East Anglian

I neither want to overpay nor underpay

19 posts in this topic

Advice please.

I have been visiting my regular lady for 12 years or more. I started at £60 per hour and somewhere along the line raised it to £100. I often stay 2 or more hours and we really enjoy each other. I have reciprocated and have lent her and her family our house in the tropics. Lately we have started to have long Lunches followed by time at her flat. Last time I left £150 since £100 seemed derisory for what was over 4 hours together. She has never raised the subject of £. I don't want to underpay but don't really want to pay the going rate if it isn't requested.

Do you know what she would charge new guys who wish to see her? If you aren't underpaying by an excessive percentage, then the rate which is being paid probably isn't cause for concern.

The fact that she hasn't mentioned it before would suggest that she is fairly comfortable with having you as a regular client, as that presents a stable income stream for her. Think of it as your reward for going back to her.

Advice please.

I have been visiting my regular lady for 12 years or more. I started at £60 per hour and somewhere along the line raised it to £100. I often stay 2 or more hours and we really enjoy each other. I have reciprocated and have lent her and her family our house in the tropics. Lately we have started to have long Lunches followed by time at her flat. Last time I left £150 since £100 seemed derisory for what was over 4 hours together. She has never raised the subject of £. I don't want to underpay but don't really want to pay the going rate if it isn't requested.

The relationship looks to be going above and beyond what you would expect from a WG. I think the lines have been blurred along the way.

Seeing as you've been giving her money for 12 years I would say you are entitled to some discount but its difficult to give an opinion on what is acceptable in financial terms because its not a typical scenario you'd have with a WG.

The relationship looks to be going above and beyond what you would expect from a WG.

I agree, now if the house was in deepest, darkest Billericay or Bootle, for example, that would be another matter, but in the tropics! No, a step too far I feel.

She's lucky to have such a loyal customer and should be giving you a loyalty discount

Advice please.

I would have proposed her 10 years ago if I was you...;)

Advice please.

Interesting ! The best I can offer in terms of advice is talk to the lady concerned about it. You obviously know each other extremely well and I am sure that if she was truly feeling under-appreciated or ripped off by you that she would either mention it or stop seeing you. However, as you do know each other so well, you should have little or no problem discussing it with her. It's always best to get these things in the open I find. Otherwise boundaries get blurred and confusion can reign.

It sounds to me like she may be happy with the arrangement you have together. She got a cheap holiday as you lent her your holiday home i am assuming for free and you have been getting a very good deal for 12 years or so. I would have thought that if the lady was not happy she would have either mentioned it or started to be busy when you wanted to book her.

Just let her use your holiday house every now and then and dont try to mend what does not seem to be broken.

P.s, as her rates are so low i do hope you pay for lunch and get her a nice pressy on her birthday and xmas.x

Say you used my holiday home, now how about a freeby

simple as that

(or else marry her)

(or else marry her)

He said he didn't want to overpay!

Say you used my holiday home, now how about a freeby

simple as that

(or else marry her)

Or he could say, by gosh girl, what a bargain basement priced, quality time you have been giving me for well over a decade, this is testement to your sexual prowess and shere gorgeousness, heres a couple of g,s for christmas as you are so obviously undercharging me or would you rather i take you for a little trip to cartier instead.x:D

I'm inclined to agree with Chloe on this one. If she was not happy with the arrangement, there are ways she could have brought it to an end or get you to offer a little more due to unavailability.

It would be nice for you to show your appreciation in little ways and let her know the holiday home can be used again if possible, but otherwise I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and just keep the status quo as it is.

Lucky you x

She's lucky to have such a loyal customer and should be giving you a loyalty discount

And £100 for two hours isn't discounted???

xxx

Pru

The relationship looks to be going above and beyond what you would expect from a WG. I think the lines have been blurred along the way.
I agree, now if the house was in deepest, darkest Billericay or Bootle, for example, that would be another matter, but in the tropics! No, a step too far I feel.

Sorry can I pick you up on a small point.

Leaving the price paid aside, for the moment, the client has lent the WG his house in the tropics. How can you say the relationship has gone above and beyond what you'd expect from a WG; what has the WG done above and beyond?

Surely you mean the client has gone above and beyond what would normally be expected (turn up on time, be clean, polite and respectful) by lending her and her family his home in the tropics for her and her family to enjoy.

From the way you write it, it reads as if the client has done wrong and stepped over the line! Perhaps it's just the way you wrote it.

Now, regarding the price, if the WG accepts the payment offered by the client and has never mentioned any different amount, nor mentioned the use of the holiday home is payment in kind, surely he is paying her excatly what she wants and therefore no upward or downward adjustment is necessary.

Sorry can I pick you up on a small point.

Leaving the price paid aside, for the moment, the client has lent the WG his house in the tropics. How can you say the relationship has gone above and beyond what you'd expect from a WG; what has the WG done above and beyond?

Surely you mean the client has gone above and beyond what would normally be expected (turn up on time, be clean, polite and respectful) by lending her and her family his home in the tropics for her and her family to enjoy.

From the way you write it, it reads as if the client has done wrong and stepped over the line! Perhaps it's just the way you wrote it.

Now, regarding the price, if the WG accepts the payment offered by the client and has never mentioned any different amount, nor mentioned the use of the holiday home is payment in kind, surely he is paying her excatly what she wants and therefore no upward or downward adjustment is necessary.

That was an attempt at humour on my part.

That was an attempt at humour on my part.

Apologies. So difficult to ascertain "tone of voice" on here.

Apologies. So difficult to ascertain "tone of voice" on here.

No problem, I agree that it can be difficult to ascertain the "tone of voice" on here, but if you skim through a few posts belonging to a particular poster you can usually see where he/she is "coming from", however to make it easy for you where I am concerned, if you make the assumption that any post from me is taking the piss/joke/general crap (which it actually is), then you wont be far from the truth.

if sha seems happy why rock the boat by the soubd of it shes getting 4 hrs with someone she likes sharing time with then getting £37.50 an hr [not taxed] i dont think u have a prob as long as u still enjoy her company and dont feel ripped off .

To be honest you cant really give out enough information for any of us to give you any useful advice . Is she busy with other clients, or semi-retired? Good luck anyway.