degdilemma

Concern (or paranoia?) about STDs

20 posts in this topic

The service I usually look for is pretty much vanilla, just straightforward normal sex in a few positions, and OWO or even OW.

I do however get concerned that I would catch a STD - even to the point that I really want to see a WG but will put myself off from going purely because of this concern.

From all the reading I've done around this, it would seem that it is is difficult for a guy to catch a STD from OWO, but not impossible. The usual suspects turn up as possible infections.

Have you ever caught a STD from punting?

Or do you think you might have a STD but carry on punting anyway?

Or am I just being paranoid?!

The service I usually look for is pretty much vanilla, just straightforward normal sex in a few positions, and OWO or even OW.

I do however get concerned that I would catch a STD - even to the point that I really want to see a WG but will put myself off from going purely because of this concern.

From all the reading I've done around this, it would seem that it is is difficult for a guy to catch a STD from OWO, but not impossible. The usual suspects turn up as possible infections.

In 26 years punting doing OWO at most punts for many years i have never caught anything and go to the GUM quarterly.

There is nothing wrong with being careful IMO but all sex carries a risk. If the concern of catching something overrides your desire to punt then perhaps puntings not for you but of course thats up to you. I punt for fun and if i was as concerned as you i wouldnt bother as it would put me off and spoil my fun.

In 26 years punting doing OWO at most punts for many years i have never caught anything and go to the GUM quarterly.

There is nothing wrong with being careful IMO but all sex carries a risk. If the concern of catching something overrides your desire to punt then perhaps puntings not for you but of course thats up to you. I punt for fun and if i was as concerned as you i wouldnt bother as it would put me off and spoil my fun.

+1 on all counts, especially on the matter of GU visits. (I go bi-annually on the recommendation of the GU doctors.)

B

Let's put it this way - you are a hell of a lot safer with a professional WG than you are with some young lady you might pull down the pub.

Most working girls take their own health very seriously and do not take unnecessary risks. Most working girls also have regular tests done at the GUM clinic.

Perhaps avoid wgs that offer BB, as this is a risk. All you have to do is ask, and if they agree to do BB, then they are probably not right for you. I am not saying that they do have STDs as they may also follow rules, such as having regular checks and insisting the punter has had one too, but it is still a greater risk, which it seems would spoil your fun.

Another thing to consider is cuts. If you shave around your penis and balls and have a small cut, then it is probably best not to do OWO, as this is how if anything is not right, it will be transmitted. Otherwise it is highly unlikey you will have any problems.

Lastly, findout if the lady swallows or spits. Where swallowing may be nice, it is again just a little bit more risky. It's just damage limitation really. Nothing is 100% safe, not even with using protection, but take a few precautions and you can certainly make it less likely and put your mind at ease a bit.

Having been here a while, I have noticed that some of the punters have been punting for 20+ years and still appear to be alive and well.

I think that as smiths says, if the worry outweighs the enjoyment, don't bother. If you are happy enough with OW, then punting is almost risk-free. Why not stick with that if you are worried ? I'm afraid nothing we say here will diminish the real (but very small) risks associated with OWO and RO. Most of us (including the many laudably health conscious WGs on here) are happy to indulge having found the enjoyment vs risk balance manageable. I personally go for quarterly check-ups at the GUM, more for peace of mind than anything else.

P.S. I can't see anyone here owning up to having an STD and carrying on punting. That would be extremely bad form.

Judging by the number of threads and posts on this subject , and that of BB sex, you are far from alone in your concerns .

Being concerned , or indeed paranoid , about STDs is bound to take much of the enjoyment out of any sexual encounter , whether it is with a WG or a casual pick-up .

If it is on your mind at the time of a sexual encounter , and you find yourself afterwards examining your tackle , visiting GUM clinics and generally worrying about things , the question must surely arise , '' is it really worth it ? '' .

In my humble opinion , sex with a condom is 3rd rate sex , and does not compare with natural , penis in vagina sex , with no need for a barrier , which one enjoys with one's wife or long-term girlfriend .

