Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markstevens

Unable to view most recent Posts

4 posts in this topic

Is it something I'm doing wrong or is it a fault with this Forum site ? Very often when wanting to view the latest comments on a thread that consists of several pages of comments I can't see the most recent ones in the normal way of selecting the topic. Instead I have to select the last commnetators id and look at their posts to find their last commment but then you don't see the whole thread.

Is it something I'm doing wrong or is it a fault with this Forum site ? Very often when wanting to view the latest comments on a thread that consists of several pages of comments I can't see the most recent ones in the normal way of selecting the topic. Instead I have to select the last commnetators id and look at their posts to find their last commment but then you don't see the whole thread.

I think this may be a hangover to the time when new members thread viewing was automatically assigned to hybrid mode (I think). More recently joined members don't/shouldn't have this issue iirc.

You may need to go into the USerCP settings, and alter your default thread view mode to linear (either newest first or oldest first - whichever you prefer). You may also want to change the number of posts shown per "page", I find that 50 or 75 is better than the standard 25.

Good luck.

Thanks for your prompt help, I've made the changes so let's hope it works.