oneputt

My Punting Pricing Philosophy

31 posts in this topic

I have been a member of this board for 15 months and a lurker for 6 years before that.

Over all those years, I have observed many many threads espousing the view that the fees charged by WGs are too high, are as subject to market forces and no different in economic terms to the supply of other goods and services. In fact, JRC and others are at pains to tell us that it is currently a buyer's market and a current thread declares that prices have dropped in the last 10 years (and I do not doubt it). There are even threads asking if it is okay to haggle on price.

Well, an exchange in relation to a booking that I concluded just yesterday with respect to a meeting with a lovely lady has reaffirmed my own philosophy.

Firstly, I never haggle. Due to my particular modus operandi (I like dinner dates - yes mock me all you like) I may seek clarity around pricing. But I never haggle.

Secondly, I work on the assumption that the ladies charge their time at a price where they are comfortable and happy to provide their services. If I haggle, I run the risk that I will receive a less than enthusiastic or even shit service because the lady is not really happy with the fee even though she has agreed to it.

I guess this is why I have always had good punts. NIK kill me.

Slay me as a fluffy. :D But I am no TonyofStoney:)

Oneputt

As Elvis Presley once said "Values are like fingerprints. Nobody's are the same, but you leave 'em all over everything you do."

As you I enjoy a pre punt dinner, kind of makes it a bit more personal and a nice build up to what comes later. Unlike you however I do tend to haggle. I usually end up with around 3 possibles and send them an email first, based on their reply I then move in for the best posssible price that suits us both :D. It is very often that I find I've picked a quiet time and a bird in the hand etc, or maybe it's just my charm.:D

I have been a member of this board for 15 months and a lurker for 6 years before that.

Over all those years, I have observed many many threads espousing the view that the fees charged by WGs are too high, are as subject to market forces and no different in economic terms to the supply of other goods and services. In fact, JRC and others are at pains to tell us that it is currently a buyer's market and a current thread declares that prices have dropped in the last 10 years (and I do not doubt it). There are even threads asking if it is okay to haggle on price.

Well, an exchange in relation to a booking that I concluded just yesterday with respect to a meeting with a lovely lady has reaffirmed my own philosophy.

Firstly, I never haggle. Due to my particular modus operandi (I like dinner dates - yes mock me all you like) I may seek clarity around pricing. But I never haggle.

Secondly, I work on the assumption that the ladies charge their time at a price where they are comfortable and happy to provide their services. If I haggle, I run the risk that I will receive a less than enthusiastic or even shit service because the lady is not really happy with the fee even though she has agreed to it.

I guess this is why I have always had good punts. NIK kill me.

Slay me as a fluffy. :D But I am no TonyofStoney:)

Oneputt

I agree entirely - if you consider a lady's charges excessive, just don't book her, no need to moan about it!

I agree with you also, I would never haggle with a girl over her price. Although I have noticed that girls will drop their own prices sometimes to meet a reverse booking on the other site.

I agree with you also, I would never haggle with a girl over her price. Although I have noticed that girls will drop their own prices sometimes to meet a reverse booking on the other site.

By a very considerable amount in some cases.

I have had several ladies reduce their price but I would consider it disrespectful to ask for (or horrors - demand!) a discount.

I agree entirely - if you consider a lady's charges excessive, just don't book her, no need to moan about it!

Exactly Captain. Go find a lady within the price range you are prepared to pay.

Biggee

I have to say I regard reverse bookings as an exception to my philosophy. I do not use adultwank and never would. I was almost going to say in my OP that my views may not be applicable to reverse bookings - mainly because the SP is taking the initiative of accepting the punter's price. In those circumstances, it is only fair to assume the SP is happy with the punter's suggested price.

In some ways I have a similar philosophy. I've reached the point where I've got what I need, and don't see the point in dying a rich man. Might as well spend the money, hopefully enjoy myself, and play my part in keeping the economy going.

But if you really think that not haggling about the price guarantees a good experience... I have to rub my eyes in disbelief.

It might be a factor that increases chances of a good experience. But its far from all the only factor... and even if you play all the cards you can... even then there are no "cast iron guarantees". Not in my opinion.

three occasions we would offer a discount - if the girl in question is already at the incall appartment, if if an outcall is to a very local hotel and she can walk there, lastly if the punter comes regularly and reliably, doesn't need directions - at this point we will also accept a booking by text too.

Otherwise - why discount to someone you don't know? and if you discount once he then feels you are obliged to discount the next time too. And that **won't** happen unless one of the conditions above apply.

David

In some ways I have a similar philosophy. I've reached the point where I've got what I need, and don't see the point in dying a rich man. Might as well spend the money, hopefully enjoy myself, and play my part in keeping the economy going.

But if you really think that not haggling about the price guarantees a good experience... I have to rub my eyes in disbelief.

It might be a factor that increases chances of a good experience. But its far from all the only factor... and even if you play all the cards you can... even then there are no "cast iron guarantees". Not in my opinion.

I agree with you too! There can be no guarantee of a happy experience just because you don't haggle. However, you are, in my view, reducing the 'risk'.

To widen the debate slightly, I do not believe that there is any correlation between price paid and service provided - I have had really good experiences at £90/hr and £150/hr (a figure that I am unlikely to exceed not because I can't afford it but because more than £150 seems poor VFM however good they might be).

I agree with you too! There can be no guarantee of a happy experience just because you don't haggle. However, you are, in my view, reducing the 'risk'.

To widen the debate slightly, I do not believe that there is any correlation between price paid and service provided - I have had really good experiences at £90/hr and £150/hr (a figure that I am unlikely to exceed not because I can't afford it but because more than £150 seems poor VFM however good they might be).

Thank you Captain. As I say, not haggling reduces the risk. The rest is all just up to being either lucky or smart enough to picking a good and otherwise reliable WG. It seems some of us are better at this than others.:D

Good post. There definiately isnt any correlation between price paid and service provided in punting which my 26 years of punting has proved to me time and time again.

When i punt i require the lady to be friendly and enthusiastic basically having a good or better attitude, haggling can spoil her attitude so i never haggle nowadays at punts under a couple of hours, i simply cut my cloth accordingly and punt with those in the price range that i find acceptable. Over two hours i find many ladies rates go down anyway.

By a very considerable amount in some cases.

this is indeed the case some girls who advertise at £1000 plus for an overnight come down to circa £450

Not in mine either. The nearest to a cast iron guarantee is punting with a trusted regular IMO, but as i like variety just punting with regulars is of no interest to me. The best you can do is limit the risk if you so wish by research.:D

Not in mine either. The nearest to a cast iron guarantee is punting with a trusted regular IMO, but as i like variety just punting with regulars is of no interest to me. The best you can do is limit the risk if you so wish by research.:D

Interesting - in general I find that revisiting ladies that you really got on with is a more relaxing experience and usually, because you know each others likes / dislikes / boundries, more satisfying.

Interesting - in general I find that revisiting ladies that you really got on with is a more relaxing experience and usually, because you know each others likes / dislikes / boundries, more satisfying.

I agree, the lady knows what i like and how i like it, but i also want to punt with newbies to me as well, variety is my spice.:D

I agree Capt also quite a few girls who work for parlours / flats etc will drop their prices for an outcall if arranged privately as they end up making more in the long run :D just need to ensure the parlour or whatever never find out

Nowadays, I tend to punt in the £100 to £150 per hour range. I've not noticed any correlation between paying more and better service.

But I have noticed some correlation between what I term "commercial looks" (i.e sort of looks that make a wide range of men say "wow") and price.

I quite often find when looking at agencies with a wide range of prices and ladies, the real high chargers do look stunning on the photos. (Mind you, anybody who relies on a photo is a more trusting soul than I.)

Nowadays, I tend to punt in the £100 to £150 per hour range. I've not noticed any correlation between paying more and better service.

But I have noticed some correlation between what I term "commercial looks" (i.e sort of looks that make a wide range of men say "wow") and price.

I quite often find when looking at agencies with a wide range of prices and ladies, the real high chargers do look stunning on the photos. (Mind you, anybody who relies on a photo is a more trusting soul than I.)

I find the so-called 'stunners' a little scary - I think that I may be afraid that I will not meet their expectations!

I find the so-called 'stunners' a little scary - I think that I may be afraid that I will not meet their expectations!

I'm always pretty sure that I won't ("meet requirements") ... not that it troubles me over much. I'll probably... just to remind myself how daft it is... go for a "fantasy" punt sometime this year.

Many punters do simply rely on a photo of a WG they like the look of, and book her accordingly with no research apart from believing the reviews she might have on the Agencies own site.

The reality in my experience is drop dead looking stunners are about in the £150 an hour and less bracket, i have punted with many of them. One place i punt at i pay £180 an hour as i havent yet had a bad punt their but thats my absolute limit, no need to pay more in my area.:D

Why do you think you wouldnt meet the so-called stunners expectations?:D

Why do you think you wouldnt meet the so-called stunners expectations?:D

I guess it's silly really, but I 'imagine' that the more stunning the lady the more likely it is that she will expect to attract the more 'active' clients and be more 'demanding'. I am probably wrong but for that reason I would not feel comfortable seeing them.

That is not to say that I have not seen some very attractive ladies!

I find the so-called 'stunners' a little scary

Same here, however for reasons different from your own, unfortunately I don't really know what my reasons are, all I know is that I feel uncomfortable in the presence of a "stunner" (my definition might be different from yours of course), and as I punt for my enjoyment and not to be uncomfortable, I pass on the "stunners".