OK , so we don't all have a long-term wife or girl friend , but I don't think that it necessarily follows that we 'employ ' a WG to fulfill this role .

One of the attractions of a meeting with a WG is that we decide on the sexual agenda , and IMO penetration is a step too far , whether covered or not .

When we meet with a WG , she will usually be out of our league in regard to our pulling ability in real life . Why not just take advantage of this situation and glory in the look and touch of her beautiful body in the form of a massage or other safe and thus worry free activity .

So , I would say that if we think of a meeting with a WG as a mere dalliance , a chance to be in the company of a beautiful woman , we would all be healthier in mind and body .

Agree with smiths and Northwind. If your concerned then dont or do as Mister says and just go for a massage.

Ive never caught anything ever and usually go for DFK, RO & OWO if its on offer. Even CIM. But I still get check ups regularly just to be sure.

But always steered clear of girl who advertise BB (even those who USED to advertise BB)

But yes there is a risk. Even thou its very small its still there. But you can catch an STD from a public toilet or anywhere these days.

I am sure the girls are more concerned than you so they are regularly checked......well ours are. :)

...........But you can catch an STD from a public toilet or anywhere these days.

I always thought the lavatory seat thing was an urban myth that circulated in the 1940's and 50's. It was the normal excuse given to the wife when you had played away from home and got a dose.

I am sure the girls are more concerned than you so they are regularly checked......well ours are. :eek:

But the point is, punters should be as concerned, despite lower risk to them than the other way around.

IMO everyone involved has a responsibility to ensure that risks are minimised. This isn't hypercondria or paranoia, just common sense but I'm sure some will beg to differ. :)

B

Being honest?The only problem I've had as a WG is when I decided to start using my roadbike again. That saddle left me unable to see anyone for a couple of weeks. Getting checked regularly and of course not practising BB intercourse is a very sensible approach, if you are concerned then ask the lady to cover you for O too.

Funnily enough a lot of guys don't think to have themselves checked - tending to leave it to the woman.

One thing I have been hearing is some men think the general 'health check' offered by GPs covers them for STDs, and so they think they are in the clear. Health Checks don't routinely test for this and you need to either ask for this yourself or visit the GUM.

As a closing note the only STD I've ever had, I caught from a friend I'd known at least 6 months, many years before I even thought of coming into this line of work.

It's about being sensible.

Most working girls take their own health very seriously and do not take unnecessary risks. Most working girls also have regular tests done at the GUM clinic.

Perhaps avoid wgs that offer BB, as this is a risk. All you have to do is ask, and if they agree to do BB, then they are probably not right for you. I am not saying that they do have STDs as they may also follow rules, such as having regular checks and insisting the punter has had one too, but it is still a greater risk, which it seems would spoil your fun.

Another thing to consider is cuts. If you shave around your penis and balls and have a small cut, then it is probably best not to do OWO, as this is how if anything is not right, it will be transmitted. Otherwise it is highly unlikey you will have any problems.

Lastly, findout if the lady swallows or spits. Where swallowing may be nice, it is again just a little bit more risky. It's just damage limitation really. Nothing is 100% safe, not even with using protection, but take a few precautions and you can certainly make it less likely and put your mind at ease a bit.

Having been here a while, I have noticed that some of the punters have been punting for 20+ years and still appear to be alive and well.

The OP has a concern about catching an STD, anyone offering him BB is definately not right for him, not probably not right for him IMO.

Where you say they may also follow rules, getting tested and insisting the punter does too, if they are offering BB any certificates or tests are out of date as soon as they punt with the next guy BB. Those that offer BB are outside of the advice given by any trained sexual health professional and should be avoided like the plague in my view. I would 100% advise any punter to avoid those WGs that offer BB, no perhaps about it.

Judging by the number of threads and posts on this subject , and that of BB sex, you are far from alone in your concerns .

Being concerned , or indeed paranoid , about STDs is bound to take much of the enjoyment out of any sexual encounter , whether it is with a WG or a casual pick-up .

