Strawberry

Roxio Media Manager

5 posts in this topic

How do you stop this from installing. I do have a blackberry but keep getting Roxio installer messages. Tried uninstalling my blackberry software but can't do it as Roxio installer is working away.

Help!

A quick google brings up loads of people having similar problems with no seeming common resolution.

Basically from what I can gather from reading the different threads on various forums BB desktop extracts itself from the archive on the CD, installs then deletes the install folder but then the Roxio installer still needs to access the info that has been deleted from time to time causing the problem. The trick seems to be to stop BB installer from deleting the folder on the hard drive it extracts the temporary installation files to - or manually extracting them and leaving them there.

Does it let you run the BB installer again from the CD at all?

I don't have a CD - it's a refurbed phone software obtained via downliad from Blackberry website. Was going to uninstall the BB software but the Roxio kept getting in the way!

This problem has only surfaced when I was messing around in the start-up menu yesterday trawling for keyloggers due to my very odd financial goings on.

Try calling up your task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and see if the installer is listed in 'Applications' or if you can spot anything obvious in the 'Processes' list that point to what it is & you can shut down manually from there.

Then once the installer is shut down manually you should then be able to uninstall the BB software?

As suggested above, look in Task Manager, run msconfig to stop any Roxio related tasks from running, reboot in Safe Mode, find the install directory and zap it once Roxio tasks aren't running etc.

You could also look to see if there's a restore point that predates the installation of the software.

Basically, Roxio software is the spawn of evil. I don't let anything related to it near my PC as it's always a pain to remove with dubious benefits. ;)

B