quitetallman

Costs and Quality of punting over last 10 years

32 posts in this topic

My 1st attempt at starting a thread. Like some on here, I also keep a punting spreadsheet which covers 183 punts in just under 10 years.

An interesting development is that the average cost per hour started at £97 in 2000 going up to £128 in 2009. This is probably roughly in line with the RPI but has crashed down to £86 per hour in 2010. Now this could be due to changes I have made. I tend to go for 1 hour punts now and I have discovered Manchester in the last year.

However not only has the price fallen but the quality has improved dramatically. Only 2 punts out of 40 in 2000 and 2001 included OWO, but 75% of my 2010 punts include this. I'm 10 years older but now getting French Kissing regularly. This is great news - thankyou ladies!

Is it just my punting behaviour and improved research via Punternet that has produced this or have other guys noticed a similar change?

I find that looking at the cost per hour is usually distorted if you make different length bookings, then you are not comparing like with like.

Some ladies might have a much higher 1st hour cost (say £150-£200) , but heavily discounted subsequent hours (maybe £80-£100) bringing the average somewhere between the two. So you could see the same lady twice, but have 2 very different costs per hour depending on the duration of the visit.

As far as "quality" goes, its very hard to quantify, and IMO cant be measured by which boxes are ticked on a services list, like a OW/OWO divide. To me its all about finding those ladies that you "click" with and who gives you that warm glowy feeling which remains with you 8 hours later. Finding out who you "click" with is rarely connected to thier hourly rate.

Can I just ask - do you keep orderly cupboards akin to the ones shown in Sleeping With the Enemy, and catalogue your CDs and books ?

Can I just ask - do you keep orderly cupboards akin to the ones shown in Sleeping With the Enemy, and catalogue your CDs and books ?

You forgot to ask if he had 7 pairs of undercrackers each with a day of the week sown into a label.

I am inclined to think that there has been a noticeable reduction in SOME ladies prices in 2010 - prior to that prices were stable over the previous five years. Certainly two of the ladies that I have seen regularly over the last three years have reduced their prices generally.

My 1st attempt at starting a thread. Like some on here, I also keep a punting spreadsheet which covers 183 punts in just under 10 years.

An interesting development is that the average cost per hour started at £97 in 2000 going up to £128 in 2009. This is probably roughly in line with the RPI but has crashed down to £86 per hour in 2010. Now this could be due to changes I have made. I tend to go for 1 hour punts now and I have discovered Manchester in the last year.

However not only has the price fallen but the quality has improved dramatically. Only 2 punts out of 40 in 2000 and 2001 included OWO, but 75% of my 2010 punts include this. I'm 10 years older but now getting French Kissing regularly. This is great news - thankyou ladies!

Is it just my punting behaviour and improved research via Punternet that has produced this or have other guys noticed a similar change?

What i would say is services have become more extensive in the last ten years, WGs have generally become more professional with more having good or better attitudes in my experience.

I dont keep spreadsheets but do know in real terms my punting has gone down in price per hour while the services offered have increased.

I am having wonderful time and the cost is less than 10 years ago and the choice is also gone up. I am very pleased about the trend and I am happy :-)

D

Ive punted since 1974 and heres how I view costs and what you get

OK

in 1970's hardish to find a WG, costs were higher and you didnt get what you do now for it unless you got lucky

Now loads of WGs costs are reasonable to silly prices and variety of whats on offer is wide

Ive acheived every fantasy several times over since 1990

All I want now is a hard up single mum aged 19-21 well stacked but slim. fully shaven and preferably carribean origins.

Oh must live 5 mins away and like older blokes...............

I find that looking at the cost per hour is usually distorted if you make different length bookings, then you are not comparing like with like.

Some ladies might have a much higher 1st hour cost (say £150-£200) , but heavily discounted subsequent hours (maybe £80-£100) bringing the average somewhere between the two. So you could see the same lady twice, but have 2 very different costs per hour depending on the duration of the visit.