If it is on your mind at the time of a sexual encounter , and you find yourself afterwards examining your tackle , visiting GUM clinics and generally worrying about things , the question must surely arise , '' is it really worth it ? '' .

In my humble opinion , sex with a condom is 3rd rate sex , and does not compare with natural , penis in vagina sex , with no need for a barrier , which one enjoys with one's wife or long-term girlfriend .

OK , so we don't all have a long-term wife or girl friend , but I don't think that it necessarily follows that we 'employ ' a WG to fulfill this role .

One of the attractions of a meeting with a WG is that we decide on the sexual agenda , and IMO penetration is a step too far , whether covered or not .

When we meet with a WG , she will usually be out of our league in regard to our pulling ability in real life . Why not just take advantage of this situation and glory in the look and touch of her beautiful body in the form of a massage or other safe and thus worry free activity .

So , I would say that if we think of a meeting with a WG as a mere dalliance , a chance to be in the company of a beautiful woman , we would all be healthier in mind and body .

I punt and enjoy a good or better shag with the WG, other times i dont shag her and go for DFK, OWO and RO, but i have absolutely no interest in massage, so i certainly dont agree that penetration is a step too far, up to you if it is to you, thats your business as me shagging WGs is mine, i shall certainly continue shagging as i have been for the last 26 years, i like it, its mainly great fun.

Maybe its passed me by, but I thought the issue of aids would have been brought up during the world cup. Thousands of single men having unprotected sex in the country with one of the highest rates of aids in the world, then traveling back home and having unprotected sex with their partners. Do the math. The epidemic wont happen, but its impossible having any kind of debate on this topic, to many people have made a good living and indeed their careers on portraying this disease as a sexual disease.

Most posters on here claim to practice safe sex, in the world of civilian sex, Safe sex is almost never practiced, and in the world of commercial sex condoms are usually the norm.

I guess my main concern is something like Herpes or Hep , both of which can apparently be caught though DFK and OWO/RO. I would never go for the BB girls - in fact that is an immediate turn off and I find it hard to believe that any punter actually aims for those.

I have been happiest after meetings in which sex is covered (as per normal) and OW has been the choice. OWO feels great, for sure, but once you've shot your load the aftermath to deal with is easier if you can walk away knowing you were fully protected (OW) rather than having taken on risk.

I've also never been tested. I would like to but am shit scared of going to a GUM and wouldn't know where to find one anyway. Any advice? :)

Let's put it this way - you are a hell of a lot safer with a professional WG than you are with some young lady you might pull down the pub.

My sentiments exactly :)

The initial query on this thread is deppressing and I suggest he avoids all WGs (maybe all women) and sticks to magazines (literally)

Ive punted religiously since 1974 done all to WO's and lots of stuff too awful to mention here, Ive enjoyed it all and just wish to carry on until my my body packs up due to other natural causes

Im just entering into equity release to allow me to cover more of the UKs sensational WGS before I am too frail to to be a punter

Incidentally Ive just come out oif hospital after a mini stroke and a DVT and two really nice blokes died in my ward while I was there- I am fairly certain neither of them punted

so there you go- you only have one life when its over its over too many folk forget that

Dear Dan R

Thee and me are very different folk when it comes to punting .. and I strongly disagree with some of your protection (or lack of ) philosophys ....

However, I absolutely applaud your approach to life

Sorry to hear about the mini stoke and dvt ......keep on enjoying your life and lovely ladies to the full... long may you keep it up !!! .................as I hope I shall !!

To the OP

.. take whatever precautions you believe are necessary.

Make sure you can sleep easy at night with what you do and who you engage with. ...otherwise its all a waste of time.

There are indeed risks out there, risks which can be minimised if you are selective and careful. ..

However, the STD risks are, I much regret, likely to increase temporarily ..........as our merry England supporters return from South Africa and start to put 'it ' about after early July when everyone returns home after England exit after the semi's.