Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pollyp23

angle swindon

7 posts in this topic

No, its not a typo and actually there are quite a few girls with the name 'angle' on **.

Its 'Angel' dears!

No, its not a typo and actually there are quite a few girls with the name 'angle' on **.

Its 'Angel' dears!

Whilst we are correcting English spelling, and the difference between "Angel" with wings, and "angle" a geometric term, "its" is the genitive case of "it", and "it's" is a shortening of "it is".

Well anyway that is what I was taught by my English teacher.

Correct!

I wonder what angles Angle can get into?

Correct!

I wonder what angles Angle can get into?

Ancient briton looking at an invader form Northern Germany, walking along bent double from the waist.

'What's up with him?', he asks his mate.

'Oh! he's a right angle'

Whilst we are correcting English spelling, and the difference between "Angel" with wings, and "angle" a geometric term, "its" is the genitive case of "it", and "it's" is a shortening of "it is".

Well anyway that is what I was taught by my English teacher.

There's nothing quite so humiliating as making an egregious grammatical error whilst in the process of correcting someone else's literary shortcomings. Heaven knows, it's happened to me; these days, I take the safe route and give the whole thing a wide berth, the better to leave it to the real experts like Strunk & White. That said, the original observation was quite funny. I've always thought God had a fair few angles.

Perhaps they are Angles and not Saxons, Jutes or Vikings?

I suffer from dyslexia and a total inability to work the spellchecker here. So I forgive everyone's spelling and grammer. Just as long as the girls can count their fees correctly they'll do okay