ladyofthemansion

Funny hotel stories.

50 posts in this topic

This is so funny. My friend is working in a London hotel today which has the keycard system. She is 2 floors up. She has tied 2 sheets together and lowers the card out the window to the punters so they can let themselves in. Have any of you got any funny hotel stories?

I managed to get myself lost in the service lifts. Some muppet had left the card operated doors leading to the lifts open and I just popped in. I did think they looked a bit tatty but thought no more of it until it dropped me off right in the middle of a kitchen full of Eastern Europeans. Not a problem I thought, will just press the button and go back up to where I got on and get back in the normal lift. Arrived back on my floor to find the previously open service doors now closed and requiring a card to open. hmmm.... back in the lift and down to the kitchen to practice my Polish then (how do you mime 'I am a guest of the hotel, please tell me the way back to civilisation'?) Nope, the service lift had closed at this point which, you guessed it, needs a card to open. Luckily I didn't spend too long in this lift lobby before someone came to rescue me but I did keep my head down for the rest of the stay.

This is so funny. My friend is working in a London hotel today which has the keycard system. She is 2 floors up. She has tied 2 sheets together and lowers the card out the window to the punters so they can let themselves in. Have any of you got any funny hotel stories?

Yes... Loads

And no-one has noticed this and thought something untoward was going on:confused:

And no-one has noticed this and thought something untoward was going on:confused:

And how exactly would you tie a bloody great sheet around a keycard?

I am ashamed to admit that I just sat here and worked out the diagonal length of a sheet (x2, -knots)

I have no idea where I was going with that, but I just had to.

:)

I have just done it too. Believe me, I know of men who put blackberry mobile phones so I imagine tying a card in to a bed sheet pretty easy. I believe its called swinging. :)

And you don't think that draws more attention to you than simply having the client follow you up?

Taking into account the knot to tie the sheets together and the smaller knot to tie the key card to them with hotel sheets that are barely long enough to tuck in at each end of the bed you wouldnt have more than 12ft of sheet so surely the card wouldnt reach far enough anyway it would be far more discreet to either meet them in the foyer or just drop the card down to them out of the window, instead of drawing so much unneccessary attention.

Taking into account the knot to tie the sheets together and the smaller knot to tie the key card to them with hotel sheets that are barely long enough to tuck in at each end of the bed you wouldnt have more than 12ft of sheet so surely the card wouldnt reach far enough anyway it would be far more discreet to either meet them in the foyer or just drop the card down to them out of the window, instead of drawing so much unneccessary attention.

My thought exactly. Obviously not a clever girl.

And you don't think that draws more attention to you than simply having the client follow you up?

Laura. You are right. When I book in to that hotel myself l will use dental floss. :(

I'll play :(

Funniest one that comes to mind when I made not one mistake but two - very embarrassing!

A regular of mine always stayed at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Kensington (100 Cromwell Road). One one occasion though he stayed at the Holiday Inn Forum (around the corner on 97 Cromwell Road).

Well, I forgot and on the appointed day, went in auto-pilot mode to the "usual" hotel. Cheerily knocking on the door, beaming ear to ear. Only to be greeted by a grumpy but bemused strange man. Whoops! confused I apologised and called Mr Regular to find out what I'd done wrong.

Noooo, he said laughing, wrong hotel - need to come to room "559" (or whatever) at the other hotel a few doors down.

OK, off I totter and knock on the door again - beaming with a silly grin this time. Only to be greeted yet AGAIN by a very strange man - not my "Mr Regular".

Very very confused now and a bit perplexed....

another (very sheepish this time) phone call later I realised that this time I knocked on the wrong door. "995" instead of "559".

Third time lucky as they say! How silly did I feel?!

Thank goodness I knew who I was meeting as there was the potential for me to meet two strangers and make their day ;-)

(for the record: I'm not really a dumb blonde)

funny but hard to believe

funny but hard to believe

Lol, am going by what she told me and if you met this particular lady you would believe it.

Lol, am going by what she told me and if you met this particular lady you would believe it.

LOM you have a vivid imagination …… I like your posts they brighten up my day :(

LOM you have a vivid imagination …… I like your posts they brighten up my day :(

Thats good then :cool:

I had an outcall with a gorgeous, friendly and very chatty lady. We had been drinking and must have got quite loud and animated about our sexual likes and dislikes etc. After 2 hours we parted and then about 5 minutes later I got a text from the girl saying that the guy from the room next door had approached her as she walked out of the hotel and wanted to make a booking as he had liked what he heard so much through the ajoining door!

She said she had better warn me in case it was someone I knew (nice of her :-)

So... watch out for gaps in doors.

I'll play ;)

Funniest one that comes to mind when I made not one mistake but two - very embarrassing!

A regular of mine always stayed at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Kensington (100 Cromwell Road). One one occasion though he stayed at the Holiday Inn Forum (around the corner on 97 Cromwell Road).

Well, I forgot and on the appointed day, went in auto-pilot mode to the "usual" hotel. Cheerily knocking on the door, beaming ear to ear. Only to be greeted by a grumpy but bemused strange man. Whoops! confused I apologised and called Mr Regular to find out what I'd done wrong.

Noooo, he said laughing, wrong hotel - need to come to room "559" (or whatever) at the other hotel a few doors down.

OK, off I totter and knock on the door again - beaming with a silly grin this time. Only to be greeted yet AGAIN by a very strange man - not my "Mr Regular".

another (very sheepish this time) phone call later I realised that this time I knocked on the wrong door. "995" instead of "559".

Thank goodness I knew who I was meeting as there was the potential for me to meet two strangers and make their day ;-)

That stuff actually happens - and not just once.

wrong hotel and number turned-round, had both.

(but I wasnt that Mr Regular)

Try Brazil. You fix for a girl to come to your hotel. She arrives and goes to the desk, as the law seems to require. Either they phone to ask you to come down to sign her in or despatch some grinning flunkey up to your room so that you can sign an indemnity form they before they'll let her up.

Even then the chaos doesn't end. One girl, new, I think and nervous, got lost wandering the corridors and upset further flunkeys. Another time, the hotel told me the girl's surname over the phone so I could sign her in when I reached the desk. Nervous of bumping into people I knew in the foyer I promptly forgot it and made illegible squiggles, whilst trying to greet the lady as someone I'd known for years. And fooling no one.

I'll play smile.gif

Forgot? How can anyone forget which hotel their client is in? Piss poor organisation if you ask me, probably spent too long in the shower  :ph34r:

Thought I would pull up this oldie for new funny hotel stories. Any takers x

The worst thing is going into a hotel - take the wrong turning past reception - and have to double back when you realise the room is on the other side of the hotel.

The only other thing is that after a session started room service knocked on the door insisting they needed to come in to do some maintenance work.

The worst thing is going into a hotel - take the wrong turning past reception - and have to double back when you realise the room is on the other side of the hotel.

The only other thing is that after a session started room service knocked on the door insisting they needed to come in to do some maintenance work.

Room Service cannot insist, tell them to fcuk off!

is there an immediate risk of a fire or explosion

No

Then f@#* off

Was walking my visitor out (had lovely 3hour meet) when she handed me her undies to keep infront of reception.

The woman behind the desk protended not to see but was smiling as i walked back up to my room.