Modus

Hotel booking

10 posts in this topic

Daft question maybe but do I need to tell the hotel that there will be someone else in the room with me??

I keep having visions of Fawlty Towers.

If it's an overnight then most hotels charge per person in the room and will want to know how many are there. If not, I don't think they'll be bothered. Realistically, you can get away with a lot. I remember way back when I was 18 and had my first threesome, me and my (now ex) boyfriend couldn't afford to pay for three people in the room, so we booked it for two and the other girl had to sneak in later. We were terrified of getting caught but I'm sure the hotel didn't give a shit! I also went to a comic convention with some friends the next year, and we had four people in a 2 person room to save money. We were there for two nights and the hotel never noticed.

Theoretically, the hotel should know how many people are inside, in case of fire. In practice, on the two occasions I've been evauated from hotels because of the fire alarm going off (one genuine fire) I didn't notice anyone counting the milling mob outside, nor taking note of room numbers.

Just make sure you book a double room. :P

With many hotels there is no difference in price between one or two people staying in a room if breakfast isn't included. City Inn and Ramada being a couple off the top of my head.

I only stay in hotels that charge per room. I always book on the basis of 2 people occupying the room, whether I am expecting to be on my own or not. I have never had any queries about the other occupier, whether there is one or not.

Daft question maybe but do I need to tell the hotel that there will be someone else in the room with me??

I keep having visions of Fawlty Towers.

Let's face it, anyone can book alone into a hotel room, go for a drink in the evening and get lucky... :P

Let's face it, anyone can book alone into a hotel room, go for a drink in the evening and get lucky... :D

You are always lucky Tony :)

:):D

You are always lucky Tony :)

:):D

Yeah right Bunny, and Noel Edmonds is always charming and never even the teeniest bit slimy and skin-crawling. :D

Book a hotel that charges by the room. I have only once been asked for the name of the other person - so have any old name ready in your head just in case.

Nearly all my punts are in hotels - never, ever had any problem.

Well just to confirm... no-one really gave a toss :rolleyes: but thanks for your replies.