As far as "quality" goes, its very hard to quantify, and IMO cant be measured by which boxes are ticked on a services list, like a OW/OWO divide. To me its all about finding those ladies that you "click" with and who gives you that warm glowy feeling which remains with you 8 hours later. Finding out who you "click" with is rarely connected to thier hourly rate.

Indeed. In my experience there is no link between fee paid and quality received in punting. Thats because a good or better punt is dependent on the attitude of the WG which is not something that can be bought, its either good, better or not. No amount of acting can disguise a bad attitude.

Some punters are sucked into the paying more guarantees better way of thinking which is a myth, i know as i have paid £350 an hour and there was no difference than when i paid £100 an hour in any way.

Finding a lady you click with or at least you believe you have clicked with is the ideal and this has zero to do with what they charge, its about your chemistry mixing with theirs.:)

I am having wonderful time and the cost is less than 10 years ago and the choice is also gone up. I am very pleased about the trend and I am happy :-)

D

Does that include happy punting with all the EE WGs on Adultw0rk that you have posted in the past are "controlled by others" or are you excluding them from your wonderful times?

How do you actually know they are all controlled by others? As a punter i have no way of knowing this, so how do you?:)

...and a bog-roll hanging from the inside, not the outside.

example which says it all

in 1974 I travelled to Yorkshire to see a WG who allowed A and other delights

Now theres one about 12 minutes walk from where I live where I get the same at far less money allowing for comparitive values of the £

NB I live just half mile from where I did in 1974.

I guess a lot has to do with the internet. I mean 20 years ago I imagined that I was perhaps one of 3 or 4 blokes of dubious character in my town that bought sex from WG's. There was nobody to discuss the good, the bad or the ugly with.

Fast forward 20 years and who would have thought with a few clicks of a mouse you can browse through a site like this with almost 12,000 members and discuss or compare any aspect of punting ? With a few more clicks you can view the girls photo, her prices and services without getting out of your armchair. How things have improved !

I've punted for 6 years now and would agree that in this time the actual cost of punting has declined and the range of services offered has generally increased.

No records to fall back on but in 2005 I considered £120 the av price for an hour with an indie in Northants. A couple of years ago it felt like it was pushing £130/hr. Now given it tends to the range of £100 - 120 I'd say the av is £110/hr.

Include the effects of inflation and the fall is larger.

As for services, I agree that things like DFK and A are easier to find.

Yep back in 1974 I never dreamed I pick my 'WGs holiday location holiday' ie a week away in UK by selecting the itinary off a thing called the web

wow

just wish I was starting out now

You guys aged 20-35 dont realise how lucky you are...

Just a couple of points.

1. Your conclusion about prices does not necessarily reflect an increase in prices over that period, just an increase in what you have spent per punt. It may be that price bands have stayed the same but as you have got older and, presumably, earned more you have been willing to pay for more upmarket service providers (I am not saying that IS the case, just that your conclusion is not sustainable on the evidence.)

2. Nor do you prove that the quality of punts has improved...only that certain services are more widely available. I would say that better quality punting comes, in part, with experience so the longer you punt, inevitably the better your experiences are likely (though not certain) to get.

3. I would agree that now AIDS paranoia has waned (incorrectly in my view, but that's just my view) many services that were not available or were less widely available ten years ago are more freely available now, from OWO to flat out BB. I think that is a change for the worse but, again, that's just me.

My general take is that in the many years since I first punted, I've changed a lot more than the half hour in a room has.

I've mentioned it elsewhere and am surprised others have not picked up the point in this thread.

I only started to look at the other site about a year ago and the norm for half hour incall was £60. Now it is almost the norma to be £70 and often £80 with no indication of extra services included and many the range of girls is wide, i.e. not at all all model types.

That seems a big increase that is only widening in scope as new profiles come on stream.

My 1st thread and it feels nice to have had so many replies so thankyou everyone.

To Melanie - sadly you guessed right. I also hang my clothes up in colour sequence, light to dark but I am not geeky - honest!

I agree that the emergence of these forums and widespread use of the internet has played a big part. Good ladies get published recommendations and consequently new clients whereas 10 years ago a bad attitude would not be as quickly or widely exposed. Therefore today, those who enjoy their work and provide a good service should find it easier to establish themselves and succeed in the business.

