bacchus

Observer Article: Should lap dancing be run out of town?

10 posts in this topic

A friend of mine is a lapdancer, and her experience is totally different to the girl in the article. She enjoys it, has fun working and can make a fair amount of money depending on how busy it is. The 3ft rule is a joke tho, nobody is going to pay £20 for a dance 3ft away. Every dance i have had they certainly havent been 3ft away.

Regarding the Policing and Crime Bill:

The Policing and Crime Bill, which includes this legislation, has now reached the committee stage in the Commons. It is expected to pass through the Lords and become law next month. Only there is a catch. Or two. For one thing, the proposed legislation is not mandatory; it will be up to local authorities to decide whether they adopt it.

Is that true for the way parlours and brothels are run? Its up to the councils who can reject it

I really dont see the problem with stripclubs anywhere tho. Thye campaigners always moan that they cause groups of lads hanging around them and causing bother. Ive never seen anything like that. The ones i have been to are very descreet and the bouncers dont let people hang outside them. Clubs cause more trouble than a stripclub ever could.

I really dont see the problem with stripclubs anywhere tho. Thye campaigners always moan that they cause groups of lads hanging around them and causing bother. Ive never seen anything like that. The ones i have been to are very descreet and the bouncers dont let people hang outside them. Clubs cause more trouble than a stripclub ever could.

I agree. When many pubs employed strippers for Sunday afternoons, I never saw any trouble, just men doing what men do.

Yup. I think men respect a stripclub more as they know they cant mess around in one. If they do anything they shouldnt do, then they could be in serious trouble. Also people tend to go to them before they hit the clubs, so are less drunk.

Hate the way campaigners and the Government are trying to stop people having fun, just because they dont agree with it. Whether its seeing a WP or going to a stripclub, i arent harming anyone so what right have they to try and stop it

Yup. I think men respect a stripclub more as they know they cant mess around in one. If they do anything they shouldnt do, then they could be in serious trouble. Also people tend to go to them before they hit the clubs, so are less drunk.

Hate the way campaigners and the Government are trying to stop people having fun, just because they dont agree with it. Whether its seeing a WP or going to a stripclub, i arent harming anyone so what right have they to try and stop it

You're right on both counts in my opinion. The bouncers outside the two clubs I went to recently were massive, although I'm not saying I couldn't have taken 'em down to Chinatown :D:D. Seriously though they were courteous and polite - I was on my own and they probably didn't think a farmer would be much trouble lol - but if a stag party pitched up really lagered I reckon they were more than capable of sorting out any trouble.

There is a trend with this lot (not that I'm political at all) to try and spoil the party. I had a great time and I think what makes lapdancing really erotic is the whole "no touching" thing - it did NOT apply to the girls using their hands and everything else though :D A drink, chat and some serious eye contact and writhing around made for an awesome and different night out. :D

Seriously though they were courteous and polite

Something you dont find with bouncers of normal clubs. They probably do have more drunken idiots to deal with, but the ones ive come in contact with outside stripclubs have always been friendly and polite.

The Policing and Crime Bill, which includes this legislation, has now reached the committee stage in the Commons. It is expected to pass through the Lords and become law next month.

Rachel Cooke must have been given duff information.

The bill hasn't even got through the Commons third reading and it will not be plain sailing in the Lords, so it is very unlikely it could become law in April.

That is so true, I have never seen fighting outside a lap dancing bar. :D:)

That is so true, I have never seen fighting outside a lap dancing bar. :D:)

even less so outside a brothel :D