puntathlon

I am sure that the collective brain power of the board can come up with other events for both punters and puntees.

Well, there's always the long jump...and for those with plenty of stamina, the 4 x 400 relay. I might go into training for the 4-minute milf... :D