The internet has also made it easier for a working girl to establish herself independently without relying on those seedy contact mags that I remember. Hopefully its a safer world today - certainly off the streets - contact in those days would be by anonimous public phone box. All this may also mean that girls who may not have been tempted to get into the business 10 years ago are now getting involved.

Yes - I have probably adjusted my punting behaviour with experience.

1 other fact from my spreadsheet is that 19 of my 40 punts in 2000 and 2001 scored below 100 points in my scoring system. However, of my last 40 punts only 4 scored below 100. I know it is much rarer that I walk away from a punt these days feeling disappointed - again thank you ladies. I have not changed my criteria in this time and please don't ask me about my scoring system!

Aint the internet fab.

I've mentioned it elsewhere and am surprised others have not picked up the point in this thread.

I only started to look at the other site about a year ago and the norm for half hour incall was £60. Now it is almost the norma to be £70 and often £80 with no indication of extra services included and many the range of girls is wide, i.e. not at all all model types.

That seems a big increase that is only widening in scope as new profiles come on stream.

The norm was £60-70 for half hour if the WGs rate was £80-120 an hour, i didnt mention it because its not relevant to me, i wouldnt get out of bed for a 30 minute punt, but certainly some have put their 30 minute rates up to £80 while keeping their hourly rate the same. I saw one profile where it was £90 an hour and £80 for half an hour.:)

I guess a lot has to do with the internet. I mean 20 years ago I imagined that I was perhaps one of 3 or 4 blokes of dubious character in my town that bought sex from WG's. There was nobody to discuss the good, the bad or the ugly with.

Fast forward 20 years and who would have thought with a few clicks of a mouse you can browse through a site like this with almost 12,000 members and discuss or compare any aspect of punting ? With a few more clicks you can view the girls photo, her prices and services without getting out of your armchair. How things have improved !

Historically there have always been brothels - several hundred in Newcastle a century ago if I recall correctly and I bet many prizes and privateers had their own network of the who to, and who not to dabble with - it will have been documented but just lost through time.

Bet I would have had a really dodgy profile with sepia pics and lack of photoshopping back then.

Edited by Melanieabz
ha ha

Historically there have always been brothels - several hundred in Newcastle a century ago if I recall correctly and I bet many prizes and privateers had their own network of the who to, and who not to dabble with - it will have been documented but just lost through time.

Bet I would have had a really dodgy profile with sepia pics and lack of photoshopping back then.

Well given the >250k copies Harris' List of Covent Garden Ladies sold in the 18th century, that is prolly nothing compared to the number of bawdy houses/stews/gentlemen's clubs/brothels in the Great Wen down the years (and remember nearly 25% of traffic to t'other site comes from London so plus

Most of my punting was done in the 1980's when contact magazines were the only way to get a WG,unless you went for street girls.

It was a long,slow process and it really was pot luck if you met a good one that you clicked with.

Prices back then were £20.00 average for straight sex with covered oral.

No kissing or affection,very matter of fact meetings they were.

However,I did meet 2 or 3 who did hit the spot for me,one in Brum was at least twice my then age (25 ish) and only charged me £10.00 !!!

Happy days,I couldn't bring myself to pay the crazy rates being asked now.

I have only been a punter for about 7 years. However I know what parlour girls looked like 20 years ago, and the standard of looks, at least up here in Edinburgh has gone through the roof. 2o years ago the average wg in an edinburgh parlour was a single mother, with no o levels, poor to average looks, and a piss poor attitude to customer service, some of them even kept most of their clothes on. Thanks to ryan air, things are just fine.

All I want now is a hard up single mum aged 19-21 well stacked but slim. fully shaven and preferably carribean origins.

Oh must live 5 mins away and like older blokes...............

I'm intrigued... why a "hard up single mum" ?

I no longer keep records but i am sure that the cost of punting peaked in about 2006-7 and had been in slight decline since then - more providers advertising I think and new entrants offering what i consider to be more acceptable rates than some of the girls who like to think of themselves as a bit upmarket.

Services to me are no different, I have always been able to find what I want.