adude1

expectations based on looks/voice

11 posts in this topic

For the WG's, after you've spoken to a guy on the phone for a booking, or even before that with dialog via emails, do you build an image in your mind of him based on his voice and the way he specks, like the way he looks? and how often are you right?

and guys, do you have expectations on how a girl will sound or be like when you see her?

I've made a booking with a girl and when she answered the phone, her accent was nothing like what I expected! i still booked an appointment but i was taken aback!

For the WG's, after you've spoken to a guy on the phone for a booking, or even before that with dialog via emails, do you build an image in your mind of him based on his voice and the way he specks, like the way he looks? and how often are you right?

and guys, do you have expectations on how a girl will sound or be like when you see her?

I've made a booking with a girl and when she answered the phone, her accent was nothing like what I expected! i still booked an appointment but i was taken aback!

I saw a lady not so long ago, her looks reminded me of Kate Bush or Audrey Hepburn, I knew she was from an area of the country where strong regional accents predominate, yet against all logic I found myself surprised when she opened her mouth and that strong regional accent came out! :)

I used to try and do this but soon learnt not to - phone calls, emails, texts can very often build a different picture to the real person. I simply take people as I find them these days.

Regards voice tone I've had a couple of guys be taken aback by mine and in a couple of cases where they rang when I'd had a cold, sore throat or simple caught me with a dry mouth after a good run have been a little wary. Yes my voice can sound quite deep at times, with a sore throat or cold very gravelly. At least two of those did go on to not make a booking/cancel, after saying they were surprised as my voice didn't seem to match with the image of the little gingery-blonde on my website. I always wonder if those doubters sometimes read subsequent field reports?and also if bait and switch hire someone with a very 'petite' voice to keep up the deception?

If a man phones me for the first time and there is not a shred of friendliness or

hint of a smile in his voice ( I know what I mean, I hope you do :) ) then it does not inspire me to see him.

That dour, monotone drone which some guys from a certain area way way up North even further than chilly Newcastle... tend to have..... puts me off seeing them and that in turn could make me lose my cheerful phone manner.

Imagining a look after hearing a voice is only natural of course, but it is more of a game we play, in reality it doesn't matter how they look.

No client has ever said I sound different to their expectations based on my profile/pics etc....

I am a Geordie but sound absolutely nothing like wor Cheryl, her telly voice is just awful in my opinion.

I doubt that would put you lot off booking her though if she was available, she is a lovely looking lassie.

:eek:

Iam always building images due to voices and guessing voices to pictures and I am always wrong LOL :)

Iam always building images due to voices and guessing voices to pictures and I am always wrong LOL :)

My voice would make you think of Barry White, Bunny; then my picture would turn the image to Johnny Vegas. :eek::eek:

A few (very few) have been confused about my accent because I sound English, so it doesn't really match my Asian looks.

I think the way you sound is often different depending on who is listening and what they are used to. Some people thing I sound posh, others think I sound country bumpkin, after a few ciders I probably do lol. Some people say I sound sexy, even though in my mind I am feeling far from it, but then I guess that is also down to how they are feeling at the time and what they are wanting to pick up on.

I do like a nice warm voice or a deep but soft tone. I wouldn't say the love juices got going with the sound of a high pitched mans voice, but then the reality can be far more alluring when it's attached to an attractive male.

I too can be put of by the words used and they way are in which they are used. If someone approaches me quite curt and matter of fact and asking questions abruptly, this can be off putting and make you wonder if the person would treat you well. This may indeed cloud my judgement and cause me to steer away from a booking.

I do and I am never right! I suppose you can't help but think they sounded young/old/sexy/whatever and that image stays with you till you meet them.

Likewise if I've Googled a client's name just for a bit of an extra security check. A month or two ago I Googled a client who was coming from abroad, his name came up on a very expensive car forum (it was a pretty unusual name). So, smug in my Columbo-esque investigations I thought I was going to meet a quite older very rich man with a Lamborghini. Turned out he was in his 20s and staying in the Premier Inn. Not that I cared but just shows you how wrong I was!!!

Couple of weeks ago I convinced myself my dinner date that evening was a reverend. According to Google he was but i couldn't bring myself to ask him and anyway how he learned to do what he done meant surely he wasn't a reverend!! :eek::)

some years ago i worked in a tv-postproduction facility and we had a small

audio studio as well. every time when we had a really sexy voice in our

house (male or female) our sound editor played it on our intercom.

so then the whole company went to the audio area to see who is coming out.

i remember that i always said that this must be a tall, slim, redhead.

unfortunately it never was :)

unfortunately for all the workers in our company (male or female) the voice

never matched the person who came out :eek::D:D

Leaving aside questions about ladies who get someone else to take phone calls in English, the most obvious response to this question from the punter's side is surely, "Why did it not click that she spent three hours getting ready for the photo shoot, applying make-up, wearing her finest clothes . . . whereas I get the so-called 'girl-next-door' who has simply showered and spruced herself up a bit?"

Those that don't habitually look picture-perfect to nip to the shops for a pint of milk might exclaim that it is unreasonable to go to such lengths for a mere hour's booking, but they'd spend more preparation for an all-night at a posh hotel maybe being treated to a 5-star restaurant and health spa.

Yet isn't it like when the shopper sees an advert saying, "All the goodness of sun-kissed oats" with Nigella in a slo-mo low-cut taking a rich oatbake out of the oven; and in small letters the words, "recipes are for illustration purposes only." It's a bit like the WG who said, "I'll happily wear a Dior dress if you want to pay for the new one."

In practice though, what I have found helps in my case, is to make a request about how I would like the lady to look. I don't insist, but at least she has an idea and has the satisfaction that she may have fulfilled my desires to some extent even before the door opens. And it is my taste after all. Some service seekers might feel intimidated by a power-dressed woman: or worried that her exquisite make-up and perfume might leave tell-tale signs for a wife or main partner.

Not me. I am quite delighted for a woman to be all she can be thank you. Bring it on please! :):eek: :eek: