djf

Hotels in London

10 posts in this topic

Anyone have an knowledge of relatively decent hotels in Central London (Covent Garden, Bloomsbury, Holborn area) where you can book a room for an hour or two for an outcall?

Never done it before and am wondering whether the people at reception know exactly what's going on?

Thistle Kensington Gardens, ask for day rate anytime from 12pm- 6pm. Yes they know, but just tell them you've had a long journey and want to freshen up and get some rest before meeting your friends. Don't worry about it, they are there to sell space, they really aren't interested what you do in that space.

I like the "freshening up after a long journey" one. Ta

Thistle Kensington Gardens, ask for day rate anytime from 12pm- 6pm. Yes they know, but just tell them you've had a long journey and want to freshen up and get some rest before meeting your friends. Don't worry about it, they are there to sell space, they really aren't interested what you do in that space.

Have you got a rough idea how much that costs please?

Have you got a rough idea how much that costs please?

How long is a piece of string?! They do tend to change their prices almost by the hour, the old "supply and demand" factor was invented for them. The other thing is that I always go for Room 902 ( a suite ), small suite granted, but it's my "lucky" room and have some very, very fond memories. Now depending on time of year and who sees to you at reception and if you're prepad to haggle you can get it for the night as low as £80, though I have paid £180:mad: . The best price I've had for a day rate was £90. Of course there are less expensive rooms and it's better to ring or pop in and haggle last minute than make a booking in advance, which may not suit you.

Anyone have an knowledge of relatively decent hotels in Central London (Covent Garden, Bloomsbury, Holborn area) where you can book a room for an hour or two for an outcall?

Never done it before and am wondering whether the people at reception know exactly what's going on?

It's a few tube stops further east than your preferred location, but the Hoxton Hotel near Old St tube station used to rent rooms (from 10am to 4pm) at a day rate of a mere £19. It's a fine, modern hotel - not at all a fleapit.

The last time I used them was over a year ago, so not 100% sure they still do it. The website never mentions it, but you can book over the phone.

And, as Tarquin says, of course they'll suspect what's going on, but you'll be amazed at how little they care.

Interesting info on Hoxton - I'd only ever looked at them for the £1 sales - not got one yet! I've emailed them to ask if they still do the day rate as I'm in market for same type - and will report back if I remember to. The various hotel groups threw up shared Hostels - which is a no-no obviously, or ones too high up price chain for my needs.

I recall the Heathrow IBIS used to do a £10 for 2 hours 'Park n' Stay' I think they used to call it. I'd consider that but it really is too close to home - way too risky. Worth looking at their Central London sites though - though this might just abe a Heathrow thing.

Looks like they still offer the £19 rate - so seems a greta place to hang out for a short while...

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your note.

Yes, we do still offer the Day Room at a rate of £19.

Please call 020 7550 1000 Option 1 to speak to any of our team would be delighted to check availability and book one for you.

You would not be able to book in reception on the day.

I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you at The Hoxton.

All the best,

Reservations, Hoxton

T: 020 7550 1000

E: reshoxton@thehox.co.uk

does anyone know an alternative for a daily hotel in London?

it seems that hoxton is full for the next month or so! :(

Yes, we do still offer the Day Room at a rate of £19.

Presumably that's for a single? Anybody know how much they'd charge for a double?