vivluvsme

twitter query (sorry)

12 posts in this topic

not a big tweeter but when i set mine up i had a pic of a friend and added a caption 'that's you'.

now i've take the pic off but cannot find any way to delete the caption even tho i can bring up its properties and see the coding.

any help much appreciated

thanks

vlm

Too technical for you, am I, guys and girls...

:D

Personally I've never seen the point of Twitter. I mean what can you possibly say of real consequence or significance in just 140 characte

Thanks for answering tho, Tony, always liked your posts and now feel less of a billy nomates technologically speaking.

Happen to agree with you most except it was the way to learn of HoD discounts and I now hear of news from a couple of other parlours.

More importantly I can hear news early about a club I support.

So almost entirely receptive - only tweeted twice ever - but am followed by Stephen Fry (yes, I think he's set to automatically follow the half million or so who follow his posts).

...what can you possibly say of real consequence or significance in just 140 characters?

To be or not to be? That is the question.

41 characters...

Personally I've never seen the point of Twitter. I mean what can you possibly say of real consequence or significance in just 140 characte
To be or not to be? That is the question.

41 characters...

I dunno, some people just don't appreciate satire. :D:)

I dunno, some people just don't appreciate satire. ;):D

nice one (i missed it too :o)

odd no one found my question so basic and easy to resolve though..

Is it in the "Bio" field on the profile page for your account?

<div class="profile-controls round">

<div class="is-relationship">

<span><strong>That's you!</strong></span>

</div>

Yes it's in the profile but there appears no way to change it there or in the settings section.

<div class="profile-controls round">

<div class="is-relationship">

<span><strong>That's you!</strong></span>

</div>

Yes it's in the profile but there appears no way to change it there or in the settings section.

I doubt you actually added that message in the first place. It's something that Twitter puts there to tell you, um, "that's you"...

See: http://help.twitter.com/entries/82408-the-that-s-you-message

Re the twitter doubters. On many levels, it is pointless. The amount of dross on there is unbelievable. However, it is a fantastic citizen journalist tool, especially in the big cities. Remember when the plane landed in the Hudson river? Reports and pictures were on twitter in seconds. It took the best part of an hour to get the traditional media on the scene.

It's also a great tool for dealing with big companies. They seem to take it seriously, and many get back to you lightening quick when you start bitching about their products and services.

That's interesting and hard to refute yet I am 'sure' I deliberately added it because the picture of a friend was not obviously clear and she was the only one I anticipated connecting with.

I will consider the matter sorted - thank you, ST.

I've just started following PunterJohn, quite funny. Not sure where he gets the money from though! Maybe I should tweet him and ask!:D