vivluvsme

AdBlockPlus on Firefox

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I like the idea of reducing interference but does anybody have experience of this filter and a suggestion for a subscription that is likely to be useful and not too restrictive to slow everything down etc?

Thanks

The default Easylist works fine for me. Speeds things up as fewer graphics load.

I have this installed on one of my PCs, and to be honest I find it to be a right pain, with the exception that it prevents pop ups loading, although often to get the actual web page to work you have to allow everything which results in the pop ups loading anyway. I'd rather suffer the pop ups etc and curse them rather than endure the hassle of allowing pages/sites etc.

One for the truly paranoid methinks.

B

Hmm, two different views but thank you.

I will go with Bacchus because I don't want to add programs to an old under-memoried pc if not needed if not a definite bonus.

Thanks again.

Hmm, two different views but thank you.

I will go with Bacchus because I don't want to add programs to an old under-memoried pc if not needed if not a definite bonus.

Thanks again.

Actually I was getting confused, and was thinking of NoScript so aren't I a muppet, although I have used ABP in the past and IIRC decided not to continue using it for similar reasons. :)

Whatever, I think you're prolly right though wrt resources... I've found Firefox even without addons etc to be quite slow on older PCs (I'm thinking a 1GHz laptop with 512MB RAM for sake of comparison).

B

AdBlock is now available for Google Chrome if you'd like a faster browser.