SashaB

The verdict is in and its not good news

54 posts in this topic

Well just had the call from the solicitor. We are to be rebailed tomorrow for another week as the CPS are waiting on some paperwork and are not ready but have confirmed that they will be charging all of us at the next bail date although we still dont know exactly what with.

Feeling pretty gutted as Im sure you can all imagine, its only taken them 9 months to get here and while real criminals namely those responsible for the attack against us have had the case against them closed and have effectively gotten away with thier crimes, we are being charged for putting the safety of one of our girls first and dialling 999 in an armed attack.

As they say, there is no justice in justice these days.

Very bad news indeed. You have my greatest sympathy for what you have already gone through.

It seems when people in this area of business are involved in any external crime, you have to wait for dead bodies to appear before any action is taken.

Well just had the call from the solicitor. We are to be rebailed tomorrow for another week as the CPS are waiting on some paperwork and are not ready but have confirmed that they will be charging all of us at the next bail date although we still dont know exactly what with.

Feeling pretty gutted as Im sure you can all imagine, its only taken them 9 months to get here and while real criminals namely those responsible for the attack against us have had the case against them closed and have effectively gotten away with thier crimes, we are being charged for putting the safety of one of our girls first and dialling 999 in an armed attack.

As they say, there is no justice in justice these days.

May I suggest that you submit a poll on the Downing Street website inviting the Prime Minister to rename the Department for Justice to something more accurate like the "Department for legal affairs".

So sorry to hear that Sasha, it's bloody ridiculous. You're getting beggared about for doiing the right thing.

Try not to let it get you down too much. :D xxx

Very bad news indeed. You have my greatest sympathy for what you have already gone through.

It seems when people in this area of business are involved in any external crime, you have to wait for dead bodies to appear before any action is taken.

Well said.

Sorry to hear this Sasha xx

The way you have been treated is outrageous!

Chin up Sasha x x x:(

It's a disgrace and I'm so sorry to hear this. Such hypocrisy when there are real criminals out there.

Take care :D x

Thanks everyone. We will be ok, I wont pretend that Im not sick to my stomach right now, not because they are pressing charges against me but more because they are pressing charges against my partner and Val (a very good friend). I didnt just get myself into trouble I unwittingly dragged other people in with me and thats what Im finding so hard to deal with.

Its all just soo wrong. The police know all about those responsible for the attack but have continued to ignore thier presence. I will fight with every last ounce of strength in my body and if nothing else lets hope my case can be used to highlight the issues relating to the industry and finally put enough pressure on the government to do something about it.

SashaB

Really sorry to hear that crap bit of news. It seems so very unjust - particularly at the inital attackers have been let off.

and even now they are keeping you hanging on , seems like torture.

You'll have you day in court where you can make your views known , if that is your breif thinks that is a good idea.

I wish you well.

B

Sad news: bad news!

One of the "cuts" that the Coalition says it has to make could, with advantage, be a cut in the persecution of WGs!

Thanks everyone. We will be ok, I wont pretend that Im not sick to my stomach right now, not because they are pressing charges against me but more because they are pressing charges against my partner and Val (a very good friend). I didnt just get myself into trouble I unwittingly dragged other people in with me and thats what Im finding so hard to deal with.

That really is gut wrenching. Sympathy.

"Justice delayed is justice denied"... there's some truth in that. But there's also the fact that taking ages to do everything is very remunerative for the legal profession. And in the battle of justice v profit, I've never been completely sure which side the law is on.

Rotten news Sasha. It goes without saying that we are all rooting for you. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Really sorry to hear it is still dragging on for you Sasha. I cannot believe the people that attacked you are getting off.

I'm a bit worried when you say they are known but being ignored...it was pretty damn serious what they threatened.

I miss your upbeat voice on my mobile.

xxx

Sasha

Can you point me to your thread outlining the issues in this case so I can have a read of the history of this matter.

Totally unfair.

It almost seems like the law is concentrating on quantity and not severity, because it might be easier for them to meet their quotas, which if true, means their agenda is messed up.

Hopefully common sense will prevail, best wishes.

You would have to pick that article :D the weakest of the lot and that photo, arghhh. Our inclusion in this article was better put http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/body_and_soul/article7125757.ece

Oneputt I have PM'd you a summary of the incident. I have had a rant on the oldest prof so just cut that content into it. Once charged the newspapers etc. wont touch the story so I will be writing a blog over the comming weeks and months to outline exactly what happened at the time, what has happened since and document the case as it goes on. I have obviously kept my own notes as things have happened so I dont forget, as if that were likely given the circumstances but so much has happened since arrest it was needed.

A very rough timescale,

We are due to be rebailed until June 23rd when we will be charged with who knows what. We should appear at magistrates around the 7th July to be reffered to Crown Court. As a rough guide it will be October sometime before we get an abuse of process hearing and failing that it could be the end of January/Febuary next year before the case goes to trial by Jury.

We have plenty of fight left in us but we really need to know exactly what they are charging us with before we can mount a full defence. The CPS have yet to make thier decision on exactly what the charges will be, just that they will be bringing charges.

As a rough guide it will be October sometime before we get an abuse of process hearing and failing that it could be the end of January/Febuary next year before the case goes to trial by Jury.

I am so glad that you've got a solicitor with enough balls to mount a claim of abuse of process.

CPS, like all other set-ups, suffers from budgetary constraints. While they can, undoubtedly, apply to Region, and Head Office for extra cover for heavy cases, there has to come a time when, any naive idea of "justice" being completely forgotten, they reckon that there is no economic justification for hounding you any further. A point will come when their 25% of whatever the Police seized from you will no longer be worth going on for.

hi Sasha,

Very sorry to hear the bad news, these are the sort of circumstances in which i wish commonsense would just prevail!

Just signing in to say am also rooting for you. It's great that you're not backing down.

One has to wonder how much the real criminals in this case bribed the Police to look the other way or to lose evidence.........................

If the CPS won't do it, there is still the option of a private prosecution. The CPS will often take it over if it gets off the ground.

If the CPS won't do it, there is still the option of a private prosecution. The CPS will often take it over if it gets off the ground.

We need a line up and without an arrest we simply wont get it. We have two key eye witness's and a number of lesser witness's. We know where one of the guys works but he was just a footman, tying it to those actually behind the attack requires a full investigation.

Private prosecution sounds great but I have little doubt it will cost money and Im more concerned with protecting mine and others freedoms than going after these ********. They will get thier due's, if not in this life the next.

Im far more sad about the consequences of our case than worrying about the nasty ******** out there. Its crazy that these are the sort of people the police should be going after but they are more concerned with what they considered a straight forward prosecution. With assurances I basically walked into the police station and told them who I was, where I lived etc etc. MUPPET springs to mind :D

A truly appalling waste of time and taxpayers' money. But, chin up, note the outcome in the Claire Finch case in Luton.